DX'Cellent

Whats hapened to MPUMecca?

richardpen

48 minutes ago, Tommy c said:

If there's anyone in contact with Pete can they give him the heads up. Still can't get in.

Likewise :(  I also can't contact them via the site as there is a problem with the security check the capatcha is not linked to the Mecca correctly.

Not Retired from FME June 2022

10 hours ago, wearecity said:

Dad's also has an error.

Fortunately DAD's uses SMF, so unlikely to see it change, barring the server move.

Not sure what the story is with FE, but I am 1/2 expecting that to change from IP Board, to the same setup as used at the Mecca and here at DIF, though it's not going to be a quick task.

Edited by stanmarsh14

15 minutes ago, mr x said:

But there isn't any very active mods or admin to be told of any server upgrades to pass on to the site members

Yes there is admins aamusement & fruitemu, plus the mods are about regularly. Anyways any update can only mean good for the longlivity of the site and security for its users.

• Like 1

Why does www.fruit-emu.com keep coming up.

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator at [no address given] to inform them of the time this error occurred, and the actions you performed just before this error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

53 minutes ago, SocialDragon368 said:

When will it be completed?

Hi

Looking at how long the mecca took, I would say it may take a while as fruit-emu has more forums and data to transfer over but I am sure it will be back soon, from personal experience I know what a pain upgrades can be, they very rarely go according to plan no matter how well you plan them, I site the bank fiasco earlier this year as an example.

• Like 1

Just now, vectra666 said:

still can,t get on to the mecca via laptop when i type in "fruitemu.co.uk" it goes to alpha radio station. help please??

Someone on The Mecca said you have to search for the mpu Mecca forums on Google and click the link. 

In my case I never ever got redirected to the radio site when it was down, it just went to the down for maintenance message page. 

I think it depends on isp's and when DNS servers are updated. 

I remember once back in the Fruit Forums heydays, some people couldn't access the site for a week or more after a similar upgrade.

Completely irrelevant but I can't remember the persons name now (they were into manga iirc) but they never could get back on and just disappeared from the forums altogether. 

On 30/07/2018 at 08:16, Tommy c said:

If there's anyone in contact with Pete can they give him the heads up. Still can't get in.

PMed Pete twice yesterday with no response. Possibly busy trying to sort problems out?? But there's quite a few having same issues. it does say in a topic give it 48hrs for everything to clam down. But still no help for yourself.