YouTube Emulation Extravaganza

Chopaholic

3 hours ago, infection said:

£10 version isn't emulated is it??

It could be? Depends if a probe really wants that bigger jackpot as according to chop it’s shite on that setting unless there’s a standalone rom set the £8t goes to £10 cash?

are these single £10 set?

https://www.planetemu.net/rom/mame-roms/j6bnzah

Edited by vectra666
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Chopaholic said:

There's allegedly a JPeMu £10 DX for Bonanza over at Fruit-Emu but when downloaded it's running on a £6 jackpot, the artwork shows £10 though.

Screenshots

Yep seen that tried upgrading the stake jackpot settings on the £8 roms but not having it. Tried various roms but nowt yet 

Apparently the way to play the £10 version was to just go all out for the JPM £3 win on the reels (gamble up to it, three hold, or hold after nudges), then exchange into the feature and try to collect the fourth gold nugget to exchange for the win series.

Couple of folks have left comments on the video to that effect.

• Like 1

Fruit machine emulation content from the artist previously known as Degsy Degworth and the odd new thing here and there too - https://www.youtube.com/c/DegsyDegworth

24 minutes ago, Chopaholic said:

Apparently the way to play the £10 version was to just go all out for the JPM £3 win on the reels (gamble up to it, three hold, or hold after nudges), then exchange into the feature and try to collect the fourth gold nugget to exchange for the win series.

Couple of folks have left comments on the video to that effect.

We’ll see laters maybe another chop video after to prove it or prove how poop it may be, Indiana Jones is the same done pooks great dx to £8tokens that still plays ok but the £10 jpemu version I have is a lot harder to win on same goes for most of these jpm upgrades like monopoly 60th again the original £8 version is great. Suppose they all pay to their percentages one way or another, the jackpot being bigger just means in theory it takes that extra four quid to achieve it or more. 
i expect the tenner version will still be max 20p a play unless again there’s checkboxes etc to get it to 25p 

Yeah nice win. You basically got it up to a 32x multiplier, and I imagine the odds of that are very low indeed.

It can probably be worked out with a bit of effort and if they're transparent with the various probabilities, but it should be far less than 1% of Pachinko games.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Chopaholic said:

Taking a look at some of the recently released low and mid-techs for this video, £4.80/£6 jackpots ahoy!

Also Manhattan Skylines.

Tbh they were not done for their profile mainly preservation and @bungle likes picking things that have not been done yet as classics were but nothing else so we just cracked on and and did them, I knew the review wouldn't be so great as there is not much going on even at the best of times and you are absolutely right, play wise they are utter shite but it does have a a couple of things on this which are covered on the actual thread of one of them. I'll assure you the next one will have more of a playability factor;)

Did a happy file for it just to perk it up a bit but the only ingratiating thing about it was getting free creds to empty it back then as would never of touched them, best you could do was sling a fiver or a tenner in and get a few holds on a few wins or maybe two on the JP but it wasn't guaranteed to give a good symbol on spinning the one reel, have had a triple JP out of this on the happy file but it really struggles still to catch up to percentage. 

If you fill the faces on either of them it is a mystery win which is anything from 60p-JP and it could also give an irregular amount which is not on the pay table.

Thanks for the review and agree with everything you said except one thing, it should of been "finally he has done his first layout" ;) 

• Like 2

Great video.

@Big J you're right (WTF) only joking, it's definitely not always the machine that counts, it's that it preserved hopefully forever and in a graphically format, so people in the future can see what it looked liked as well as sounds. I know Chop, also is a great believer in that also.

Jolly Joker as I said before holds a special memory for me, being the first machine where I learnt (well told) not to hold after nudges for a win. That means it takes me back to the exact location, which bring back memories of my old place of work and the people. The fact it's not my cup of tea or that great to play, doesn't matter to me. Also I remember only even playing it, because the hi-tech in the buffet, wasn't working or switched on.

As for the others featured, I agree, that these Barcrest lo-techs, were definitely bettered by others like PCP and Project. Little Devil, looks absolutely poop in that cabinet and it's clunky cheap looks, but gameplay wise, it knocks spots off the Barcrests.

Sudden Impact, hmm, I seemed to remember really liking it back in the day, but it's not as good as I remembered. Made me laugh, when you said that the step up and down feature, wasn't worth taking and the next time you had a feature chance, the 3 red 7's were in view on the same line below the reels, to get a jackpot off the feature.

Manhattan Skylines, definitely in my top 10 fruities, probably top 5. Just wished I'd have utilised the bank score more back in the day. But then I only ever got to play it in one pub and the beer goggles would have been on, a lot of the time.

Anyone else, noticed you tend to down your drink faster when playing a machine

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1

@wearecity lol and regarding the video I respect the honesty as if he said the opposite I would of had to correct him, no point beating around the bush either as it is what it is but my memory is this since you are sharing,

When I was around 15yrs old I use to come home from secondary on a train and when it arrived into the station as it was the end of the line there was a little pub in the corner and in it had a Taverner, yes I was an addict at this point and have a bit of a peppered past to prove it but when I approached the pub there was a short stocky punk rocker guy playing it and as I was peeking around the corner watching him play (as never went inside) I noticed that the machine kept flickering off and on and thought "hey he is up to something", he never put any money in but the reels were spinning and he had 90 odd credits, as I inched slightly forward he noticed me, smiled, then called by waving me over, I was reluctant but being an addict at that time just went with the flow. He bought me a coke and told me to stand on the right as I was about 5ft 10in and fairly chubby so obviously I was blocking everyone's view of seeing what he was doing which was turning it off and on very quickly by the switch and listening to it ticking inside the machine, each time it ticked he did it again and kept on repeating this, when it came back on after doing it for around a minute the credit display was scrambled and he just played it for all sorts of wins (must of been a good 170 creds odd iirc), he only took out enough cash and tokens to leave a fairly good float in it as after it wouldn't be totally dead as there was no "manipulation" like say an emptier like Barcode, Galaxy or a line emptier for example. When we left he gave me a fiver or a tenner (which I lost in a cafe in the same station) and met him back there the next week, after the second time he asked me if I wanted to make a bit of dough for the day and I said "yes" so he bought me a Travelcard (as we never had Oyster those times) and we went all over the place but he never wanted me to play anything that couldn't be manipulated so I complied. He was making about £600 a day and my cut was £50, a bit of a cunt but at the end of the day it was like having a wage at 15 years old.......

