YouTube Emulation Extravaganza

Chopaholic

• 3 weeks later...

Have tried this myself and when climbing it can reverse on a 4 or 9 seem more likely on a 4 though. The other thing and machines in general use to do this, play a pound or two at a time and don't load it with creds, bit like the old slow down on the Aces they do like to get you in more frequently the closer the creds get to 0.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, logopolis said:

Totally agree with you about keeping it down to low credits.

If that is true then it really is bent as fuck!

I've been playing around with this one a lot more, I'd love to know what's going on code-wise with this one, it actually feels a bit like Overload in that some bits of the code just don't seem to have the faintest idea what other bits of it are doing, things it should be able to avoid really easily like giving a PAIR BONUS from a change number when close to a jackpot.

Got mine consistently over percentage now and it's carrying on getting worse (for the machine!) - really bizarre the stupid stuff it does even when it's well over percentage.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Fruit machine emulation content from the artist previously known as Degsy Degworth and the odd new thing here and there too - https://www.youtube.com/c/DegsyDegworth

4 minutes ago, Big J said:

She can be a bit of a megabitch at times lol, thanks again for sharing your info.

Got any more;)

I got £25 roms working in Fruitopia which is a full empty that takes a long time. It wasn't clear to see with the £15 program, so I'll do another video of that. Also got £25 roms working in Ready To Rock but I have done a lot of videos on this machine on £15. The £25 version plays just the same really.

Another empty is Battle Axe £15 where the machine never goes dead.  I may do a video on this but it's just collecting the most you can out of every board until there's a chance of jackpot. It can take ages but eventually the machine streaks off the jackpot. 

The one I want to do is The Simpsons. Showing how to get the streak out in the quickest way. Can never find the right roms though! There is a set of roms in there which I can't get working because it does a strim alarm.

• Like 1

That all sounds interesting, an easy emptier is a bit of a boring one, my two all time hall of gamers is MMM and Surprize which if you don't know them back to front can really eat. As chops said this is bent as fuck never a truer word.

Look forward to your vids and thanks for all the info and effort you put in👌🏻

• Like 1

On 15/12/2020 at 16:31, Chopaholic said:

If that is true then it really is bent as fuck!

I've been playing around with this one a lot more, I'd love to know what's going on code-wise with this one, it actually feels a bit like Overload in that some bits of the code just don't seem to have the faintest idea what other bits of it are doing, things it should be able to avoid really easily like giving a PAIR BONUS from a change number when close to a jackpot.

Got mine consistently over percentage now and it's carrying on getting worse (for the machine!) - really bizarre the stupid stuff it does even when it's well over percentage.

Think this is just a case of a brand new type of machine profile, the game was more than likely built on a new base code, they are always going to have problems with new types of games.  

Not enough testing of all the game mechanics, how they interact and can lead to a win that shouldn’t be available and because the machine has no safety net it keeps getting caught out easily.  

Still a bit crazy, think it was fixed fairly quickly and the rechip addressed the reverse gamble mechanism.

Did they ever clone this machine?

J

On 15/12/2020 at 16:41, logopolis said:

I got £25 roms working in Fruitopia which is a full empty that takes a long time. It wasn't clear to see with the £15 program, so I'll do another video of that. Also got £25 roms working in Ready To Rock but I have done a lot of videos on this machine on £15. The £25 version plays just the same really.

Another empty is Battle Axe £15 where the machine never goes dead.  I may do a video on this but it's just collecting the most you can out of every board until there's a chance of jackpot. It can take ages but eventually the machine streaks off the jackpot. 

The one I want to do is The Simpsons. Showing how to get the streak out in the quickest way. Can never find the right roms though! There is a set of roms in there which I can't get working because it does a strim alarm.

Have you tried letting the strim alarm time out?

• 4 weeks later...

Gah! Sorry Dougsta I wasn't aware that thread with details of the fix existed. Oh well it gave me the chance to waffle on a bit about the leaked versions of the emulator, and demonstrate I jackpotted it the old-fashioned way without autoplay! :) 

• Like 2

Fruit machine emulation content from the artist previously known as Degsy Degworth and the odd new thing here and there too - https://www.youtube.com/c/DegsyDegworth

Just watched the videos.

Great to finally have the sound roms for this, once again, it gives us hope that no matter how long the wait, resources will be uncovered for others we are still missing.

Agree, arcades were just such magical places back in the 80's and early 90's. I wish I had taken pictures of videos of them back in the day.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Really enjoyed the Omega video Degsy as I'm originally from Blackpool. Left when I was 3 months old then returned at 14 years old for a couple of years. Which is when l found myself wagging school (robbin' off , bunking off) and in the arcades you mention and others besides , playing games and my first ever go on a fruit machine (that was rat race 2p) in North pier arcade. Ah those were the days late 80's.   Anyway just wanted to confirm, your memory serves you well and Mr B's was in fact correct for the arcade in between Coral Island and Funland.  Just on a final funny but wasn't for me, sidenote , that Sega hydraulic gyroscopic game R360 you mentioned also had an equivalent machine with Sega AfterBurner unless they're the same thing, anyway I paid my £2 and went on it with a few people watching this bizarre thing do its thing. There was no mention from the attendant that it would be a good idea to have a friend look after your on person possessions as they all ended up scattered in 360 degree directions as the machine span with wild abandon. Suffice to say coins, keys ,clipper lighters you name it ended up shall we say, cast well away, dispersed in a random fashion, if you like, from their initial location. Put simply S#*! went everywhere. Let's just say I wasn't too keen on trying to beat my highscore on that bloody machine again lol 

• Like 2