Jump to content

YouTube Emulation Extravaganza


Chopaholic
 Share

Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, Dougsta said:

Is it true or was it urban myth that if you stopped no numbers on Shoot Em Up, you'd get an instant jackpot? And also wasn't it possible to get 3 red bars too?

I’ve hit jackpot on the line once before and seenit other times, the way the middle and third reel step up for the jp by numbers makes it a kind of advanced stop n step.  if you hit nothing it’s a quid win but that’s harder to do than you think!!! The jackpot lines up quite often and you can hit lines too but there was never any need, made my think now though, might have a good go at it with the emulator and share screens, tbh it’s been so long I’m hitting the 4 in the middle quite often on last few tries so I’m a bit out of touch!! Also forgotten the mixed bar setup for it to be jp set on shoot em up too, I’ll try and remember that to share as well

Edited by woodsy
  • Like 2

https://gofund.me/e235adbe 

gofundme.com/f/One-ex-homeless-man-and-his-dream-to-be-a-success

not currently HUNGOVER. (subject to change)

gofundme flyer.pdf

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Chopaholic started watching your YouTube videos during the first lockdown, which is what got me into emulation.  Used your beginners guide to installing MFME to help.  Thank you for the great content, and I am slowly working my way through your older YouTube videos too.

Club Crazy Fruits has to be my all time favourite machine, although I do like the JPM machines too.  

🙂

 

 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, CasinoFruits said:

@Chopaholic started watching your YouTube videos during the first lockdown, which is what got me into emulation.  Used your beginners guide to installing MFME to help.  Thank you for the great content, and I am slowly working my way through your older YouTube videos too.

Club Crazy Fruits has to be my all time favourite machine, although I do like the JPM machines too.  

🙂

 

 

Check out the legacy section of downloads, the whole jpm collection is there!!! 

  • Like 2

https://gofund.me/e235adbe 

gofundme.com/f/One-ex-homeless-man-and-his-dream-to-be-a-success

not currently HUNGOVER. (subject to change)

gofundme flyer.pdf

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, CasinoFruits said:

@Chopaholic started watching your YouTube videos during the first lockdown, which is what got me into emulation.  Used your beginners guide to installing MFME to help.  Thank you for the great content, and I am slowly working my way through your older YouTube videos too.

Club Crazy Fruits has to be my all time favourite machine, although I do like the JPM machines too.  

🙂

 

 

Glad to have been able to introduce you to fruit machine emulation @CasinoFruits - it's always nice to see someone else discovering it after all these years :) 

My older videos are more trick/emptier focused and have horrible production values (including shit audio as I persisted with a dreadful headset for far too long), but hopefully you still find them enjoyable!

  • Like 2

Fruit machine emulation content from the artist previously known as Degsy Degworth and the odd new thing here and there too - https://www.youtube.com/c/DegsyDegworth

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's quite unbelievable how realistic the emulators are.   I know that sounds daft when they are supposed to emulate, but they are really close!

Just watched your video on Maygay's Eastenders machine.   Downloaded it whilst watching.  What a great machine.  I have good memories of playing this in the arcades at the seaside!

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, slasher said:

They are exactly the same as the original fruit machine as they use the same software

Yep. 

Any variance in how they play is purely down to how you play it as opposed to how they got played in the wild. 

Club machines in golf clubs, for example, got quite a lot of play from old boys spending their pension so were ripe for a player to extract serious value, but stick the same machine in a snooker hall and far more people would take it on and it wouldn't build up that value. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

As per @wearecity's comments a week or so ago about £4 jackpot machines :)

Thanks to @vectra666 @Pook and @Richy1976 for the layouts featured in this video!

 

 

  • Like 2

Fruit machine emulation content from the artist previously known as Degsy Degworth and the odd new thing here and there too - https://www.youtube.com/c/DegsyDegworth

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just watched it, on night shift in work ATM.

Commented on YouTube.

Glad to see you planned some more £4 videos.

