FruitBar 2022

appstrader

32 minutes ago, No1Stoney said:

Haven't gone back to it just yet as haven't had the time

Real life always gets in the way doesn't it? Hope you can get it sorted. The effort / expertise you have put in getting other peoples setups up and running deserves a pretty front end for your own machine. I personally, would not have mine setup without your diagrams and posts on the subject. So thanks man. much appreciated.

• Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, davep180 said:

No worries. I only add the ones I deem good enough for release, as I have seen what the likes of @AK45 and @Ginge can do, and most of my paint3d efforts aren't up to it really!

why not draw some clouds dave, i've got a white crayon that i haven't eaten yet if you want to borrow it

living the dream

• 1 month later...
On 24/04/2022 at 22:28, appstrader said:

Are you guys bored with the current version of Fruitbar yet? 

Never ever get bored of this Andrew you do such a good job, I personally haven`t added any extra machines to my cabinet lately or uploaded any images or visited fruitbar just don`t seem to get the time something irl always crops up. 

• Like 1

I still need to reinstall my cab @davep180  I am still using the version with the user configurable panel with anything you want, video, text you name it, it does windows programs, mame, etc

I seems to have kind of quiet in here recently so not really posted or popped in too often, did i miss anything ?

1302030681_fruitbarnewlogo.png.b4072d66bdb5dfc556f436340bf9fce5.png 

MFME & MAME Frontend software https://fruitcade.co.uk

• 2 weeks later...

I have to wonder which bit are you having problems with ?  Once you setup one rom the rest is simple.

It's simply a folder and naming exercise once you have that right it becomes simple.

If you wish to post what ever part you are struggling with im sure we can point you in the right direction.

The latest build does require a little more configuration but only if you want full game videos, etc simply because you can have anything you want attributed to any individual rom.

Then you have the ability to run windows programs, mame, etc but start simple and you will soon be flying.

14 hours ago, Robsonmeg46 said:

Thanks I just can't get it right I will have another go another day 

• 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, appstrader said:

Anyone still using the fruitbar site ?  Tempted to close down my dedicated server or maybe relocate it to something less powerful.

TBH mate, I've not used it for a while. BUT! Can you still keep the contents available somewhere? There are great resources there, especially for people who have just picked up mfme and FruitBar. I understand if you want to use your server for something else though.

27 minutes ago, appstrader said:

I was going to save a few quid and stop paying for the server.... 

I’m not trying to be condescending but is there any way you can monitor traffic to make a decision? *i know nothing about servers etc so sorry if that was more laughable than logical

living the dream

52 minutes ago, woodsy said:

I’m not trying to be condescending but is there any way you can monitor traffic to make a decision? *i know nothing about servers etc so sorry if that was more laughable than logical

Maybe I should add some adverts on there and see if it pays for its self, either that move it to somewhere else... 

I will be back developing on my PC soon, been tied up with app development and things for a while, so who knows I might release the latest release that has all the bells and whistles in it.

• Like 2

I looked into the volume of visitors to fruitbar, in honesty compared to my other site that gets around 10,000 unique visitors a month with around 850,000 requests a month.

The fruitbar site would not get enough income from clicks to pay for its self as the traffic is quite small in comparison.

I will have to look at the options on this one and see what I do with it.....

• Like 1