Real Fruit Machines.

Jono777

Hey All

Hope we're all well ....

Still new here so hoping there is no problem where I have posted this topic.

Just after Christmas I may be looking to get a 'real life' AWP machine.

Not sure which one yet but it will be a choice based on nostalgia as well as cost and condition etc

Politely wondering whether anyone could guide me in the right directions to start looking, somewhere ideally other than E-Bay as they don't seem to have even close to machines I would have considered.

Starting ideas would be Barcrest Up N Over (original ROMs of course :p) or maybe even older like a Viva Las Vegas £6 token machine or another fave was Sunset Boulevard on £4.80.

Big thank you to anyone who posts in this topic in advance!

11 minutes ago, Jono777 said:

Hey All

Hope we're all well ....

Still new here so hoping there is no problem where I have posted this topic.

Just after Christmas I may be looking to get a 'real life' AWP machine.

Not sure which one yet but it will be a choice based on nostalgia as well as cost and condition etc

Politely wondering whether anyone could guide me in the right directions to start looking, somewhere ideally other than E-Bay as they don't seem to have even close to machines I would have considered.

Starting ideas would be Barcrest Up N Over (original ROMs of course :p) or maybe even older like a Viva Las Vegas £6 token machine or another fave was Sunset Boulevard on £4.80.

Big thank you to anyone who posts in this topic in advance!

i fully understand that its my opinion not yours but i think it far better to donate here and enjoy the huge variety available over a unique machine indoors.. when i had mine i found they got boring fast... again just my opinion... another great option i suggest and is my ambition too is a home cabinet build for mfme etc... if you check the forum area about home builds etc you'll see the type of thing i mean... some of them are just fabulous, they will be able to play hundreds of games and the space will not be as wasted.. (my opinion).

other than that there is a for sale section at the bottom of the site where you might find a few good contacts

best wishes. i mean only to share a point of view not offend or patronize in anyway etc..

• Like 1

living the dream

No problem here at all, I fully appreciate your response and view point.

I get the boring thing and agree, I have owned over years gone by 4-5 different machines which were a novelty at first but as you suggest got boring after a while.

Saving in the cash box is part of the reason I am considering a real machine, Ideally (even though I mention Up n Over) with no "empty" that I have knowledge of, otherwise said cash box would always be empty and I'd spend more time with the refill key than playing 😛

Thinking about it more, I may have to wait to move house also as I Struggled to find somewhere to put our Xmas tree this year :o 

Hello and welcome to the site :)

The problem with buying any of those would be that they just don't turn up on eBay any more as they're all in the hands of collectors, and you'd be looking at well over a grand for a Las Vegas.  Sunset Boulevard you might be able to pick up for a few hundred - there was one in my local 'Classic' arcade a couple of years back for a few months.  Up n Over - there's not many about but at least it's MPU5 so you'd be able to get hold of spares a lot easier than the other two.  Keeping them going is not easy, especially with the MPU4 stuff.  Ten years back this sort of stuff was ubiquitous on the auction sites.  Today it's very slim pickings.

There aren't many games I'd actually want to own these days - I usually find a quick session on it using MFME quenches the thirst just as well.  A lot of the nostagia for me comes from the sounds.  But you cannot beat the physical interaction of putting coins in and pressing real buttons sometimes...

Edited by stevedude2
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Jono777 said:

No problem here at all, I fully appreciate your response and view point.

I get the boring thing and agree, I have owned over years gone by 4-5 different machines which were a novelty at first but as you suggest got boring after a while.

Saving in the cash box is part of the reason I am considering a real machine, Ideally (even though I mention Up n Over) with no "empty" that I have knowledge of, otherwise said cash box would always be empty and I'd spend more time with the refill key than playing 😛

Thinking about it more, I may have to wait to move house also as I Struggled to find somewhere to put our Xmas tree this year :o 

i  really don't want to put you off oding anything of course but the home builds im talking about all have cash mech set up etc.. just seems far more sensible 

• Like 2

living the dream

1 hour ago, woodsy said:

i  really don't want to put you off oding anything of course but the home builds im talking about all have cash mech set up etc.. just seems far more sensible 

Would you mind linking me to the home builds page please?

Had quick look but really over tired, was a long one at work today lol :o

3 minutes ago, Jono777 said:

Would you mind linking me to the home builds page please?

Had quick look but really over tired, was a long one at work today lol :o

i've linked you to a thread by @GREDDIE who recently advertised one for sale, have a word with him as he's very much more educated and competent in the area.. nice guy too.. it may still be looking for a new home too

• Like 1

living the dream