Just got a lump in my throat.

niallquinn

Brought a spare laptop through to mam and dads, installed win 10, then signed in here, and installed MFME v20.

....and updated it to v20.1, and it did.  It crossed my mind, that, it updated because it I imagined his machine being still switched on, with him beavering away, maybe he glanced at ftpzilla or however it's done,and went "heh, someones just updated v20."

Of course, it updates I guess from here, or a setup storage area somewhere, but for a second, it still gave me a lump in my throat.

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, niallquinn said:

Brought a spare laptop through to mam and dads, installed win 10, then signed in here, and installed MFME v20.

....and updated it to v20.1, and it did.  It crossed my mind, that, it updated because it I imagined his machine being still switched on, with him beavering away, maybe he glanced at ftpzilla or however it's done,and went "heh, someones just updated v20."

Of course, it updates I guess from here, or a setup storage area somewhere, but for a second, it still gave me a lump in my throat.

Your close on what Chris used to watch.

He liked to do the release threads and would often comment to me on Skype that somebodies just said X, Y or Z.  He loved that kind of thing.

Technically it was the same with the udpates - he was always on the MFME Development area looking to see new comments about his latest creation.

His machine was switched on - but it was the refresh of the release theads at that time.

I used to laugh to myself - I could see the comments the same time he was talking to me about them.  He would also look at the downloads on a new release as he could see the value and compare how many people said something to the downloads.

Every comment on new releases he loved getting.

Keep that lump - you really didn't know how close to the mark you were on this.

• Like 7