Bought these. Am I an idiot!

davep180

As the title suggests, I got these 2, with tray from a scrap S4 club machine. I was assured that they were of the parallel persuasion, so took a punt. £12 + £7.50 postage. Once arrived I immediately saw that the big hopper only has an 8 pin connector rather than the 10 pin ones that the newer "U" type hoppers have. I can't even see the connector on the other hopper as it's covered by metal. Both seem to be seperately connected to an 18 pin connector that I assume once connected to the s4 payout system. Does anyone have manuals for either the s4 or the separate hoppers? Any information based on the pics below will be greatly received, and @woodsyI'm well aware you already think I'm an idiot. Thanks!IMG_1093.thumb.JPG.a08fb139142c6c1b9303f1d13ee77daf.JPGIMG_1091.thumb.JPG.675ff384c1f16ec9edb0766b998ec6be.JPGIMG_1092.thumb.JPG.53f2074a616f69c921e75f37261242bf.JPG

1 hour ago, davep180 said:

As the title suggests, I got these 2, with tray from a scrap S4 club machine. I was assured that they were of the parallel persuasion, so took a punt. £12 + £7.50 postage. Once arrived I immediately saw that the big hopper only has an 8 pin connector rather than the 10 pin ones that the newer "U" type hoppers have. I can't even see the connector on the other hopper as it's covered by metal. Both seem to be seperately connected to an 18 pin connector that I assume once connected to the s4 payout system. Does anyone have manuals for either the s4 or the separate hoppers? Any information based on the pics below will be greatly received, and @woodsyI'm well aware you already think I'm an idiot. Thanks!IMG_1093.thumb.JPG.a08fb139142c6c1b9303f1d13ee77daf.JPGIMG_1091.thumb.JPG.675ff384c1f16ec9edb0766b998ec6be.JPGIMG_1092.thumb.JPG.53f2074a616f69c921e75f37261242bf.JPG

Idiot, no chance I would of asked you for a higher price if I thought you were a dafty!! Thanks for the £20 I have a lot more falsely described clutter in my home if you are looking for more bargains and I’ll send you the lot with no stamps so you can pay the postage too!!!

but seriously I don’t think there’s anything wrong with a £20 gamble on a possible way to get your build back up and running, the only thing I can say is bad luck and I hope you can get it fixed soon! Perhaps speak to roadhogmad as he’s selling a build and may have a hopper spare 

living the dream

17 minutes ago, woodsy said:

Idiot, no chance I would of asked you for a higher price if I thought you were a dafty!! Thanks for the £20 I have a lot more falsely described clutter in my home if you are looking for more bargains and I’ll send you the lot with no stamps so you can pay the postage too!!!

but seriously I don’t think there’s anything wrong with a £20 gamble on a possible way to get your build back up and running, the only thing I can say is bad luck and I hope you can get it fixed soon! Perhaps speak to roadhogmad as he’s selling a build and may have a hopper spare 

Do they still do postal orders? I'll start sending them to you on a regular basis!

8 minutes ago, Ginge said:

The smaller hopper of the two is a money controls compact hopper

I had one of those once. Didn't get anywhere with it though. I ended up using part of it as a payout chute! I think that one needs a relay and more skills than i have.

I never fitted hopper’s or coinmeck to my cabinet so not sure what will work with mfme.

pretty sure someone on Mecca will be able to help,I will have a look on Monday if I’ve got a manual somewhere in work.can’t remember what the azkoyen one was called ,think it was e type or something like that some have opto and some  have a small microswitch I have fee machines with them in work crazy fruits/line dancer/fruits n suits/golden game etc so sure one of them manuals will have the info you need.

• Like 1

Thanks @GingeI've put a thread up on MpuMecca too. Made a donation in hope of a manual or something. I've been lurking and browsing that site for years, so it was about time I paid into it. Plus my Happy Campers machine isn't getting any younger and there are some seriously knowledgeable people over there! :yellowsmilewinkgrin:

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Ginge said:

The smaller hopper of the two is a money controls compact hopper these can be parallel or serial if you dismantle it you will see a 4 pin plug =parallel 
10 pin plug = serial

Got the metal surrounds away and it's a 4 pin connector. I've ordered a relay, just need to work out how to use it when it arrives! Hopefully you can find me some info on that other hopper (2nd pic) as there is literally no information or manuals for this that i could find. E-service have no U hoppers in stock, Ebay want over £60, so I've contacted Maggi Electronics to see if they think they could  repair my broken ones. At least I can play ones that pay out in £1s but really missing my oldies lol. Thanks to all that have looked and all that have tried to help me out.  This community is truly awesome.

10 minutes ago, davep180 said:

Got the metal surrounds away and it's a 4 pin connector. I've ordered a relay, just need to work out how to use it when it arrives! Hopefully you can find me some info on that other hopper (2nd pic) as there is literally no information or manuals for this that i could find. E-service have no U hoppers in stock, Ebay want over £60, so I've contacted Maggi Electronics to see if they think they could  repair my broken ones. At least I can play ones that pay out in £1s but really missing my oldies lol. Thanks to all that have looked and all that have tried to help me out.  This community is truly awesome.

idiot

• Awesome 1

living the dream