Anyone know if this machine has been emulated?

Ze Frog

Was a great machine on £25 a play, never see these anywhere nowadays. I was, let's say friendly, lol, with the barmaid in local pub at the time who would tip me off when brand new machines were getting put in. This particular machine was especially good to me cleaned it out with an IOU for £12. Used to play them other places and never got such a streak, although they were pretty good. Think these must have had a pretty generous nature from factory.

download (3).jpeg

Edited by Dawlish09

8 hours ago, Dawlish09 said:

Was a great machine on £25 a play, never see these anywhere nowadays. I was, let's say friendly, lol, with the barmaid in local pub at the time who would tip me off when brand new machines were getting put in. This particular machine was especially good to me cleaned it out with an IOU for £12. Used to play them other places and never got such a streak, although they were pretty good. Think these must have had a pretty generous nature from factory.

download (3).jpeg

£25 a play seems a bit steep for a £5 jackpot 🤣

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, MikeyMonster said:

@Dawlish09

Yes it is - always worth checking the legacy download section for any game you are interested in.

Ah, I see, still not familiar with all the different sections. Do legacy ROMs play in a different software or still in MFME? I'm really quite green regarding emulation and it's a new experience for me. Have to say I'm incredibly impressed. To think people have gone to such lengths to provide this experience out of a sheer passion for preservation and others entertainment is truly remarkable. I can't think of any online community that is literally so sharing and selfless. 

I been here a while - but i as technical minded as a goldfish!

AFAIK and in my experience- when downloading from legacy - most games load and run exactly the same way. Only real difference is they always start from reset - so no play history at all.  For me some don't work (quite a few of the BFM offerings) - but as far as I can recall - all the barcrest ones do - and the £25 hyper viper is defo in there.  (As are some other barcrest GREATS!  Check out Throw a Wobbler also on £25jp... and £25 Space Invaders whilst you there.)

Some - will have a variety of versions by different artists - and for machines like JPM's Rollercoaster a number of stake and prize options

Edited by MikeyMonster
last line added

When you download from the legacy section you will need to turn up the volume because they start from RAM reset. Another optional thing is filling up the machine and also perhaps changing the percentage payout. On MPU5 the volume can be changed by holding down the 2nd hold button and ticking refill.

• Like 1