Desert Island Retro

Spectrum MPU3 remakes.

niallquinn

Hi

Struggling to open any of the slots!

After losing my dad and multiple updates on the pc -the slots no longer transfer to winrar for some reason.

Ive managed to open them in win-rar but now when I try to open the slots nothing is there!!

Completely scratching my head now-any help appreciated.

Jay

Hi

On 04/12/2022 at 21:08, niallquinn said:

@gemini17 Can you unzip the archive okay?  Which Spectrum hardware or which emulator are you using?

Hi sorry for late reply.

Am using the latest emulator.

Before the updates took place on the Lappy all the emulations would download to winrar.

Now they go to a new location-I manage to place them into a zipped file then send them to open

in winrar-but when I load them up in the emulator they show as a blank file-says nothing there!

So completely at a loss.

Other slots are downloading fine.

Any help appreciated.

Jay

I have a sneaky feeling you're trying to load these into MFME (I might be wrong).  These are ZX Spectrum programs therefore you need a dedicated Spectrum emulator to run them.    I've tried them on two different emulators and they run fine. 

• Like 1

On 07/12/2022 at 17:52, dad said:

I have a sneaky feeling you're trying to load these into MFME (I might be wrong).  These are ZX Spectrum programs therefore you need a dedicated Spectrum emulator to run them.    I've tried them on two different emulators and they run fine. 

That might explain things Dad.

Many thanks for the above.

Ive been absent from the community after my father passed in July.

I assumed the slots ran in MFME.

I will dig deeper re the emulator needed.

Again thanks for the information.

Jay

• Like 1