Table Top Controller

1969kappa

Good day to all I'm currently just finishing of a controller (it was going to be a cabinet build but both TV's I had were shot )I will post pictures when it's finished only started it on Thursday got buttons in running on keyboard encoder installed Pac drive wired up testing them all work BUT how do I programme the lights to flash in time with the machine I'm playing don't mind learning but could do with an idiot's guide to programming them if possible any help would be appreciated but thanks to all who look  

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, davep180 said:

If I remember rightly, download ledblinky and set each button to a letter on your keyboard. Ie the ones you have set your buttons to in MFME. @MPU_FIVEhas done it recently, so hopefully he can add something to this.

23 minutes ago, davep180 said:

If I remember rightly, download ledblinky and set each button to a letter on your keyboard. Ie the ones you have set your buttons to in MFME. @MPU_FIVEhas done it recently, so hopefully he can add something to this.

thank you for input

Hi @1969kappa.... i am assuming your Tabletop controller is already set up via WinIPAC and when you press your start button it will be represented with a SPACE and your hold button when pressed will represent a 1 etc, etc...

Some info should be in my thread above, but here is how i did it...

Load MFME, (don't load any games yet), then click the CONFIGURATION tab if your pacdrive is plugged in you should see something like this...

image.thumb.png.003d8de9736dfed167dfda4e681fa61c.png

2 In the box highlighted in the red ellipse of picture 2 im configuring button 1 (attatched to pin 1 on the pacdrive) which in my setup is the orange circle button. Select Lamp from the dropdown box for the output type. Then press the button you are configuring so in my case here i press the orange circle button which has been defined as SPACE from previously defining all my keys using WinIPAC. Then click the add button and it will put your defined key up in the list and will be ready to recieve your configuration of button 2 (pin 2 on the pacdrive)

image.thumb.png.15442c4a1623e8754f58f6a0c56d4a6d.png

3 In picture 3 below, you can see i am pressing the blue button on my Tabletop Keyboard which will put my chosen keypress into the shortcut box (highlighted by the yellow arrow

image.thumb.png.292a62d5781582b5096cb8a34b1dc9c6.png

4. Keep going through all your buttons (i had 16) and this was what i had onscreen in picture 4 (during) and picture 5 (after all 16 buttons defined)

image.thumb.png.aa28242e15183fe12ca0bf64bdfa0c49.png

image.thumb.png.1322a7b6bcc313fc0feb7143939787f1.png

When all that is done, click save template as in picture 6 below, and give it a name... I called mine FRUIT KEYBOARD (it will hav the extension .pac) as it's a Pacdrive template file.

image.thumb.png.5805fde2aec4ae1bd6f012cd08fc972c.png

Now that is saved, come out of MFME and start a fresh MFME and load any game you want... in this case i'm doing Money Spinner and i'm showing just 1 button here but just work through them all... i've found alot of machines buttons don't need changing as many use ` as cancel 1,2,3,4 for holds and SPACE as start, 0 as £1 H for Hi L for LO etc...

Here i'm changing the platinum pot button defined as P originally but im going to set it to my green square button on my keyboard which is represented by C so...

with the game loaded, click DESIGN > EDIT > COMPONENTS LIST

drag the component list box as close to the button your changing as possible, point to the button on the layout here highlighted bya  yellow circle and arrow and the components list will highlight that the button is currently set to P (presumably for platinum)

Right click the P thats in the highlighted row (above red arrow in the pic) then select properties as shown by green arrow in picture 8

image.thumb.png.630069aa72059227526bb71d0dab59ee.png

image.thumb.png.1f0178ae1c94cf554a5be26114bb51d9.png

in the shortcuts box shown below highlighted by the red arrow, youll see P is set but when i press the green button on my keyboard it will replace the P with a C which is what letter my green square is set to...

image.thumb.png.ef79e81ee10a40f0ab0efca816a3485c.png

Then click apply shown in pic below by green arrow and then exit the properties box (shown by blue arrow in the picture) and that is the platinum button done...

image.thumb.png.45882034eb7bc6c5e2e8d7a2e966e590.png

then change all the buttons on the layout that need doing as i have (hopefully) shown, and when that is all done click DESIGN > EDIT (to exit edit mode)

then click the CONFIGURATION tab...

click PACDRIVE tab....

click LOAD TEMPLATE  and select your .pac file you defined earlier so in my case i'm looking for FRUIT KEYBOARD.pac

then click CONFIG and (Hopefully) it will automatically assign lamps to your buttons and your MFME Keyboard will light up and be alive! Yay!

exit the CONFIGURATION tab and enjoy your game... (Don't forget when you exit, MFME will say Layout has changed, do you want to save changes.... click YES and it will save it so next time you load that layout, all the keys and lights will be working like a good'un!

Hope this helps... i have to cook my son his dinner and get him back to his mother...

Over and out!

Gary :)

• Like 1

Also you don't need the LEDBlinky app.

All i used was WinIPAC downloaded direct from ultimarc's website...

https://www.ultimarc.com/control-interfaces/i-pacs/i-pac2/

image.thumb.png.509638568953f0aa2d15edd05fe6df3d.png

The lamps bit is all done in MFME's PACDRIVE configuration tab.

