Desert Island Retro

Jet Set Willy / Dragon 32

Reg

19 minutes ago, andy-1 said:

Remember Jet Set Willy on the spectrum, used to love all these old games.

Me too, like many I attempted to be the first to ever complete it 😆 only to find out the 83rd item was both invisible and more importantly inaccessible.

A set of 'pokes' was brought out to fix this and some other issues later on, you can still look this up for more info on google.

• Like 1

Your box will be CASHPOT

There were a lot of machines prior to this that had plastic keyboard, Vic20,Acorn BBC, TRS-80 and C64, all released before the Dragon.  Vic20 was released very early 1980's, I remember getting one for Christmas 1981 from Rumbelows, remember that shop lol.  I was only 9!!!!  I remember the following year everyone was playing the ZX Spectrum and took the absolute piss out of me with my low specced machine ha ha.

J

• Like 1

11 hours ago, dondplayer said:

Me too, like many I attempted to be the first to ever complete it 😆 only to find out the 83rd item was both invisible and more importantly inaccessible.

A set of 'pokes' was brought out to fix this and some other issues later on, you can still look this up for more info on google.

The room above the Ballroom with the rabbits dancing kept killing me if I recall. Must have been a massive error in the program. 

10 hours ago, logopolis said:

The room above the Ballroom with the rabbits dancing kept killing me if I recall. Must have been a massive error in the program. 

There were a few bugs that needed fixing and some less important ones.

I reckon they must have employed the same testers as bell fruit did for the DOND games 😆

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Your box will be CASHPOT