help please.. lamping an awkward shape and blending etc?

woodsy

attached is a 3 second video of the attract mode for las vegas, on the right is the way it works the best and is ready to go on the left is the artistic approach which i've been struggling with for the last 3 days. i can't get it right and it does my nut in. because of the awkward shape and that they are connected it's confusing me and i've not got confidence in the way it looks either way so please can someone help with tech method to make the lamps nice for the name trail..

i've tried blacking the letters out and doing an overlay image to have the right hand side letters overlayed with the left hand shading etc. no joy

i've tried overlapping and blending lamps i think.

i'm stuck.image.thumb.png.2fef5ad719da31eff8c90e33ed577c7f.png

image.thumb.png.7d61f1884073c684caabeb49015d4d88.png

LAS VEGAS STRIP £10 DX BY WOODSY 2022-02-25 18-31-01.zip

living the dream

This is where blended lamps can help. As you light up the whole image in photoshop and then MFME will split the image up by way of blending the lamps. You can create a 'mask' in MFME which acts as the place where the lamp would be positioned on the image and then assign it with a lamp number. Have a look at my King kebab layout and look at the king kebab logo between the reels and the trail to see how to set them up (There are 8 lamps on 1 image).

Edited by No1Stoney

as no1 says deffo blend the lamps you can light up each individual letter that way, so each lamp would be as follows

LAS 3 lamps lamp mask,  left, middle, right

vegas 5 lamps, far left, left, middle, right, far right

strip 5 lamps same as above.

i did this with the fellowship (fifth lamp not showing in image below)

make sure each letter has a lamp on it

Untitled.png

Edited by vectra666

OH... thanks guys.. i completely forgot about using the lamp masks to light up the individual sections!!

really have been stressed with this layout, so that little reminder and screenshot is very very welcomed, thanks to you both @No1Stoney @vectra666 really been a long few days trying several different techniques yet missing the one that i needed..

good good good.. 

• Like 1

living the dream

11 minutes ago, woodsy said:

OH... thanks guys.. i completely forgot about using the lamp masks to light up the individual sections!!

really have been stressed with this layout, so that little reminder and screenshot is very very welcomed, thanks to you both @No1Stoney @vectra666 really been a long few days trying several different techniques yet missing the one that i needed..

good good good.. 

i expect this to be the same as magnificent sevens as in the same lamp order, do you know there's three lamps per dice etc

1 minute ago, vectra666 said:

i expect this to be the same as magnificent sevens as in the same lamp order, do you know there's three lamps per dice etc

yeah, totally un-necessary tbh a they don't do anything other than make the attract mode look nicer.. the only fekking lamp i can't find 

are the sphinx, the lose under the cards and the luxor name.

i've used the unused lamp optiona nd test mode 3 does the lamps but i can't feeking find it.. CAN YOU?? mwahhh hahaah haha

living the dream