MFME

chriss82

Hi Guys,

Sorry if posted before or if to the wrong place but thought about getting another pc monitor specifically for running MFME on.

Was going to turn this monitor on its side to get the full advantage of layouts.

I'm sure I've read this before that tvs and monitors can be turned to portrait mode. Is it only MFME v20+ that this can be done with? Also apart from setting the monitor up for portrait mode is there anything else I need to do? Would there be any issues having my all-in-one in landscape and a separate monitor in portrait mode?

Just got my all-in-one back from currys repair centre, was hoping for no fix as I'd have got a voucher towards the cost of a pc that I could've plugged into my TV. Could probably do that with this as well, then I thought about the additional monitor idea 💡 

Thanks in advance folks, Chris 

MFME works and looks great with a monitor in portrait mode. Just set your desktop settings to portrait mode and fire up MFME. Then put mfme in full screen mode. Nothing else to it. As for having another monitor in landscape thats fine too just goto desktop properties and arrange the monitors how they are on your desk. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, chriss82 said:

Thanks. Still undecided as another pc would set me back about 300 and a monitor is 100 so if I go with the monitor option then il give it a go 👍

you can get a second hand 32-47inch tv from a charity shop and use a wall bracket to mount it and rotate it to portrait. i can connect by hdmi or wirelessly screen cast to my 42 tv.. the hdmi is better as its not laggy, but the wireless option adds portability.. just adding the option..

living the dream

@woodsy @chriss82 @No1Stoney

The only issue I had and that just may lay with PC monitors is that they looked dreadful in portrait mode partly because they where TN monitors, in other words the viewing angle in portrait mode was crap and you had to move your head as it went darker in certain viewing angles. 

I've never tried a modern TV though, so don't know how they'll look. As @woodsy said charity shops, or even fleBay! (you may get a cheap one without a bracket/stand etc.).

• Like 1

Just now, Road Hog Mad said:

@woodsy @chriss82 @No1Stoney

The only issue I had and that just may lay with PC monitors is that they looked dreadful in portrait mode partly because they where TN monitors, in other words the viewing angle in portrait mode was crap and you had to move your head as it went darker in certain viewing angles. 

I've never tried a modern TV though, so don't know how they'll look. As @woodsy said charity shops, or even fleBay! (you may get a cheap one without a bracket/stand etc.).

saw a 1080p 32" samsung relatively new model for £65 yesterday, an amazon wall bracket that rotates £15 and via hdmi i can tell you it looks good, the wireless connection stutters and as it's a rotating wall mount, you can maybe just upgrade your tv for something special and multi purpose, either way update the thread with your config as it will be good to see

living the dream

Just now, chriss82 said:

Thats alright for under £100. My mrs got me a new 55" telly for my birthday there so i think il get a cheap enough desktop as i dont do any other gaming. Just something for running mfme and the usual software like excel etc...

Il post a photo of my setup when I get the new pc 👍

• Like 1