WinIPACv2 is used to get the computer to map keypresses to the MFME Keyboard you created, but from your original post, it sounds like you have already done that bit and it's just getting the buttons to light up that you wanted to know about....

Hope my help, erm ... helps! lol

Cheers.

Gary

On 06/03/2022 at 16:32, MPU_FIVE said:

Hi @1969kappa.... i am assuming your Tabletop controller is already set up via WinIPAC and when you press your start button it will be represented with a SPACE and your hold button when pressed will represent a 1 etc, etc...

Some info should be in my thread above, but here is how i did it...

Load MFME, (don't load any games yet), then click the CONFIGURATION tab if your pacdrive is plugged in you should see something like this...

image.thumb.png.003d8de9736dfed167dfda4e681fa61c.png

2 In the box highlighted in the red ellipse of picture 2 im configuring button 1 (attatched to pin 1 on the pacdrive) which in my setup is the orange circle button. Select Lamp from the dropdown box for the output type. Then press the button you are configuring so in my case here i press the orange circle button which has been defined as SPACE from previously defining all my keys using WinIPAC. Then click the add button and it will put your defined key up in the list and will be ready to recieve your configuration of button 2 (pin 2 on the pacdrive)

image.thumb.png.15442c4a1623e8754f58f6a0c56d4a6d.png

3 In picture 3 below, you can see i am pressing the blue button on my Tabletop Keyboard which will put my chosen keypress into the shortcut box (highlighted by the yellow arrow

image.thumb.png.292a62d5781582b5096cb8a34b1dc9c6.png

4. Keep going through all your buttons (i had 16) and this was what i had onscreen in picture 4 (during) and picture 5 (after all 16 buttons defined)

image.thumb.png.aa28242e15183fe12ca0bf64bdfa0c49.png

image.thumb.png.1322a7b6bcc313fc0feb7143939787f1.png

When all that is done, click save template as in picture 6 below, and give it a name... I called mine FRUIT KEYBOARD (it will hav the extension .pac) as it's a Pacdrive template file.

image.thumb.png.5805fde2aec4ae1bd6f012cd08fc972c.png

Now that is saved, come out of MFME and start a fresh MFME and load any game you want... in this case i'm doing Money Spinner and i'm showing just 1 button here but just work through them all... i've found alot of machines buttons don't need changing as many use ` as cancel 1,2,3,4 for holds and SPACE as start, 0 as £1 H for Hi L for LO etc...

Here i'm changing the platinum pot button defined as P originally but im going to set it to my green square button on my keyboard which is represented by C so...

with the game loaded, click DESIGN > EDIT > COMPONENTS LIST

drag the component list box as close to the button your changing as possible, point to the button on the layout here highlighted bya  yellow circle and arrow and the components list will highlight that the button is currently set to P (presumably for platinum)

Right click the P thats in the highlighted row (above red arrow in the pic) then select properties as shown by green arrow in picture 8

image.thumb.png.630069aa72059227526bb71d0dab59ee.png

image.thumb.png.1f0178ae1c94cf554a5be26114bb51d9.png

in the shortcuts box shown below highlighted by the red arrow, youll see P is set but when i press the green button on my keyboard it will replace the P with a C which is what letter my green square is set to...

image.thumb.png.ef79e81ee10a40f0ab0efca816a3485c.png

Then click apply shown in pic below by green arrow and then exit the properties box (shown by blue arrow in the picture) and that is the platinum button done...

image.thumb.png.45882034eb7bc6c5e2e8d7a2e966e590.png

then change all the buttons on the layout that need doing as i have (hopefully) shown, and when that is all done click DESIGN > EDIT (to exit edit mode)

then click the CONFIGURATION tab...

click PACDRIVE tab....

click LOAD TEMPLATE  and select your .pac file you defined earlier so in my case i'm looking for FRUIT KEYBOARD.pac

then click CONFIG and (Hopefully) it will automatically assign lamps to your buttons and your MFME Keyboard will light up and be alive! Yay!

exit the CONFIGURATION tab and enjoy your game... (Don't forget when you exit, MFME will say Layout has changed, do you want to save changes.... click YES and it will save it so next time you load that layout, all the keys and lights will be working like a good'un!

Hope this helps... i have to cook my son his dinner and get him back to his mother...

Over and out!

Gary :)

Thank You very much this is a guide that is double idiot proof thank you for such a long detailed guide worked a treat first time I know I will have to spend time setting different machines up .But now I have light I was stuck with either lights on or lights off now you solved it .Thanks to all who read post and a big shout to MPU_FIVE cheers  1969kappa

ezgif.com-gif-maker.gif

Edited by 1969kappa
forgot pic
  • Like 3
  • Awesome 1

On 08/03/2022 at 22:10, MPU_FIVE said:

Wow! that's awesome news, @1969kappa....

I'm chuffed to bits that my guide made sense and you are proof that it works!

Cheers matey!

Awesome looking keyboard too! :)

Gary.

💡💡💡

now done about 10 machines the difference it make using button box  and lights wish I'd done it years ago when I made my full MAME cabinet thanks anyway 

• 11 months later...