FruitBAR (Beta) - New Marquee Display

appstrader

Here we go, now added the ability to independently turn on or off the marquee images and videos per cabinet view.

I have added the additional settings within the set stake key the letter 'N' if you are wondering which key is that !!

@davep180 this is the update you needed, any problems drop me a message. 

https://apps-trader.com/fruitbar/fruitbar_m1.zip

Almost forgot this release also includes various updates and fixes....

This version will soon be coming to the upgrade feature within fruitbar so this will become the main stream upgrade, then I will work on another big release.

I might even finish the new section appearing in the settings where you can add any system you wish into fruitbar so any emulation can be used just like I do with mame on my screen shots...

Enjoy !!

Edited by appstrader
  • Awesome 1

1302030681_fruitbarnewlogo.png.b4072d66bdb5dfc556f436340bf9fce5.png 

MFME & MAME Frontend software https://fruitcade.co.uk

Took a while to track down in issue in this release, but the new update should resolve this just redownload the m1.zip release as shown above as its just been updated.  Once I know everyone is happy with this build it will become the mainstream release.

Also added the ability to turn on or off the ability to have the mp3 sounds when moving from rom to rom, I dont think a lot of people knew I added this some months ago but yes the system can play an mp3 as you navigate through your cabinets.

Personally I used some of the rom sounds for each cabinet as I navigate through...

The marquee version is now the mainstream release so it's time to start on something else and that just happened to be something that was always in the background of the program I just never really enabled it for people to play around with, 

The feature would be the ability to add MAME into FruitBar so I have quickly enabled it and updated the development so it's ready for some testing,

There is a setup to using mame which slightly different to normal but nothing too complicated and you just setup the images, marquee images, videos, sounds, etc as normal in the theme folder.

If you would like to try out this release give me a shout otherwise I can just disable it.

mame_fruitbar.thumb.png.c20177c2c274d3afe7799c4f3a63f803.png

What can I say I think you have a good looking machine and I think FruitBar makes it look even better.

It's actually amazing to see it all put together in a cabinet, the marquee video's should be sorted now if you want to give them a try.

I am looking at installing some software on my site to allow easy uploading of media files as now FruitBar does so many different things it needs more files, mp3's, video's marquee images, cabinet images etc....

I never removed the ability to add mp3's which in a cabinet just adds to the game play.

Amazing work and well worth the time you put into this.

Congratulations

I have to ask can I borrow your video ?

One last thing there is a delay in starting MFME, maybe need a mp3 when you start the game so you know the key press has been accepted I believe the code is there you just need to add the mp3

3 hours ago, davep180 said:

Hi Andrew @appstrader. Here are some videos of where I am at with your FruitBar program.......

Edited by appstrader

14 minutes ago, woodsy said:

how do i initialise a machine and play it please mate.. good old davep has got me to this point, but me being daft as a broken spanner needs babying to get it running it seemsimage.thumb.png.c661349fe6ba9127a7a66de4d60de65c.png

I'm still quite impressed with what Dave has done,

I have just updated fruitbar.uk so the images on how to set things up are back online as are the updated theme images.

The images do show how to do it, but I will record a video to make it even easier, 

What part are you struggling with ? provided you have set the path to your mfme.exe and imported the files it will populate and it should execute the roms when you click on the middle cabinet view, it will always open mfme by clicking the middle image or pressing enter clicking on any others will not start the game

Edited by appstrader

7 minutes ago, appstrader said:

I'm still quite impressed with what Dave has done,

I have just updated fruitbar.uk so the images on how to set things up are back online as are the updated theme images.

The images do show how to do it, but I will record a video to make it even easier, 

What part are you struggling with ? provided you have set the path to your mfme.exe and imported the files it will populate and it should execute the roms when you click on the middle cabinet view, it will always open mfme by clicking the middle image or pressing enter clicking on any others will not start the game

Yeah thanks, the video will help me, I learn visually and I will eventually get my head around it! I tried that, few things happened, first time it stopped responding, second time I got an exception mfme error access violation or similar words, third time I pressed qwe and my pc shut down windows! Thanks for your reply and I hope your video will be enough for me to stop bugging you for help!!

living the dream

11 hours ago, woodsy said:

Yeah thanks, the video will help me, I learn visually and I will eventually get my head around it! I tried that, few things happened, first time it stopped responding, second time I got an exception mfme error access violation or similar words, third time I pressed qwe and my pc shut down windows! Thanks for your reply and I hope your video will be enough for me to stop bugging you for help!!

No time for a video but hopefully this PDF will fully explain how to set things up, if it doesn't let me know and I will add to the document so others can see how to configure FruitBar, setup themes, copy and paste paths, etc...

Hopefully I covered all the bases......

FruitBar Configuration.pdf

• Like 2

3 hours ago, davep180 said:

No problem Andrew. I just wanted to show you that you haven't been wasting your time on this.

