MEI 9524e coin mech setup for mfme

davep180

I recently purchased the above coin mech, pictured below. Thanks to Pete @WibbleWobbleit now works in mfme. Some of you may be familiar with @No1Stoney's diagram for the mars 126dfx. Well, using this as a base, if you do the following, the mei9524e mech will work just fine, and it's cheaper at the moment than the 126, aaaand is way easier to setup the coin routing for (no routing plug yay!)

Assuming we use this diagram.....

Coin mech wiring.png

Pins start at the top as pin1 and the bottom as pin17, pin 5 is actually the empty space in the picture. So! Pin 8 (the unused square in the diagram) should be connected to your 5v or 12v feed from the pc (yellow wire for older pcs). Then, remove pin10 from the mech or ipac or both. Put all dip switches on the mech to the off position. It will then work exactly the same as the mars 126dfx!

9524e.thumb.png.a16b0ce4c11e1b4c5622523cd1911cba.png

Here is the manual too, it explains how to route the coins!

cashflow_952_series.pdf

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
1 hour ago, EdwardFarmer said:

Does this coin mech allow all coins ? As in if i put a 5p in it wpuld register it as 5p on the machine ?

the mech will as the inhibits are grounded, but I guess it depends if the machine does accept 5p, if it doesn't then it wont register and will swallow the 5p

Edited by andrew96
  • Like 1