Desert Island Retro

Jet Set Willy - Role Reversal / Spectrum

Reg

Never seen this game before. It's basically Jet Set Maria! I have a feeling it will be slightly more difficult to avoid the security guard's arrows!!

On your previous Jet Set Willy video I notice you didn't jump up the ladder in the Ballroom East. This leads to East Wall Base and eventually the Emergency Generator at the Top Of The House. There is another "hidden" room, if you go up the rope in We Must Perform A Quirkafleeg, it will lead up to Watch Tower which has a few flashing objects to collect. I never figured out how to actually survive in the Entrance To Hades room where it flashes DIE MORTAL.

Another platform / adventure game I used to play a lot and actually completed was Pud Pud In Weird World. It's a huge game (bigger than Jet Set Willy) with over 100 rooms and 8 objects to collect before you find your way out. The 8 objects seemed to be a theme as this was the number you had to collect in Dynamite Dan also.

6 hours ago, eagle64 said:

Was it just me or is that "cookie monster" in the Library?

Yes they have been pretty inspirational with the sprites on this one... ...they've done a cracking job on this conversion.

3 hours ago, logopolis said:

Never seen this game before. It's basically Jet Set Maria! I have a feeling it will be slightly more difficult to avoid the security guard's arrows!!

On your previous Jet Set Willy video I notice you didn't jump up the ladder in the Ballroom East. This leads to East Wall Base and eventually the Emergency Generator at the Top Of The House. There is another "hidden" room, if you go up the rope in We Must Perform A Quirkafleeg, it will lead up to Watch Tower which has a few flashing objects to collect. I never figured out how to actually survive in the Entrance To Hades room where it flashes DIE MORTAL.

Another platform / adventure game I used to play a lot and actually completed was Pud Pud In Weird World. It's a huge game (bigger than Jet Set Willy) with over 100 rooms and 8 objects to collect before you find your way out. The 8 objects seemed to be a theme as this was the number you had to collect in Dynamite Dan also.

I will look at Pud Pud, thanks for hat heads up. :)

• Like 1