Jump to content

YouTube Emulation Extravaganza


Chopaholic
 Share

Recommended Posts

25 minutes ago, Chopaholic said:

This video is Unlisted, if features me getting the £70 trap on Star Wars and a £28.80 Nemesis on Roller Coaster (£10 jackppot). The cafe/arcade got rid of most of their machines as it wasn't worth paying the licence on them, it's still there but they only have a handful of machines, mostly £500 randoms - and the place only opens in the evenings. The Roller Coaster and Star Wars went in the culling unfortunately, although TBH once I'd done the Star Wars about three times it was permanently on its arse so I don't think anyone else was playing it :D 

https://youtu.be/wuAtxWNl35w

The £10 version would have to take a credit to go to the top on nemesis, so you could have a situation where it let you win the gamble from £6 but the machine would freeze/ quack to collect until you put more money in, at which point it would spin in the jackpot without you touching anything. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, Boulderdash said:

The £10 version would have to take a credit to go to the top on nemesis, so you could have a situation where it let you win the gamble from £6 but the machine would freeze/ quack to collect until you put more money in, at which point it would spin in the jackpot without you touching anything. 

 waltzers if it stepped. Man I love roller coaster!! 

Edited by woodsy

https://gofund.me/e235adbe 

gofundme.com/f/One-ex-homeless-man-and-his-dream-to-be-a-success

not currently HUNGOVER. (subject to change)

gofundme flyer.pdf

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Boulderdash said:

How do you get £90 from Rollercoaster? I've never seen it repeat more than 3 times. 

edit; amusingly I just put £20 in a £10 rollercoaster. Got a top that went to £40, then jackpot off super hold, another off 5 nudges, then big money coconuts for another £20. Plus a couple of £1.20s and thats a £82.40 collect!

roller.jpg

Roller Coaster can repeat 5 times on the top feature. I got £90 twice before and a £75 on the £15 jackpot. Also I have witnessed £8 token do a £48 top feature. So that's the 5 repeats again. On the £10 jackpot the feature to go for is actually Nemesis as it will go all the way for £28.80 most of the time. If it does you over then it usually loses fairly low down on the wins. Also play for Nemesis on the £5 jackpot version as it will often go all the way for £14.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Chopaholic said:

This video is Unlisted, if features me getting the £70 trap on Star Wars and a £28.80 Nemesis on Roller Coaster (£10 jackppot). The cafe/arcade got rid of most of their machines as it wasn't worth paying the licence on them, it's still there but they only have a handful of machines, mostly £500 randoms - and the place only opens in the evenings. The Roller Coaster and Star Wars went in the culling unfortunately, although TBH once I'd done the Star Wars about three times it was permanently on its arse so I don't think anyone else was playing it :D 

https://youtu.be/wuAtxWNl35w

The main thing to look for on each board is the 6 icons all below £15 on the cash trail ideally. I saw a comment on the video asking about the Super Hold trick. We do have the roms actually. It works on the £35 Rainbow Riches roms.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, logopolis said:

The main thing to look for on each board is the 6 icons all below £15 on the cash trail ideally. I saw a comment on the video asking about the Super Hold trick. We do have the roms actually. It works on the £35 Rainbow Riches roms.

@logopolis Both already done :) 

 

 

 

Edited by Chopaholic
  • Like 1

Fruit machine emulation content from the artist previously known as Degsy Degworth and the odd new thing here and there too - https://www.youtube.com/c/DegsyDegworth

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, logopolis said:

Roller Coaster can repeat 5 times on the top feature. I got £90 twice before and a £75 on the £15 jackpot. Also I have witnessed £8 token do a £48 top feature. So that's the 5 repeats again. On the £10 jackpot the feature to go for is actually Nemesis as it will go all the way for £28.80 most of the time. If it does you over then it usually loses fairly low down on the wins. Also play for Nemesis on the £5 jackpot version as it will often go all the way for £14.

Roller coaster is probably in most people's top three machines ever, if not their absolute favourite. 

It has everything, from the ability to pay a massive streak to all sorts of cheats and tricks for someone with a little knowledge to extract value from a fairly dead machine. 

I'd still like to know what 'ssswwaah' is supposed to say!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've mentioned it before, but I have clear memories of Winner Takes All, turning up in one of my regular haunts in the Edgware Road near Paddington Station.

If you ever played it, you would remember the mystery being absolutely brutal.

A little bit of FME trivia for this machine, the even money feature didn't work in early versions of the emulator.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I wasn't aware of the even money thing not working on earlier versions of the emulator @wearecity - have you got any more information about that please?

Fruit machine emulation content from the artist previously known as Degsy Degworth and the odd new thing here and there too - https://www.youtube.com/c/DegsyDegworth

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Chopaholic said:

I wasn't aware of the even money thing not working on earlier versions of the emulator @wearecity - have you got any more information about that please?

I remember it not working, I think it alarmed the machine in the emulator or the reel didn't stop spinning.

You'd have to go back to the original release thread (possibly on MSN board) or perhaps try the res layout in v6 or v6.5 of the emulator and take the feature.

I would have a go myself at seeing if I could find details, but I'm away from home for the best part of two weeks, so probably won't have much time to search around looking for it.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

That is interesting, thanks wearecity. I still have the old versions of the emulator and the Winner Takes All layouts that run in them, I might give it a go and see what happens!

Fruit machine emulation content from the artist previously known as Degsy Degworth and the odd new thing here and there too - https://www.youtube.com/c/DegsyDegworth

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So the roms already in the Alien layout are alnv 0_3 which is what we called a P4 Alien because it was the 4th program where you had to gamble up to Out Of This World trying to get lucky 7 and steps from the bonus on the way.

There are also alen 1_2 roms which don't seem to work in the layout. Could be because they are MPU6? Not sure which program these alen 1_2 roms are. If it is MPU6 then it surely must be this later hint zero program.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, logopolis said:

Anybody know why the alen 1_2 roms don't work in the layout? I'm guessing it's because they are MPU6 but you never know.

They’re from another planet 🌍 GROAN

https://gofund.me/e235adbe 

gofundme.com/f/One-ex-homeless-man-and-his-dream-to-be-a-success

not currently HUNGOVER. (subject to change)

gofundme flyer.pdf

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks chops k I’ll check that out as never played much other than reds in the 70 era.. thought it was one where you played it up the side only to get the 70. So will be nice to know how to play the thing

https://gofund.me/e235adbe 

gofundme.com/f/One-ex-homeless-man-and-his-dream-to-be-a-success

not currently HUNGOVER. (subject to change)

gofundme flyer.pdf

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, woodsy said:

Thanks chops k I’ll check that out as never played much other than reds in the 70 era.. thought it was one where you played it up the side only to get the 70. So will be nice to know how to play the thing

I believe that was on earlier ROMs @woodsy which was chipped out, the ones I had over here all needed the Out Of This World trap, you couldn't get them on the corners.

  • Like 1

Fruit machine emulation content from the artist previously known as Degsy Degworth and the odd new thing here and there too - https://www.youtube.com/c/DegsyDegworth

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, woodsy said:

Thanks chops k I’ll check that out as never played much other than reds in the 70 era.. thought it was one where you played it up the side only to get the 70. So will be nice to know how to play the thing

That was P3 Alien where you played it up the side for the jackpot. The first program was an empty where you hit the7 in the window on the low down feature. The second program you could go lower than 4 before the corner even with a step and it will win to a 3. Then step to the 12 for the jackpot.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...