HELP PLEASE!!!!! really need a information boost. mpu5 layout error, 90-4d unused input.. and test mode help please

woodsy

i'm trying to get the game to the stage its running in mfme before completing the art etc..

having never tried this tech yet i'm using other games for assistance to the boundaries of my knowledge and i've got so far already but no further.. 

i have found the correct numbers for the buttons, so all them are working for inputs, i've used a different game for the config settings, the game will allow me to enter a tet mode with the door open which is not the same as the test mode i would like to use the bacta 1.0.1 test thing, this one lets me check the reeels,lamps datapak etc but only so far, i can't get the reel symbols info, lamp names etc as normal.. is there a secondary test mode? how do i get that to work? i was under the impression its mpu4 game but it only ever starts in mpu5 rom loaded, however it has 6.bin files in the rom folder so why do i only need one? why does it load with the doors open to the stage of entering test mode when it won't go into free play doors open or allow door closed functionality either? that all makes me think i'm nearly on the button (pun) and it's driving me mad.. can someone please tell me how to enter the bacta test please, and how to get the config correct so it loads properly??? attached is the layout and gam file so you can work from my last point.

shortcuts `,1,2,3,t,a,e,v,b,n,m and ,

thanks all

.fml .gam and the roms zip folder included.. thanks in advance for helping!!!

image.thumb.png.d76dd6ef8f00cc622a5e70c970bf75e8.png

jekwip.fml jekwip.gam JEK12.zip

living the dream

11 minutes ago, Clo06 said:

Here you go @woodsy all sorted. To get into test mode, tick S DOOR then when game has loaded press button AUX 1,7 then keep TEST 1 pressed using mouse and PRESS T on keyboard.

Clo.

JEK FIX.zip 12.79 MB · 0 downloads

oh its that easy eh, i should of been able to guess that!!! 

seriously though, thanks ever so much for your help once again!! i  would never have worked it out without help so thanks to you and the community!!

i'm absolutely dumbfounded by the complicated inner workings and the amount of work that has been done to get this far!

sorry to all that are fed up of repeating answers year on year but i'm still learning from the ground up and really appreciate the help..

• Like 1

living the dream

25 minutes ago, Clo06 said:

Here you go @woodsy all sorted. To get into test mode, tick S DOOR then when game has loaded press button AUX 1,7 then keep TEST 1 pressed using mouse and PRESS T on keyboard.

Clo.

JEK FIX.zip 12.79 MB · 0 downloads

is there a second test mode as this one is the one that doesn't help me with identifying the reels and lamps? is there a test mode like the bacta 1.0 on s4 machines? please

living the dream

Can't win them all, this doesn't take coins in... also has been tried ad failed before now, there's a thread on fe that as this does, ends in failure, i am not able to go any further but i'm happy to do the art for anyone who can configure it to a working state that. if anyone else wishes to make this a classic or dx please go ahead.

living the dream

33 minutes ago, woodsy said:

Can't win them all, this doesn't take coins in... also has been tried ad failed before now, there's a thread on fe that as this does, ends in failure, i am not able to go any further but i'm happy to do the art for anyone who can configure it to a working state that. if anyone else wishes to make this a classic or dx please go ahead.

Change your coin to CCtalk coin 1

1 minute ago, fruitsnappa said:

Change your coin to CCtalk coin 1

Ok I’ll try that, tbh it’s about the only one or two that I didn’t try. Thanks for your help. Really highlights the work that has been done before I tried to get my head around it!!

living the dream

57 minutes ago, woodsy said:

thanks that worked... is there another type of test menu? please? can only get the basic one and it doesn't help much with association of lamps and reel symbol ident

You'll just have to play play and play to try and work out the lamp positions. I'd take a look at another Vivid machine, chances are the same reel order may be used on one of them.

• Like 1