There are still plenty of £4 machines, that were great. Particularly Barcrest, who released a lot of clones, Action Bank/Flash Cash etc. Then there's, Cash Counter which had a replay option, to encourage you to put your winnings back in, rather than collect (which I'm sure I read once, they were told off for and so never put it in any other machine).

Then unless I missed a machine, Loads A Money, was unique and is a machine we had some discussion back on The Mecca years ago, because the roms released in the layout, shows how a fun machine, was turn crap by different roms.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, wearecity said:

Just watched it, on night shift in work ATM.

Commented on YouTube.

Glad to see you planned some more £4 videos.

There are still plenty of £4 machines, that were great. Particularly Barcrest, who released a lot of clones, Action Bank/Flash Cash etc. Then there's, Cash Counter which had a replay option, to encourage you to put your winnings back in, rather than collect (which I'm sure I read once, they were told off for and so never put it in any other machine).

Then unless I missed a machine, Loads A Money, was unique and is a machine we had some discussion back on The Mecca years ago, because the roms released in the layout, shows how a fun machine, was turn crap by different roms.

Replay existed in Barcrest club machines too, like Celebration. You got about 10% extra credits for using it. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 30/10/2021 at 01:39, wearecity said:

Just watched it, on night shift in work ATM.

Commented on YouTube.

Glad to see you planned some more £4 videos.

There are still plenty of £4 machines, that were great. Particularly Barcrest, who released a lot of clones, Action Bank/Flash Cash etc. Then there's, Cash Counter which had a replay option, to encourage you to put your winnings back in, rather than collect (which I'm sure I read once, they were told off for and so never put it in any other machine).

Then unless I missed a machine, Loads A Money, was unique and is a machine we had some discussion back on The Mecca years ago, because the roms released in the layout, shows how a fun machine, was turn crap by different roms.

I've replied to you on YouTube but I'll say again here, I'm definitely going to do more videos on these £4 era machines, Loads-A-Money in particular I really remember as being one of those early examples of how we all learned how rechips can totally change the nature of a machine.

Have you got a link to the thread over at The Mecca @wearecity - I'd like to do a bit more of a deep dive into the earlier era of AWPs, when the stakes and jackpots were small.

Barcrest churned out a lot of crap in the £4 era though, that I played in arcades in the early 90s, constant forced two of a kind wins, and those horrible 'nudge bank' things that could cost a fortune to finally get the nudge bank to pay something decent.

Fruit machine emulation content from the artist previously known as Degsy Degworth and the odd new thing here and there too - https://www.youtube.com/c/DegsyDegworth

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Chopaholic said:

I've replied to you on YouTube but I'll say again here, I'm definitely going to do more videos on these £4 era machines, Loads-A-Money in particular I really remember as being one of those early examples of how we all learned how rechips can totally change the nature of a machine.

Have you got a link to the thread over at The Mecca @wearecity - I'd like to do a bit more of a deep dive into the earlier era of AWPs, when the stakes and jackpots were small.

Barcrest churned out a lot of crap in the £4 era though, that I played in arcades in the early 90s, constant forced two of a kind wins, and those horrible 'nudge bank' things that could cost a fortune to finally get the nudge bank to pay something decent.

you wanna try the skill stops on barcrest's take two and cash zone see if you can get the repeater

deffo do a vid on the £4.80's of this era imo the best era of fruit machines £4-£6Jp

the barcrests with the skill stop trails like bfm's cash attraction were fine its the flash cash and the clones of which were right ballache's to jackpot or win anything decent out of

my top 3 skillstop type machines have to be

cash explosion on 2p play 50p repeater

take two, but i'm sure the skillstop feature was a lot easier on the real machine

cashwise again for skillstop i always hit it correct by stopping on the no.8 as it jumped

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Chopaholic said:

I've replied to you on YouTube but I'll say again here, I'm definitely going to do more videos on these £4 era machines, Loads-A-Money in particular I really remember as being one of those early examples of how we all learned how rechips can totally change the nature of a machine.

Have you got a link to the thread over at The Mecca @wearecity - I'd like to do a bit more of a deep dive into the earlier era of AWPs, when the stakes and jackpots were small.

