New cabinet build from a beginner

Psycon

I will test the ipac and pacdrive later to check for shared ground. @Regis this diagram correct now? The 24v now shares the same ground as the 12v and as the pc shares this ground the ipac and pacdrive should all share the same ground. I wasn't sure if you could put the 12v and 24v negatives together but it seems you can

Screenshot_20220201-150027_Sketchbook.jpg

Edited by Psycon

2 hours ago, Reg said:

That looks ok for the PSU - sorry been at work.

That also looks like a common ground - I think that looks alright.

Thanks for that. Slowly but surely getting there now!  Ok I have had a break through. With the 24v power connected to common ground the hopper works fine and as it should when you test it. Finally it has life. The only issue I now have is when you click on test it will instantly pay out a coin. If you click on test hoppers there is a delay of about 10 seconds and then it will chuck out a coin. Also when you win in a game it waits for 10 seconds and only pays out 1 coin even if you win a few. 

41 minutes ago, cja272 said:

@Psycon @Reg @No1Stoney and anyone else , It was the common ground which was the problem  , connected hopper to my pc cable which is 20v and now the hopper works perfect!!!!

Thanks everyone😀

Have you got yours working @Psycon?

Yes mine is now working! Phew!! Doesn't want to pay out on a game yet but it is working when you test it in config. Is there a 20v output on the pc psu @cja272?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, cja272 said:

@Psycon Yes ive cut the cable before it goes into the laptop and its giving out 20v so its powering the hopper fine , not sure if 20v is ok for coin mech if it is i will use it for that and not bother with the other power supply 

Ahh ok cool. Have you had it pay out properly when you win on the machine yet?

Got there in the end. Well done to everyone involved and shows what can be achieved by sharing knowledge and putting heads together. 

If the hopper stops after 1 coin maybe the coin sensor is dirty ? If the hopper detects a coin for too long across the sensor it stops the hopper as it thinks there is a fault. Am stumped on the 10 second delay though. Has that been resolved now? 

7 hours ago, No1Stoney said:

Got there in the end. Well done to everyone involved and shows what can be achieved by sharing knowledge and putting heads together. 

If the hopper stops after 1 coin maybe the coin sensor is dirty ? If the hopper detects a coin for too long across the sensor it stops the hopper as it thinks there is a fault. Am stumped on the 10 second delay though. Has that been resolved now? 

Yes a massive thank you to everyone who helped with this! We couldn't have fixed it without your guys help!

I will try and test this later. It could have been due to it not being on a proper power supply. I have ordered one now so if it comes today I will wire it up and test it again. If that doesn't work I will clean the coin sensor @No1Stoneyand try again

Edited by Psycon

5 hours ago, Psycon said:

Someone find me a wall to hit my head on! So thought I was nearly there but now my pac drive is playing up now! Its glitching so it keeps doing a keyboard press as if your holding the button down. I can't log into it as it starts to lock the pc up! 😪

Are you unplugging it (Pacdrive) and rebooting MFME after each time it plays up? If not then it will just keep playing up.

Treat every day like your last, because one day it will be!

Fruit Machine <<<My new project!