Clever Cogs PDX

Multi Retro Man

At very early stage, I'm thinking clever cogs being cogs in a machine, so I'm trying to look and work out the best place for somethings. I like the cogs where they are but maybe I could make them a little bit smaller.

The bottom section looks a bit empty to me so I thought about using some of the values perhaps the Cherry, to the Melons but I'm confident I'll be able to make it look good when it's finished :)

Anyone have any suggestions on how it may look?

image.thumb.png.56bcfd13b57ca8cff2ae6ab5602701e4.png

11 minutes ago, Multi Retro Man said:

At very early stage, I'm thinking clever cogs being cogs in a machine, so I'm trying to look and work out the best place for somethings. I like the cogs where they are but maybe I could make them a little bit smaller.

The bottom section looks a bit empty to me so I thought about using some of the values perhaps the Cherry, to the Melons but I'm confident I'll be able to make it look good when it's finished :)

Anyone have any suggestions on how it may look?

i'd suggest as a vague idea looking at maximum overdrive by jpm? that would have a similar theme with all thats in mind.. you can butcher the maximum theme to suits your needs and replace them in different areas and styles.. 

image.thumb.png.d51c9155e421a9c4fbf15b924773e588.png

https://gofund.me/e235adbe

please share my fundraising page on any platform you feel appropriate, no catches, not asking for donations, just shares.

THANKS SO MUCH EVERYBODY

14 minutes ago, woodsy said:

i'd suggest as a vague idea looking at maximum overdrive by jpm? that would have a similar theme with all thats in mind.. you can butcher the maximum theme to suits your needs and replace them in different areas and styles.. 

image.thumb.png.d51c9155e421a9c4fbf15b924773e588.png

Thank you. Below was my WIP part 2. I was going to do something like that but realised there is the game part that needed putting in as well. I'll have a look and have another think about it! :D

image.thumb.png.949098e8a2a003c30fe8aac686e0cc7d.png

15 hours ago, Multi Retro Man said:

Thank you. Below was my WIP part 2. I was going to do something like that but realised there is the game part that needed putting in as well. I'll have a look and have another think about it! :D

image.thumb.png.949098e8a2a003c30fe8aac686e0cc7d.png

Just looking at this firstly I’d shove it in a qps cab same style as bellfruit or Mazooma ones 

next the cash ladder put right at bottom under the feature trail this would look like others of this style iE Lotr two towers, and the like 

alpah above the reels

nudges up the left side of bottom glass, cashpot on top of extra life on feature trail

top glass

notey put in standard place feature trail square to the right of it 

the three cogs interlock them side by side above feature trail with the three trails 1-8-jackpot to the right of that 

the BIG MONEY put above the cogs to the left side then the machine title to the right of it 

coin slot in normal place

upto you where you shove stuff just giving a design idea

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, vectra666 said:

Just looking at this firstly I’d shove it in a qps cab same style as bellfruit or Mazooma ones 

next the cash ladder put right at bottom under the feature trail this would look like others of this style iE Lotr two towers, and the like 

alpah above the reels

nudges up the left side of bottom glass, cashpot on top of extra life on feature trail

top glass

notey put in standard place feature trail square to the right of it 

the three cogs interlock them side by side above feature trail with the three trails 1-8-jackpot to the right of that 

the BIG MONEY put above the cogs to the left side then the machine title to the right of it 

coin slot in normal place

upto you where you shove stuff just giving a design idea

Thanks, I appreciate your feedback :D

I was wondering whether the cogs would look okay like they are but they are a bit restrictive aren't they? I'll bear in mind what you've said and it's going to be easy for me to change things round :)

Hope you're doing okay mate!

After much deliberating and moving things around, I like this layout and think it works quite well.

I tried moving the cash amounts further up but they interfered with the cogs so thought I'd put the extra life etc. next to it like it is here.

I moved the Cash Pot Amount to the top of the top section and will edit the buttons and use ones I've already got.

image.thumb.png.329381154bf94d980f8f27f13e8b15b4.png

4 minutes ago, serene02 said:

Whatever you are happy with, it looks just fine what you have done.  Don’t worry too much about what other people think, this is your design, just try to make sure everything works as intended and you don’t release a broken layout or a layout with too many issues. ;) 

J

Thanks. The way I originally intended wouldn't work properly because everything didn't look right, there were things on an angle and wouldn't work right, so I made the cogs smaller, but they were too small and made them a bit bigger so they look right. It's the other bits that go with it that I need to try and sort out.

• Like 1