Barcrest churned out a lot of crap in the £4 era though, that I played in arcades in the early 90s, constant forced two of a kind wins, and those horrible 'nudge bank' things that could cost a fortune to finally get the nudge bank to pay something decent.

https://www.fruitemu.co.uk/ib/topic/15196-barcrests-taketwo-â£480jp-1024dxmfme5-versions/?tab=comments#comment-292196

Some talk with you, me, vectra and Wizard with others.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, Chopaholic said:

A (near) clone of Roller Coaster that was far less of a common sight.

 

We had this as a £4 jp version for years! Used to love a Air bomb repeater all the way, in fact it was a tenner first in the 18’s area next to a snake and ladders jpm golden oldie and I think there were 5 roller coasters in total on the pier

Edited by woodsy
  • Like 1

https://gofund.me/e235adbe 

gofundme.com/f/One-ex-homeless-man-and-his-dream-to-be-a-success

not currently HUNGOVER. (subject to change)

gofundme flyer.pdf

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Chopaholic said:

A (near) clone of Roller Coaster that was far less of a common sight.

 

did you know the meters weren't set on this they should be meter1-1, meter2-1

meter 3 n 4 added for the £8 token option

see image below also would it be ok to upload the amended version to this topic as made the correct red/blue seven symbols and added gradients etc to reels 

Untitled.png

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Boulderdash said:

I still prefer roller coaster.

Yeah and I hate to say it the roller coaster tune s as bad as it may be to some was probably the most heard music for my entire playing career!! And to this day I can’t resist saying quack at the end of the jackpot tune

  • Like 1

https://gofund.me/e235adbe 

gofundme.com/f/One-ex-homeless-man-and-his-dream-to-be-a-success

not currently HUNGOVER. (subject to change)

gofundme flyer.pdf

Link to comment
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, vectra666 said:

did you know the meters weren't set on this they should be meter1-1, meter2-1

meter 3 n 4 added for the £8 token option

see image below also would it be ok to upload the amended version to this topic as made the correct red/blue seven symbols and added gradients etc to reels 

Untitled.png

I noticed this with the meters a while back when I was going through the JPM Impact roms. Do you also need to go into effects and add token slides? Or is it that not necessary.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, vectra666 said:

did you know the meters weren't set on this they should be meter1-1, meter2-1

meter 3 n 4 added for the £8 token option

see image below also would it be ok to upload the amended version to this topic as made the correct red/blue seven symbols and added gradients etc to reels 

Untitled.png

Ah I hadn't checked the forum first, I commented about the meters on the YT channel :D 

@vectra666 cheers for updating the reel symbols, the new alpha display is nice too, and upping it to 25p from 20p  play is a nice touch 👍

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, vectra666 said:

there's a fair few clones of roller coaster with different manufactures doing the rounds

We have a Roller Coaster £5 jackpot rom which plays a nice game. I loaded it into the £8 layout but the decals are wrong of course. The £5 jackpot Roller Coaster would be a good layout to create.

Unfortunately I couldn't find the £5 rom for Snakes And Ladders. There were a lot of them around in arcades so it shouldn't be too difficult to find. I think Sidewinder had a £4 jackpot but I couldn't find the rom for this either.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Watched @Chopaholic's latest video on Autoplay and reducing RTPs. I reckon that banning Autoplay will cause a significant, but not disastrous reduction in volume from UK players. Addicts will always gamble, almost regardless of what conditions they have to do it in. Sad but true.

Same with the reducing RTPs. Obviously people who are active at Casinomeister are a far more informed breed of gambler. Joe Public probably isn't even aware of the fact that RTPs can vary like this, and this is why more and more casinos are just dropping their RTPs. They see only positive effects, since the vast majority of customers are completely blind to it and carry on regardless.

With all that said, it is a clear race to the bottom. Once RTPs are screwed down to the absolute minimum, players are going broke quicker, and regulations are tightening faster, the industry will have run out of options.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...