Go Bananas / Monkey Business ? £8 or £10 machine circa 1997

Ribbo

This was a really rare machine I don't see get talked about much because it was low tech. Obviously had a monkey / jungle theme.

It had a main roll feature like Red Hot Roll but also had a secret big streak feature where it would growl, the machine would flash and then offer a hold. If you held all 3 reels and pressed start this would trigger the big streak.

Never managed to find photos of it online, think the jackpot was either £8 or £10 at the time.

Memory could be playing tricks on me but it sounds like the lo-tech that started the feature with 3 monkeys in circles, anywhere in view?

Pretty sure it was called Monkey Business, had them many moons ago in the Gala where i used to work.

Edited by Jamessco
typo

It was a 1 player unit and was definitely during the £8 or £10 era, maybe £15 at a push, but I don't remember it being a £25 machine originally.

The sound when you got the feature was a voice singing "Go ba, Go bananas!" 

Did either of those machines have the hidden feature i was talking about involving holding all 3 reels? Pretty sure the machine I am thinking of was a lot less colourful. It had a strong jungle dark green theme to it and was quite plain.

On 05/11/2021 at 02:27, serene02 said:

The Project Coin one I’m remembering you entered the feature via the banana reel symbols I’m fairly certain.

J

The one I am remembering definitely 100% had a hidden feature where you hold all the reels after the machines flashes and makes a noise. So if the one you played didn't, then it's definitely a different game I am thinking about.

I am not 100% over the name of the game but I am fairly, but not absolutely certain it was originally £8 or £10 jackpot and the jungle theme was absolutely a thing

I remember Go Bananas 🙂

Project Coin.  There was one in my local arcade on £8 tokens, 20p play.  Similar cabinet to The Roll and Firecracker, but with a green trim.  'Go-Go-Go Bananas!' could be heard when you got the streak feature.  Can't remember if they were monkey or banana symbols you needed for the feature but I think you needed them on the line to trigger the Mega streak which I had go for £32 a couple of times.  There might have been some sort of wild banana symbol on the middle reel.  Pretty standard lo-tech fare in all honesty.

Around the same time there was also a game called Jungle Jackpots (or something like that) that was basically the same as Crazy Pays and was available on 20p/£10 cash or 20p/£8 tokens.  I think I have a small pic somewhere but I've got nothing for Go Bananas I'm afraid.

Edited by stevedude2
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, stevedude2 said:

I remember Go Bananas 🙂

Project Coin.  There was one in my local arcade on £8 tokens, 20p play.  Similar cabinet to The Roll and Firecracker, but with a green trim.  'Go-Go-Go Bananas!' could be heard when you got the streak feature.  Can't remember if they were monkey or banana symbols you needed for the feature but I think you needed them on the line to trigger the Mega streak which I had go for £32 a couple of times.  There might have been some sort of wild banana symbol on the middle reel.  Pretty standard lo-tech fare in all honesty.

Around the same time there was also a game called Jungle Jackpots (or something like that) that was basically the same as Crazy Pays and was available on 20p/£10 cash or 20p/£8 tokens.  I think I have a small pic somewhere but I've got nothing for Go Bananas I'm afraid.

Yeah this definitely sounds more like it. I have only seen the one which was at Warrington Quiksilver so interested to know if it was around elsewhere.

On 04/11/2021 at 03:24, Ribbo said:

It was a 1 player unit and was definitely during the £8 or £10 era, maybe £15 at a push, but I don't remember it being a £25 machine originally.

The sound when you got the feature was a voice singing "Go ba, Go bananas!" 

Did either of those machines have the hidden feature i was talking about involving holding all 3 reels? Pretty sure the machine I am thinking of was a lot less colourful. It had a strong jungle dark green theme to it and was quite plain.

I don't recall ever seeing that in the wild, we "may"  have the roms , as i have the sounds for it,

so fingers crossed the game roms turn up.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
On 07/11/2021 at 12:56, hitthesix said:

I don't recall ever seeing that in the wild, we "may"  have the roms , as i have the sounds for it,

so fingers crossed the game roms turn up.

soundies 

On 27/11/2022 at 14:04, serene02 said:

Not too sure, I can't imagine we have the sound roms sadly.

J

project coin go bananas sound rom.rar

• Like 3