Numbering (Rollercoaster)

Puggy

Back in the day.. I recall Rollercoaster (best fruity ever) having talk of due a pay out when numbering, which was apparently when showing 1s and 12s. How true was this? 

From playing the emulated version, it definitely seems to be something that is a good indicator for when a big win is due. 

If it is the case, any ideas why this was? 

Yes definitely true. I talk about it at length in some of my videos too but can't remember which ones right now. They theory I am aware of for it was in order for the machine to pay a jackpot you need to be guaranteed to win a gamble..........the numbers 1 and 12 would allow you a guaranteed gamble hence they would only appear when the machine could afford a jackpot.

Plenty other JPMs would also number but often it would be slightly different ones. For example impulse would number on 3s and 8s. These are the numbers which step to 12 and 1 on the game. They would also number 1 and 12 too but it was very rare for these to appear and if so it usually meant the machine was in a very good mood.

You also have other machines that ended up numbering due to who programmed it etc. One which springs to mind is £25 jackpot duff beer guide would number would was rather handy!

At the time numbering was something that not many people really knew about. It's a massive edge if you did and knew how to use it. There are also a few other amusing quirks like it takes a JPM one credit to register a win so if say there is 1 jackpot left in a machine and you get it and then the very next spin you hit the bonus and get back in the feature it'll actually allow you to win jackpot again as it hasn't registered the jackpot you just won. If you do manage it then the machine will of course go stone dead and won't pay another jackpot until it's munched over 2x the jackpot amount back.

• Like 2