YouTube Emulation Extravaganza

Chopaholic

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Love the vids as usual but the shit is for these type of machines. I truly hate them and would never play them but they are fantastic in the emulator, also thank the stars we have great people to bring them to the table. Of course, without an emulator it would never happen.

Nothing like the pre £15 era as at least you had a chance!!!

• Like 2

Really enjoyed that video. It was good that the machine didn't behave how you thought it would in the early stages and then showed how brutal it could be, if you stepped up to one that had just been jackpotted.

As for the machines side by side, well I can take it or leave it, but I didn't find it distracting at all.

• Like 2

Here's my 'intro' if you will for Fishsta's video, and explanation as to why I haven't covered it myself on my own channel.

Give Fishsta's video a watch, it's really good!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Fruit machine emulation content from the artist previously known as Degsy Degworth and the odd new thing here and there too - https://www.youtube.com/c/DegsyDegworth

On 14/02/2020 at 09:08, Chopaholic said:

Sorry it's been a while!

On 23/02/2020 at 08:40, Chopaholic said:

Thankfully this was pretend money!.....

Cheers Degsy great videos as always. Thank fuck i have no interest in these £70/£100 AWP's these are a joke and utter shit. When the fun stop's..... Stop. Theres no fun in the beginning.  I do wish GC would wake the fuck up and have it go back to something that is entertaining.

• Like 2

Fairplay was the brexit of FME back in the day.

A virtually 50/50 split community, with some thinking about the damage it could do short term to their favourite emulator and some looking at the greater long term picture.

Hopefully by now, we can simply look back at it, as part and parcel of the history of FME.

Ultimately everyone was a winner, the emulator survived and those who wanted a sticker got one.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Fishsta said:

Hey, folks... I did an FME video at long last, feedback welcome.

Thanks great video, very interesting never knew there was a campaign with joining the scene in 2006/2007. As a player i always wondered about the hi/lo gamble and what if i had gone higher/lower thing and well cheeky fucks but then again didn't know about the machine using the blocking thing until Degsy brought it up in one of the videos. Always played for the jackpot or the streak and them pocket full of tokens, which now turns out that when you play tokens the pay rate is around 60%, so again the player getting fucked over but it doesn't say that on the machines back in the day. So with all this in mind with low steaks/low jackpots BITD, why the fuck is it still going on and allowed on these £100 bags of shit.

Edited by evo1

2 hours ago, Big J said:

Alright, calm your tits Degs. Already watched his vid all the way through but as I tried to ask, did even pre 80's or the first ever fruit machines released have a true non manipulative play, not the "if it wants to win it will scenario"?

Yes there were some Ace Coin machines that offered a ‘fair play’ hi lo reel in the 90’s. It would pre choose the gamble outcome, the reel was darkened, you chose hi or low then the reel would be revealed.  It didn’t cheat as it pre spun the number.

Pre 80s non computer based machines were just as rigged, even more so, you could make it so a machine couldn’t land a certain jackpot reel position.  That’s a complete scam to the player.  

J

Edited by A:E

Yeah, it didn't really give the player the edge at all.  It was well implemented and the machine could never go out of percentage as it would just go tight on reel wins to compensate for any lucky true skill gambles.  Chops has done a great video on the machine and tries to cheat the machine.  Check it out!

J

53 minutes ago, A:E said:

Yeah, it didn't really give the player the edge at all.  It was well implemented and the machine could never go out of percentage as it would just go tight on reel wins to compensate for any lucky true skill gambles.  Chops has done a great video on the machine and tries to cheat the machine.  Check it out!

J

All Degsy's vids are great except for when he does he DOND crap. Whenever I see them I want to bitch slap Edmonds😡👊🏻

This is the Criss-Cross Cash video, eventually the machine clams up to such an extent that it costs more than £3 to get a win, and it completely stops repeating on £3, so even if you can read the 'fair play' hi/lo reel and take every win out to the £3 repeater, you'll still lose.

It does at least prove that it's possible to control a compensated AWP without cheating the player on the hi/lo gamble, but of course becomes increasingly difficult to do as the jackpot gets bigger. (Imagine such a model on £100 jackpot AWPs.....)

There was also a Barcrest £4.80 machine called GAMBALL which used a little bingo ball popper in the top of the machine to give a genuinely fair, random hi/lo gamble, so potentially every single win, even 40p, could be gambled to the £2.40 repeater, but again this becomes non-viable with bigger jackpots.

• Like 1

Fruit machine emulation content from the artist previously known as Degsy Degworth and the odd new thing here and there too - https://www.youtube.com/c/DegsyDegworth

I dunno if it’s just a basic hilo trail for cash it would have so many hilos to win to get to £100, say £1-2-3-5-8-10-15-20-30-50-75-100. Put some feature exchanges next to some things and a random dond/super dond etc exchange at higher points. The EV of the random dond could be say £20 so put it at that point etc. 

The EV of the gamble trail with the fair hilo could be say £6-8, if it’s behind % then cost less to get onto it, ahead of % it could cost more to get onto it. Alternatively could say move the dond exchange lower down if it’s behind %. 

Whether they would want to try something different like this and go away from the standard cash/feature lapper board I doubt though. It would be somewhat harder to make a lapper style game with fair hilo reel. There was one instance of a random feature on a machine called Andy Capp, ages ago not the original old one and not the betcom newer one, you could gamble on a random dog race amongst other things on the feature board. Anyone remember it, thinking £70jp but might have been £35 also might have been on those Juice digital terminals. 

2 hours ago, Chopaholic said:

This is the Criss-Cross Cash video, eventually the machine clams up to such an extent that it costs more than £3 to get a win, and it completely stops repeating on £3, so even if you can read the 'fair play' hi/lo reel and take every win out to the £3 repeater, you'll still lose.

It does at least prove that it's possible to control a compensated AWP without cheating the player on the hi/lo gamble, but of course becomes increasingly difficult to do as the jackpot gets bigger. (Imagine such a model on £100 jackpot AWPs.....)

There was also a Barcrest £4.80 machine called GAMBALL which used a little bingo ball popper in the top of the machine to give a genuinely fair, random hi/lo gamble, so potentially every single win, even 40p, could be gambled to the £2.40 repeater, but again this becomes non-viable with bigger jackpots.

Yeah, you could cheat Gamball on the actual machine.  There is also a BGT UK slot called Random Replay, the cash repeat was a genuine chance Bagatelle type feature.  Was a decent machine.

J