Cabinet build

cja272

Hi , after reading about all the people making a cabinets at the moment i thought i would have a go myself , to start with i thought i would get a hopper and coin mech and see if i could get them to work first , ive already have an i pac and pacdrive working from my button box which i made last year.

so could anyone just quickly check these links and tell me if these are ok and would work before i order please??

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/265364438392 coin mech

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/264420861371?hash=item3d90b625bb:g:VWMAAOSwJqlgGCEN hopper on 12v

@No1Stoney😀

Many thanks,

Craig

So coin mech, I have an SR5i.

I brought mine from arcade-clearance on eBay and he set it up for me as per my instructions.

image.thumb.png.98b15a70bb0791e2ed4beb174f7e37a2.png

Looks like he still has some for sale...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/arcade-clearance/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=

...worth reaching out to him - known seller that does what he says and might help if you tell him what your're doing and that he did one special ( that he sold two of two back in September last year for the Token configuration ).

THE HOPPER IS WRONG - YOU NEED A PARALLEL ONE

This looks ok...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/255305399790?hash=item3b71633dee:g:8mgAAOSwKpphzdg3

...this was the one I brought. No idea why they've adjusted the listing to that price but that was the listing below.

image.thumb.png.e47d7d7f70460cc5f5c74a7c81615699.png

...but this is the company as I listed and the same by the looks.

If you coin for the coin mech I showed, this is how it was setup.

• Like 1

Thanks @Reg  and  everybody else, so i have the following 

coin  mech -( ordered from Reg recommendation)

Hopper - (ordered from Reg recommendation)

I pac - Already have one

Pacdrive _ already have one 

Also have working led buttons from the button box i have already.

Now as the hopper is 24v i need some sort of 24v power supply ?? 

Also do i need some connectors to connect the wires to the hopper and coin mech????

As i said already im just going to see if i can get the hopper and coin mech working first before i progress any further.

Is there anything else e need please ???

many thanks

The 24v azkoyen will still work on 12v albeit marginly slower spin speed. Both mine are running 12v and honestly you can't tell at all

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/620pcs-Dupont-Wire-Pin-Header-Connector-Housing-Kit-M-F-Crimp-Pins-/223621932363?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286&mkrid=710-127635-2958-0 the 5x2 connector in this set is perfect for the hopper too. Probably able to find the connector separately though. 

Edited by No1Stoney
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, No1Stoney said:

Hi @cja272, @Reg has already perfectly summed up your questions but just to also confirm, the coin mech you are looking at on ebay is also fine to use. Sr5 are wired up the same way

@woodsy yes it is great to see all these new cabinets coming to life. What else is there to do in January anyway??..

i don't k now if it exists but i for one would certainly like a glossary or similar to know what things are, i pac, azkyonen etc.. i imagine they're all over the site in bits and bobs but could there maybe be a wikipedia type glossary thing set up in resources tabs maybe? it'd certainly help me, then people could add info here and there rather than being down to one person to do the whole thing?

• Like 1

living the dream

13 minutes ago, cja272 said:

Thanks I have a power supply which 12v so that is sorted too now 😀

So what do you use to connect the wires to the coin mech please is there some sort of special connector that will fit ????

Look for dupont kits/wires on ebay. They are quite useful for connecting wires to the pins on the coin mech and the hopper

Edited by No1Stoney
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, No1Stoney said:

The 24v azkoyen will still work on 12v albeit marginly slower spin speed. Both mine are running 12v and honestly you can't tell at all

@cja272 Worth calling out I think that mine did not work correctly with 12v.  You might be unluckly and have to introduce a 24v PSU - but I am probabaly the exception here as more have worked at 12v then have not.

The important thing is - if it's not playing ball as you'd expect - just be aware that mine experience was also the same.  It is documented elsewhere and is an easy fix if you encounter this.

Don't just go thinking something's broken when it's not ! :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, woodsy said:

i don't k now if it exists but i for one would certainly like a glossary or similar to know what things are, i pac, azkyonen etc.. i imagine they're all over the site in bits and bobs but could there maybe be a wikipedia type glossary thing set up in resources tabs maybe? it'd certainly help me, then people could add info here and there rather than being down to one person to do the whole thing?

We are lucky - with the great help from @No1Stoney and @fruitsnappa elsewhere - everything is sort of in this forum area somewhere.

Just shout if stuck ( you or anybody else ) and please - allow a little time for people to reply as answers may not be instant !

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Reg said:

@cja272 Worth calling out I think that mine did not work correctly with 12v.  You might be unluckly and have to introduce a 24v PSU - but I am probabaly the exception here as more have worked at 12v then have not.

The important thing is - if it's not playing ball as you'd expect - just be aware that mine experience was also the same.  It is documented elsewhere and is an easy fix if you encounter this.

Don't just go thinking something's broken when it's not ! :)

Ah yes, I do remember yours not working on 12v. Not sure why exactly. I have 4, all different from one another (one says 12v & 24v the others only say 24v) but they all drive from 12v. So yes, @cja272you MAY need a 24v supply if your 12v fails to drive it.

• Like 1