Converting Layouts for MFME

Reg

Good Afternoon All !

So in my quest to put layouts into this cabinet - I've kicked off the process big time now...

IMG_1052.thumb.jpg.86dea987c7850299e0af8dc28d619e8c.jpg

..I've attached some resourses that I use in Resourses.rar  here.

Resourses.rar

I have three steps on converting a layout ( outside of any background adjustments to try to remove side art that is viewable ).

These are...

1. Add coin inputs for coin mech.
  2. Play the game using the keys shown on the input to verify that coins are accepted.
  3. Win over £1 and check diags for iPac configuration.
  4. Add iPac configuration.
  5. Add autoplay.

Step 1.
The first file here is the coin inputs, load in All Coins.grp to the layout and you will have a screen like this.

Demo.thumb.png.9977f57ed8cabb7000413861e8e904c0.png

This loads in all the coins that you see in the grid here.  I have detailed on each button what I use for inputs.  Generally this will mean on modern layouts I also delete any coin inputs that have been used for note acceptors.  Hitting CTRL+Y in MFME quickly shows me all the visable shortcuts, so unless there are any off screen I have to make sure we are not using Z, 5, 6, 7 or 8.

In some cases on the buttons shows the 5p is not configured as I could not see a button for it.

The picture above shows all coins as I said above once loaded in, in the case of this layout I will simply delete all but the ones marked in red.

The key here to avoid double input of credits or anything else odd, make sure that the coin inputs you have setup do not clash with any the original designer has done.  For example they are using 0 for a £1 and I use 8 for £1.  If my coin was setup to 0 there is likely of a double input.  This whole process is designed to minimize work to put them into a cabinet.

Step 2.
I then play the game and check coins are entered ok from the buttons I have chosen - if they don't work, I have to find the problem and fix.  I then updated the All Coins.grp file.

image.png.0e89542ec2c40cc0fd52e11b225e65c7.png

Step 3.
Once I have won over £1, I collect - but before collecting make sure you have diags open with Misc ticked.

image.png.786448874220bc3d8c950c887de9cc2d.png

Once I collect, I see teh below screen in diags, not the part I mark in green.

image.png.1a7cca20cf47da1aaa83b543cc1ea8ad.png

This shows Triac 3 turning on and off once.  This tells me that was the £1 paying out.  If there was £5 in the machine, I would see that five times.

If the case of a machine that only has hoppers, this is what you see.

image.png.b53f428586c54567235c9980be1df6a5.png

image.png.fe5037d0bd6f1bcd06a910135970197e.png

Absolutely nothing - so regardless of what I see in the config - this confirms that this is the Hopper entry only in the iPac configuration.

Step 4.

I load in the PacSetup.pac into the Game Configuration panel where it says Pac Drive.

Demo2.png.9d966dd0d8e0b38303fdc9b8a865b568.png

This is my default configuration.

For the game that uses Triac 3, I adjust to this...

image.png.41ebcd4499ac4d330fbd29757b23bb55.png

This is editing the first line and clicking on replace.

For the game that uses the hopper, I simply delete the first line and am left with this.

image.png.9068172b5246ea15739e9a0e53c75acb.png

If you have a second Hopper you will need to use more outputs for it.  Note that output 1-1 corosponds to have I have this setup on the PacDrive.  Hopper 1 will also need key [ wired to an iPac and if you are using a second hopper, that uses key ].  This is all needed to be done when building the cabinet - this is just the software setup and mentioned for reference.

Step 5.

On my cabinet I have a key setup for basic autoplay.  This is via one of the buttons on the front and not within MFME.  It basically is triggered via the ALT-P configuration.  This is file Default.aut.  Once you load this in, it should look like this.

Demo3.png.155391c265a192bcf4f069351b227d1c.png

Hope this is some use to some of you, if not it's a backup of the files for me.  Would love to here any other tips that other cabinet owners have as well - always good to learn from others.

This whole process per layout ( aside from any background changes ) takes no more then five minutes maximum.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Awesome 2

1 minute ago, davep180 said:

Thanks @RegStep 3 would have saved me hours of fun playing guess the Triac!  With this information, it's far quicker to setup my older favourites.

Pleasure - it's nice that I can give something back here - so many people helped with my cabinet ( the second version ) it's the least I can do.

• Like 1