donations

leescoey

hi all new to the site and thanks for letting me join i was just wondering how you make a donation as i do like to download the old classics and its only fair to make a donation for all the hardwork you have done which is unbelievable to be fair as i wouldnt have a clue how to do anything like this and thanks for your time in creating such classic machines

• Like 1
  • Welcome 1

1 minute ago, leescoey said:

Thanks for the info ive just found it and donated £10 which is well worth the work that you guys actually do wish i could help out somehow but i aint got a clue how to do stuff like this it took me long enough to work out how to actually play the emulator lol

Honestly - a donation to support site costs is absolutely great - you say you wish you could do something to help - this is helping.  Thank you.

3 hours ago, leescoey said:

you are welcome ive been playing a good few machines so far reliving the good old days just wish they would bring back the good old machines to arcades

I echo that sentiment entirely. have fun! the legacy section is full of awesome machines!

living the dream

Under downloads you'll see legacy layouts.

https://www.desertislandfruits.com/forum/index.php?/files/category/37-legacy-layouts/

Click on the manufacture of the machine, then if necessary click on the section it will be in, I.E. A-E for layouts titled A-E.

Then click on download this file, it will then take you to the list of machines and just select which one you want.

It will download several version, if several are available.

Then when you load them into the emulator, the emulator, will automatically find the roms needed to run the layout.

The layout gallery, is the place to look, if you can't remember a name of a machine, just sort them by caption, to sort them by alphabetical order.

https://www.desertislandfruits.com/forum/index.php?/gallery/category/5-mfme-layouts/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, leescoey said:

Thanks for the reply and help i have just found them and sussed it out many thanks

Hi 

The games in the legacy section only contain the layouts but there are no ROMs in the games, or at least the last time I downloaded from this section this was the case so you will need to source the ROMS before you can actually play the game

11 hours ago, cliffc said:

Hi 

The games in the legacy section only contain the layouts but there are no ROMs in the games, or at least the last time I downloaded from this section this was the case so you will need to source the ROMS before you can actually play the game

For about a year and a half now, upon loading a legacy layout, the roms are automatically downloaded and added to the layout.

On 08/01/2022 at 09:58, wearecity said:

For about a year and a half now, upon loading a legacy layout, the roms are automatically downloaded and added to the layout.

Hi 

Thanks for letting me know i have never tryed this as i have a collection of roms from an old back up of the repro that i found so i just used them i must download one now and give this a go.