Possibly another seller

Clo06

22 minutes ago, fruitsnappa said:

Wonder what he'd do if everyone went round to collect one? 

end of the day these people who put all the hard work into the layouts i rather donate to the site and download them myself virus free ..... These people who create USB / CDs will always be caught one way or another and BANNED 

1 hour ago, Clo06 said:

Thanks clo!! I’m going to try and wind him up for a bit then turn on him like a true psycho haha!!! Just for fun like!! 

B8EB7A1E-CFC2-4C31-B313-7A0209F6FBF3.png

• Like 2

living the dream

Unfortunately this really is no different from buying a full set of mame rom disks complete with bezels and artwork, or any other emulation set that comes pre packaged.  There are always going to be plenty of people profiting from others work.

I’ve purchased emulation sets in the past, Hyperspin is a good example.  I’ve bought both a complete hard drive already to go, I’ve also downloaded from torrents.  I’m sure the actual guys that made it possible didn’t receive any of the proceeds either!!

J

could i just put my 2p`s worth in here, and this is merely a point of view - 

I still see layouts without a disclaimer on them to the words of `if you bought this of ebay you have been robbed` or ` these are free from DIF, if you have paid ask for your money back` etc. etc. etc. 

all layout designes are fully entitled to do what ever they wish, and i actually support their decision BUT it is making it easier for sellers to rip all their hard work and effort to line their own pockets.

apologies if i crossed a line with my thoughts.

Words of warning won’t do anything really.  I don’t see the point to be honest.  Best line of thought is if you don’t want your layouts being packed and sold then simply don’t release them, that is the only way to not get upset about it as these disks/usb will always be around.

I don’t actually mind as long as the supplier isn’t making a massive amount of profit and it’s more a service.  It’s an attractive package to anyone who doesn’t want to get involved with the scene but just wants to enjoy the emulation and layouts.

I’m not interested in getting involved with mame or pinball or any other old system emulation scene, so these packaged disk setups are ideal.  I don’t think you should have to be part of a community to enjoy emulation personally, that’s my personal view only.

J

• Like 2

I do agree with Serene, this will continue to happen. 

There's been links on here where you can download all the layouts, if you look beyond the initial landing page. 

Posting links to people's Facebook pages, websites etc... also provides further links to disks.

The hope would be that some good comes out of it, for instance new members, who can offer up new resources. 

I think the word of FME is now spreading further than ever, with lots of members interested in adding FME to their cabinet set ups, from Italy to the USA. 

If the Arcade Simulator, ends up with MFME and MAME together it will probably explode, to all parts of the world, as MAME is worldwide. 

This reminds me of when people used to buy shareware at Bowlers in Manchester, and other computer fairs. All you paid for, was the disk (service) Like a pound or less. 
For me, that was a fair business, because the sellers do not claim any rights to, nor edit any of the works, and the shareware providers got to spread the word. 

Treat every day like your last, because one day it will be!

Fruit Machine <<<My new project!