4 machines with errors please help

Robsonmeg46

The four Reflex that not working for me I download from the legacy collection 

Cash Crusaders. Parts missing 
Club Cash Crusaders parts missing 
Club Treble Top. 16 note acc error
Game Of Gnomes 16 note acc error

No matter what I do I can't get these to work would appreciate any help to get these up and running 

May thanks rob 

• Robsonmeg46 changed the title to 4 machines with errors please help

So i can sort Game of Gnomes and Club Treble Top. 

Assuming you're using MFME 20.1:

Game of Gnomes -Tap on Design and go into Edit Mode, Open Service Door by ticking S Door, go into Configuration options

Make sure Note Acceptor, Hopper 1 and Hopper 2 have DES ticked and that note acceptor has GB2 selected underneath (as I think when you download it, the note acceptor might be set to GB1 which might be causing the error) . Basically you want the values set in the photo below

Then, Tick Trusted underneath Note Acceptor, Hopper 1 and Hopper 2.

Hit Ram Clear, let the game do its thing to boot up. As it's initialising, the 3 ticks underneath DES will disappear as this is the machine pairing the coin mechs and note acceptor... and make a cup of tea whilst it sits through the SND CHK from 1 to 100. If (When) Succesful, the display will say £1, 10p and Note acceptors are trusted.

Untick service door so the machine reboots,  and come out of edit mode then you should be good to go.

Make sure you save the layout too - Design, Layout/Game, Save Layout

Basically do the same for Club Trable top as well.

4f781e141d331874ea5f54c3fb682b9b.thumb.jpg.49533a7b072e8f5d3901567a835c291d.jpg

Edited by WonkySausage
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, WonkySausage said:

So i can sort Game of Gnomes and Club Treble Top. 

Assuming you're using MFME 20.1:

Game of Gnomes -Tap on Design and go into Edit Mode, Open Service Door by ticking S Door, go into Configuration options

Make sure Note Acceptor, Hopper 1 and Hopper 2 have DES ticked and that note acceptor has GB2 selected underneath (as I think when you download it, the note acceptor might be set to GB1 which might be causing the error) . Basically you want the values set in the photo below

Then, Tick Trusted underneath Note Acceptor, Hopper 1 and Hopper 2.

Hit Ram Clear, let the game do its thing to boot up. As it's initialising, the 3 ticks underneath DES will disappear as this is the machine pairing the coin mechs and note acceptor... and make a cup of tea whilst it sits through the SND CHK from 1 to 100. If (When) Succesful, the display will say £1, 10p and Note acceptors are trusted.

Untick service door so the machine reboots,  and come out of edit mode then you should be good to go.

Make sure you save the layout too - Design, Layout/Game, Save Layout

Basically do the same for Club Trable top as well.

4f781e141d331874ea5f54c3fb682b9b.thumb.jpg.49533a7b072e8f5d3901567a835c291d.jpg

@WonkySausagethanks for this i did what u asked and it worked for the Game of Gnomes now to try the other one 

Edited by Robsonmeg46
  • Like 2

As said in another topic don’t ram reset the machines unless you know how to re-pair them also @fruitsnappa has a valid point, these layouts were released recently so they should be accessible within the normal download sections/reflex if so they should load up fine from the various release threads 

I only thought downloads from the legacy section were for older layouts that aren’t a available through the standard download sections these layouts afaik shouldn’t be in there? But obviously they are?

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, vectra666 said:

As said in another topic don’t ram reset the machines unless you know how to re-pair them also @fruitsnappa has a valid point, these layouts were released recently so they should be accessible within the normal download sections/reflex if so they should load up fine from the various release threads 

I only thought downloads from the legacy section were for older layouts that aren’t a available through the standard download sections these layouts afaik shouldn’t be in there? But obviously they are?

i tend to use the legacy section for all my downloads..... new stuff is added there pretty regularly and most (but certainly not all) of the games do have roms and work just fine

• Like 1

Thanks guys for the help I am going through my collection slowly of 1998 machines and making a list of what works and what doesn't or have errors would it be OK to keep posting the errors here when I find them and ask u all again for help. ( it will take a long time as like all of u I have work and a family lol) 

Many thanks again Rob 

6 hours ago, vectra666 said:

:D it's how I'm learning about it in MFME - I like to start a machine from afresh and ran into these problems myself when I ram cleared, spent a while trying to  figure it out and got there in the end :P

Here is the truth on this one because I actually know the answer :)

Originally the legacy section was to hold no roms, it still does not - just layouts.  However Chris updated MFME to 'call home' so to speak to download the roms required from here somewhere in the backend.  This of course required me to send all the new roms to Reg to upload and is something I've not done for over a year.

What makes some layouts work and some not.  Basically the legacy layouts are factory reset and uniformed.  So for example if you have Andy Capp layout 1 running acap1.bin but then Andy Capp layout 4 the designer decided to call the roms andycapp1.bin then I will have changed it back to the original to make the sets more uniform and to cut down on duplicate roms on the backend.

The main culprits in this are the ones in question.  A lot of Reflex roms are renamed to get rid of the silly long not needed names.  So in short MFME is looking for something that is not in the backend so will report an error.  However as folks have said this mainly effects newer games so just get the roms via the normal method.

I've had a hell of a 2021 with illness, losing my main job, starting my own business, moving shops, more health issues etc etc and yesterday just got the legacy section back on track.  My next mission once I speak to @Reg is to sort the Rom backend out.  This will take time and at the moment maybe 10% of stuff does not work but that 10% are newer layouts and cane be obtained fully working via the normal downloads section.

I will get this sorted, it's just going to take a little more time.  Thanks.

• Like 5

Not Retired from FME June 2022