It's always good to see your hard work being used specially in your video it looks amazing I really have to get around to finishing mine but I have to custom develop a board for my hopper which will take me a little while to do.

Hopefully @Woodsy will make use of my document I posted to get his setup sorted, you know what its like once you know you know and it becomes easy, setting up mame is slightly different but only because one aspect of the configuration is different.

• Like 1

@appstrader hey mate merry xmas!!!

with the help of you and @davep180 i've finally got it up and running and understood..

for future reference in case it helps anyone else as daft as me, i had been correctly pasting the .exe folder path, but neglected to include the actual .exe...

once i realised that was wrong i included the .exe and closed the options box.. then the games still didn;t work which left me going crazy, over and over i re entered the correct path including the .exe.... WHAT I HADN'T DONE WAS PRESS THE IMPORT ROMS BUTTON AGAIN THROUGHOUT AS THAT PART WAS CORRECT ALREADY.. upon doing so that saved the rewritten exe path instructions which simply closing the box doesn't do.. SIMPLE MAN MAKES SIMPLE MISTAKES...

thanks to both you guys for your extraordinary patience with my ineptitude 

i love it at last

• Awesome 2

living the dream

1 hour ago, woodsy said:

@appstrader hey mate merry xmas!!!

with the help of you and @davep180 i've finally got it up and running and understood..

for future reference in case it helps anyone else as daft as me, i had been correctly pasting the .exe folder path, but neglected to include the actual .exe...

once i realised that was wrong i included the .exe and closed the options box.. then the games still didn;t work which left me going crazy, over and over i re entered the correct path including the .exe.... WHAT I HADN'T DONE WAS PRESS THE IMPORT ROMS BUTTON AGAIN THROUGHOUT AS THAT PART WAS CORRECT ALREADY.. upon doing so that saved the rewritten exe path instructions which simply closing the box doesn't do.. SIMPLE MAN MAKES SIMPLE MISTAKES...

thanks to both you guys for your extraordinary patience with my ineptitude 

i love it at last

Your very welcome @woodsy you are correct any changes you need to use the import button, there is another release I have ready but not released it just yet....

Once you know, you know its simple !!

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, appstrader said:

Your very welcome @woodsy you are correct any changes you need to use the import button, there is another release I have ready but not released it just yet....

Once you know, you know its simple !!

yeah i'm just one of those who needs to get it visually to learn, then once i've learnt it i'll never forget it

sorry for the long windedness.. i appreciate your patience

Edited by woodsy

living the dream

1 minute ago, Ginge said:

Hi Andrew @appstrader

Have noticed you have changed the fruitbar site again how do I upload images like I used to do on the old site ? Can`t seem to find an upload section.

cor blimey, teachers pet or what!! i've just been hanging around the back of the class and finally learnt how to use the thing hahahaha. upload images blimey

• Haha 2

living the dream

14 minutes ago, Ginge said:

Hi Andrew @appstrader

Have noticed you have changed the fruitbar site again how do I upload images like I used to do on the old site ? Can`t seem to find an upload section.

Sorry Mate, 

I have updated the original site with a new theme and things, not sure if it allows uploads currently as I was rebuilding the site earlier as parts did not upgrade correctly, Im still working on sections of it.

I will look at the uploads now.

13 minutes ago, woodsy said:

cor blimey, teachers pet or what!! i've just been hanging around the back of the class and finally learnt how to use the thing hahahaha. upload images blimey

I was just doing a theme for your hide rom now jumping back to the site, not finished cabinet view just  yet.

982204616_JEKYLLNHYDE.png.7ca80db265c24d6279b5290409372c7d.png

• Like 1

1 minute ago, appstrader said:

I was just doing a theme for your hide rom now jumping back to the site, not finished cabinet view just  yet.

982204616_JEKYLLNHYDE.png.7ca80db265c24d6279b5290409372c7d.png

oh @Ginge you've inspired me... i take it all back hahaha,, @appstrader themes look right up my street!!! if you want i'll be happy to design a bucketload of needed ones!!! just send me a list of names needed and ill get on it... i'm addicted to photoshop fme wise you see

• Like 1

living the dream

17 minutes ago, woodsy said:

Lol I have been creating cabinet images and top logos for my cabinet and then uploading them to fruitbar so everyone else can use.

4 minutes ago, woodsy said:

oh @Ginge you've inspired me... i take it all back hahaha,, @appstrader themes look right up my street!!! if you want i'll be happy to design a bucketload of needed ones!!! just send me a list of names needed and ill get on it... i'm addicted to photoshop fme wise you see

I dont have a list as such, I created the site so users can share their own or use mine and build a community.

I do need to add the ability to add audio files, video, etc as fruitBar does more than just display the normal cabinet images.