(slight momentary pause as needed a drink for the rest of this)

..... from then is was all easy as peas and after a few weeks was on halves, knew exactly what he was doing and we split and met up at night to split the profits, between the two of us we were clearing between £1000-£1500 a day buying Rail Rovers and travelling all around the country, I packed up school and ditched college which I kind of regret but you don't need a degree to fall flat on your feet plus we were pulling in serious dough. We then met his spotty mate Chris would was kind of obsessed with the BellFruit emptiers (Galaxy and Barcode) but never sold anything as he would only swap places that he knew or got banned from, he had an advantage that he knew how to drive but he was several years older and also had a thing for the girls, me I wanted the dough and wasn't interested but our mate Chris would never take us anywhere not even for a lift as he was a loner and we respected that, we also had a code never to touch another's place which all of us always stuck by and the rest is history. Croydon Train Station was the biggest killer as the staff didn't care, the machines back was facing them and the plug socket was on the wall next to it with two machines side by side, so when my mate Steve wanted his reset I did the honours for both, Cloud 999 and Blue Moon next to each other, on the other other platform they had Galaxy and Spectre and on the other Blank Cheque and something else which we played all our tokens in and fucked off as many token wins as possible to get the cash .

I could tell you a lot more and probably will do in time but friggin happy that my fate was sealed in this way and if I could do it all again I would but make a few modifications like not blowing a load of dough on fake friends and bullshit and just focusing on that every day of the week as I was pretty slack at times and took everything for granted.

Well there it is, this is how it all started for me and have only shared this with a couple of close friends over the years. 

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1

Great story there @Big J I was never that bad probs why I lost loads. 
 I heard people mention about switching the machines on n off but didn’t take any notice stupid me lol. It’s a wonder these arcades or places where these fruits were actually made money from them ? Wish I paid attention back then as I’d of also made a killing down here .

What would’ve happened if you’d of been caught?

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, vectra666 said:

Great story there @Big J I was never that bad probs why I lost loads. 
 I heard people mention about switching the machines on n off but didn’t take any notice stupid me lol. It’s a wonder these arcades or places where these fruits were actually made money from them ? Wish I paid attention back then as I’d of also made a killing down here .

What would’ve happened if you’d of been caught?

Nothing, I'm a minor being led astray well at least for the first few years anyway.

I have been caught by police in a kebab shop near Mitcham and with a clicker, was stripped searched in the van and given an option "hand the clicker over and all the money back to the shop or be arrested" a no brainer really, shame though as things took a turn the following week🤭🤫. I've been to court, got in a fight with a landlord as he wouldn't take no for an answer (was a right scallywag back then), grown some brains since along with respect and common courtesy but I bet a fair few of us here got up to no good as a teen. The best one was when I was facing a court appearance and the prosecution wanted me to tell them how I emptied a Pink Panther and a couple of Ace machines hahaha yeah right, incriminate myself, nice acquittal that and yes I am proud of it tbh one-upmanship was quite important against the law and proprietors back then, it was always ride or die as the only purpose was to walk out successful emptier or not. Sorry Chops if I have veered off a bit.

Edited by Big J
One letter missed, still can't get it right.
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, dondplayer said:

Regarding little devil it would be impossible to nudge in 3 devils if they counted as wild unless you could nudge more than one reel at once. You would have to have multiple wins to obtain JP rather than 3 devils.

Because they are 'in view' rather than line then up it *might* be possible , however you'd need to look at it carefully rather than Chopley who looks at the £1 win and to avoid that nudges in the 60p instead 😉

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zaphod79 said:

Because they are 'in view' rather than line then up it *might* be possible , however you'd need to look at it carefully rather than Chopley who looks at the £1 win and to avoid that nudges in the 60p instead 😉

Right I'll stick this on the video as well - how to get the jackpot from unlimited nudges

Go for whichever of these two are closest first then get the other and be careful

Reel 1 - two single bars with the joker below

Reel 2 - two melons with the joker below

Then bring the reels down so the joker on reel 3 is on the top reel (single bar on the bottom reel)

Then bring reel 1 up

Then bring reel 2 up

Jackpot

Edited by Zaphod79
  • Like 4

8 minutes ago, Zaphod79 said:

Right I'll stick this on the video as well - how to get the jackpot from unlimited nudges

Go for whichever of these two are closest first then get the other and be careful

Then bring the reels down so the joker on reel 3 is on the top reel (single bar on the bottom reel)

Then bring reel 1 up

Then bring reel 2 up

Jackpot

It is the same set up for both Taverner and Joker.

9 hours ago, Zaphod79 said:

Then bring reel 1 up

Then bring reel 2 up

Jackpot

Ah yes it's only the triple bars and jokers that are 8 way wins. The lower wins are on a line only.

Your box will be CASHPOT