is there a way of converting layouts?

Mouldman

Hi everyone, 

Not sure if this is the correct forum for this question but... Is there any way to convert the FML layouts to DAT format to use on on different MFMEs? I have loads of roms from fruitys I used to love playing, thing is when I come to open them it says layout is missing... Its not missing, its just in a different format (I think!) I have looked for online converters but to no avail.

You can probably tell from the above sentence I am a real newbie to this so any advice at all would be gratefully received.

Thanks in advance

x

It very simple :mess_352:

Download v5.1 https://www.desertislandfruits.com/forum/index.php?/files/category/71-legacy-releases/

Open the .dat file layout in v5.1, then when you close the layout, it will ask to save it, say yes and it will save it as a .fml file, which will open in v20.1.

Simple.

As an aside....

Something you will discover, is that you will need to read the T&C message every time you open a different version of MFME, to the last one you used. So make sure you convert several layouts at a time or better still convert everything in one session.

I would suggest you open v20.1, before you open v5.1. Otherwise you'll have to read the T&C's for v5.1, then read them again when you go to open v20.1.

When you go to close both versions, close down last, the version you will open next time, so you don't have to read the T&C's again on that version.

If you do it in that order, all the time, you'll only ever have to read one version of the T&C's.

Edited by wearecity
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Awesome 1

21 hours ago, Mouldman said:

Is there any way to convert the FML layouts to DAT format to use on on different MFMEs?

I do not think so, as wearecity said it can be done the other way around.  I used a tool (By Ross) which batch converted older layouts to .fml when I painstakingly converted all old formats to work with the current v20.1.  The reason for this was to uniform the legacy section.  Please remember though the converted layouts were just that, converted not enhanced with the newer features the later emulators embraced.

• Thanks 2

Not Retired from FME June 2022

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...