Mid to late 90s machine.

Super Fruity

Hi all,

I posted this in my introduction regarding a machine which i believe was called 'Amaze-ing' or A-maze-ing' (or something along those lines), which I used to dump coins into in the mid to late 90s. I was just wondering if this soundly vaguely familiar to anyone. I haven't looked around here yet because I'm still new to the (superb) site, and thought apart from being easier, it might give people a little challenge to figure out what on earth I am going on about, lol.

I am sure it wasn't a 2p play, and it was modernish for the time, not an old machine. It was the first machine I ever played on and it introduced me to the 'holds after nudges' and all that great stuff I was so unaware of. Damn, I can still hear some of the sounds!

Edited by Super Fruity
Spelling mistakes.

Hi Vectra,

Thanks for the reply! The typeface 'Amazing' definately looks familiar, and it could well be it. I wonder if it's already on emulation, or a vid of it playing as I am sure some of the sounds would confirm it for sure. Does seem familiar though, as I remember the typeface was very Indiana Jones-esque, it could well be it!

Thanks for this, it's starting to jog my poor memory! :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Super Fruity said:

Hi Vectra,

Thanks for the reply! The typeface 'Amazing' definately looks familiar, and it could well be it. I wonder if it's already on emulation, or a vid of it playing as I am sure some of the sounds would confirm it for sure. Does seem familiar though, as I remember the typeface was very Indiana Jones-esque, it could well be it!

Thanks for this, it's starting to jog my poor memory! :)

Don’t think it’s emulated yet, but I’m sure the roms are out there, via the mecca, not the bingo site lol

2 hours ago, Boulderdash said:

If it's Indiana Jones font you remember them that's your machine. 

This one was also amazing...

it-s-amazing-70-jackpot-pub-fruit-machine-895-1-p.jpg

Hi Boulderdash. That isn't the one, and I do think that Vectra has nailed it the more I look at the picture. I'll need to watch out for an emulation or something, just so the sounds can confirm it, as my memory is pretty rubbish at times! Cheers! :)