Happy Go Lucky - BWB

supercom

5 minutes ago, wearecity said:

It's still available at fruit-emu 

https://www.fruit-emu.com/forums/files/file/3048-bwb-happy-go-lucky-wdx/

If not it'll be in the Legacy layout section, which is for donators only. 

On mobile so can't see if you are a donator. 

Alternatively the layout author could send you it. 

Already a donator mate - Downloading now, cheers...

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 03/08/2022 at 22:12, wearecity said:

This definitely needs a revamp.

Part of the SD368 Group

• 1 month later...
On 03/08/2022 at 22:12, wearecity said:

Would you say it's worth me signing up at fruit-emu? Do they have much that DIF doesn't?

Originally I was going to join there, but this place seemed far more together and organized with a lot more forum activity and sense of community.

8 hours ago, Dawlish09 said:

Would you say it's worth me signing up at fruit-emu? Do they have much that DIF doesn't?

Originally I was going to join there, but this place seemed far more together and organized with a lot more forum activity and sense of community.

That place is dead when it comes to new layout content and has been pretty much for years.

Even new forum posts are extremely rare. 

But for a donation you can still access the downloads without restrictions. 

99.9% of the content is available here, though the legacy section.

Here if looking for a layout I'd suggest looking at the gallery for machines by sorting it into caption to get it alphabetical and then visit the legacy section where you get all the layouts for a particular machine.

At fruit-emu you search via technologies, but the downloads are individual layouts.

Because a lot of layouts at fruit-emu are from older emulators, a lot will need converting in V5.1 to work in v20.1

• Like 1

will say as well on the fruit emu thing, that a few things I tried to download that weren't in the legacy section here  brought up an error after waiting the 100 seconds - like the file has been removed. As said, i think fruit-emu is done. Dunno if anyone else has this issue at all

Edited by WonkySausage

1 hour ago, WonkySausage said:

will say as well on the fruit emu thing, that a few things I tried to download that weren't in the legacy section here  brought up an error after waiting the 100 seconds - like the file has been removed. As said, i think fruit-emu is done. Dunno if anyone else has this issue at all

Are you a donator and have more than a couple of posts.

They are the likely reasons, for that message.

I'm a gold supporter, renews annually automatically. Just had my £20 leave paypal the other day and never ever have that message.

3 hours ago, wearecity said:

That place is dead when it comes to new layout content and has been pretty much for years.

Even new forum posts are extremely rare. 

But for a donation you can still access the downloads without restrictions. 

99.9% of the content is available here, though the legacy section.

Here if looking for a layout I'd suggest looking at the gallery for machines by sorting it into caption to get it alphabetical and then visit the legacy section where you get all the layouts for a particular machine.

At fruit-emu you search via technologies, but the downloads are individual layouts.

Because a lot of layouts at fruit-emu are from older emulators, a lot will need converting in V5.1 to work in v20.1

Yeah, I'll just stick with DIF. Only have limited funds at present,plus it makes no sense to prop up a site which is effectively dead when this place could do with the donations more so to enable the community to survive.

I’d say fruit emu has a much larger archive of mfme layouts.  Lots are pre new mfme but I still often download the odd layout or two.  The search is better over there, (unless I’m doing something wrong here) though it doesn’t recognise 3 letter words, which is probably a search default to be fair.

J

Yes search has to be more than 3 letters. 

There are advantages to both ways of searching and downloading from here and fruit-emu. 

Fruit-emu contains a lot of fme and fruit machine history, I hope even if it is going to close, the whole lot is at least preserved. 

It also contains older versions of MFME, plus bfemulator, jpemu and Project Amber emulators and layouts. 

Although I guess some members will have layouts and emulators archived, so mainly the forum stuff.

As for supporting it, well there's still a lot for your money.

6 hours ago, serene02 said:

I’d say fruit emu has a much larger archive of mfme layouts.  Lots are pre new mfme but I still often download the odd layout or two.  The search is better over there, (unless I’m doing something wrong here) though it doesn’t recognise 3 letter words, which is probably a search default to be fair.

J

Fruit emu does have the DX Layouts for Battle Axe and Fireball and others where the wheel actually spins. Found them in a thread on there.