Caesars Palace First Program Massive Glitch

logopolis

The original Caesars Palace program had a strange glitch in the program where it would give a bank of something like £42,000. Many people know that Super Golden Hold boxes is jackpot but if the boxes were already on the line from a mystery win then it made the program go bonkers! Hold the reels quickly before they start to move and the video shows what happens.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Jamessco said:

Did you wait hours till it finished counting to see if it tried to pay it? :D

It looks like it’s a nice dream only as if you plug it quickly I think it would ignore the win as it’s not been credited to the bank so will be a reset with 0 bank but if you could plug it at 150 and it credited that would be insane haha!! Reminds me of spotted dick dumping all its coins and clicking until plugged haha

Mind you can you imagine what the staff would say for the excuses when you get “all wins over £3 must be witnessed by a member of staff “ you witness you pay haha just like building the bank up with a lighter wedged in the door below putting it in test mode and getting a foreign staff member to witness the bank pay nothing and take the lighter out when they get the manager haha properly snide behaviour!!! 

used to have some mechanics that would do anything to deny a unpaid win etc but it was a part of life for us to have him over if you could, the first time that multi stake games came in I had jackpot on a diagonal line 10p stake on rolling thunder with my last credit obviously not a paying line so I put in a quid and called over to say it wasn’t registering the reels correctly as now it was on 30p 5 lines but after he spent a good amount of time checking the machine he eventually had enough and paid me £15! I think he twigged soon after as he made it very clear he is watching me on the machines waiting for me to get myself barred haha! He saw the pot of gold go empty but had no idea why it did it especially as it is not our fault it dumps etc.. finally got me dumping a championship soccer they’d left open on refill day!! Memories 

Edited by woodsy
  • Like 1

living the dream

Cheers for posting a video of this @logopolis, I remember it from back in the day and I've always hoped some early ROMs turned up for this game as it was real treat to play on original software.  This bug reminds me of something similar on the green QPS Crazy Fruits rebuild when they first came out - one of the banana features used to mess up and the bank would count up to the moon. 

There was another bug on Caesar's Palace early ROMs where you could lock the game up on the Lucky Legions feature, and when it was power-cycled it would come back on RAM cleared.

God knows where it gets the 42,000 number from - must spill over into some code for something else.

One day maybe people will post videos dissecting these bugs step-by-step with a full explanation, a bit like the split-screen bug on PacMan, or the impossible level on Donkey Kong!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, stevedude2 said:

Cheers for posting a video of this @logopolis, I remember it from back in the day and I've always hoped some early ROMs turned up for this game as it was real treat to play on original software.  This bug reminds me of something similar on the green QPS Crazy Fruits rebuild when they first came out - one of the banana features used to mess up and the bank would count up to the moon. 

There was another bug on Caesar's Palace early ROMs where you could lock the game up on the Lucky Legions feature, and when it was power-cycled it would come back on RAM cleared.

God knows where it gets the 42,000 number from - must spill over into some code for something else.

One day maybe people will post videos dissecting these bugs step-by-step with a full explanation, a bit like the split-screen bug on PacMan, or the impossible level on Donkey Kong!

I didn't know about the Lucky Legions bug. The Crazy Fruits one does ring a bell.

6 minutes ago, serene02 said:

Ace’s Pot of Gold exhibits a very similar malfunction, I don’t think any of these glitches result in the machine emptying its hoppers.   I’ve checked on Pot of Gold and the out meter is never pulsed.  I don’t thing a reset cures Pot of Gold either.

J

Pot of gold empties rather spectacularly in the wild I can assure you! Bloody hilarious trying to fill your pockets quicker than it counts down haha!!

• Like 1

living the dream

Yes Wild West was one of them, it was on the £10 to £15 upgrade they screwed up and you could get two lots of £7.60 on one of the features, which of course adds up to £15.20, the machine rounded it up to £16, added it to the bank, then realised £16 was an impossible win at which point the win became free.

I can't even remember which feature it was now, but it was one of the barcode features and you had to get it super - which wasn't the easiest thing in the world to do.

Actually had one in a pub here and made some decent money on it, alas one day I went to play it whilst still a bit mashed from the previous night's 'entertainments' and was drinking to try and get my head back together a bit, lost count of where I was up to and IOU-ed it by accident, only by about £7 IIRC. They paid me the short from behind the bar but the next time I visited it had gone.

Was it Sharp Shooter or Rich Pickings? Think it was one of those two.

image.png.73d7685230bbe0c65bbf771d0e6a338d.png

Edited by Chopaholic
  • Like 2

Fruit machine emulation content from the artist previously known as Degsy Degworth and the odd new thing here and there too - https://www.youtube.com/c/DegsyDegworth

Wasn’t it Mega Cash on Force 10.  It had the same issue though, it was housed in the Impact cab.

I never understood the little intricacies in the wild but when you can use the emulator you find better ways to get that certain feature, like what number to go for a let em spin on barcode so you can get the super feature, also the jackpot roll doesn’t really affect the machine too much as it will still be jackpot ready.

J

• Like 1