YouTube Emulation Extravaganza

Chopaholic

Also Reg's worded version,

putting them both together might clarify better for some, that means me for starters lol. An ingenious invention from a ingenious individual, huge thanks to you.

Obviously you hit save after but what process is that? Does it just get loaded into the layout file location?

Thanks for this both of you, an idiots guide for me as just couldn't grasp the concept😂

28 minutes ago, Big J said:

Also Reg's worded version,

putting them both together might clarify better for some, that means me for starters lol. An ingenious invention from a ingenious individual, huge thanks to you.

Obviously you hit save after but what process is that? Does it just get loaded into the layout file location?

Thanks for this both of you, an idiots guide for me as just couldn't grasp the concept😂

@Chopaholic will watch that new video tomorrow.

Worth sharing a little history on this feature if anyone is interested.

You would not believe the work I had to put in to get Chris to add this - this was firmly due to me going on and on and on and a game called Club Coronation Street.

Over a period of about a month there was many - many - many nights of nagging.

At about the same time we were looking at Club Coronation Street and I had down a really shitty ( unlreased DX ) of it.  This was the Monopoly one.

My vision was I wanted machines to feel play and random when you started, a system where you could control key presses via MFME and program them to do what you wanted.  I also had come to understand some machines needed buckets of money into settle as well and I simply did not have the time to do this overnight but my PC could for me so my plays would be a little more realistic.

Chris was never for this to start off with.

What tipped the balance I recall was he wanted to get the machine jackpot ready on the cash pots and playing it was becoming a tedious nightmare because of every couple of spins, Vera would pop up wanting you to nudge and it was just taking an age.

You could not believe how slow these nudges were making gameplay, then it clicked with Chris that this did have a use !

The first version of this didn't have the %'age options for the buttons and the menu was about half the size it was.

This isn't the first version, but an earlier version of the menu before I asked for Save / Load to be added.

When MFME came out with this I was so excited for the possiblities that it brought along.

What I also liked was if the machine was busy doing something it would still work through the menu so at times, even correct key presses would be skipped if a sample was playing or anything like that.  That gave even more randomness.

DOND_TheCrazyChair_Auto.png.facb57f0f053e5e4862861331338cb42.png

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Reg said:

Worth sharing a little history on this feature if anyone is interested.

Nice little story there Harvey, might be worth a thread of its own in Wizard's Rest? 'How autoplay got added to MFME'

I think the stories in there that people are posting are building into a nice little memorial, and stuff like this all adds to that IMO.

• Like 2

Fruit machine emulation content from the artist previously known as Degsy Degworth and the odd new thing here and there too - https://www.youtube.com/c/DegsyDegworth

2 minutes ago, Chopaholic said:

Nice little story there Harvey, might be worth a thread of its own in Wizard's Rest? 'How autoplay got added to MFME'

I think the stories in there that people are posting are building into a nice little memorial, and stuff like this all adds to that IMO.

Sure ok - let me do the same post there.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, vectra666 said:

Didn’t tommy c release Red pink panther on £6Tokens if so it’s a certain switch to put it to all cash 

He did,

Call me a sentimental old fool but love those crappy BWBMaygay cabs, they have a typical dusty feel to them. Why do you think I have a thing for Manhattan, Searchlight etc.

To add, got this one and it isn't going anywhere as love that too, thanks to Tommy.

Edited by Big J

How's this for my first Autoplay bash @Chopaholic,took around 30 mins to get the hang of it, this is one hell of a feature on the emulator, damn Wizard how did you incorporate this, love it, just love it. He always wanted me to try something else rather than the usual boring flickers/pluggers, boy wasn't he right. Thanks again mate😊 

About a ton behind and if anyone wants any requests I am off the weekend, let me know.

NNWW £4.80Happy.rar

Edited by Big J
  • Like 1

I've also linked this in the Overload thread, but here it is as well just to keep this thread up to date.

-------------------------

Here's the video folks, the point isn't that I play it perfectly (I don't!), the point is to hopefully give you enough to go on to start getting a feel for the machine yourselves and get stuck into it, because this is genuinely one of the most interesting fruit machines I've ever played in terms of thinking your way around it.

I've got mine above 100% now and it's going further over percentage every time I play it, and every session I learn something new or see a new way to trap it.

Thanks to all who made it happen, all credits are in the video but particularly to Pootis for the layout, Dougsta for being very patient with me in PMs, and of course to our departed friend Chris for his amazing emulator.

• Like 2

Fruit machine emulation content from the artist previously known as Degsy Degworth and the odd new thing here and there too - https://www.youtube.com/c/DegsyDegworth

1 hour ago, Chopaholic said:

I've also linked this in the Overload thread, but here it is as well just to keep this thread up to date.

-------------------------

Here's the video folks, the point isn't that I play it perfectly (I don't!), the point is to hopefully give you enough to go on to start getting a feel for the machine yourselves and get stuck into it, because this is genuinely one of the most interesting fruit machines I've ever played in terms of thinking your way around it.

I've got mine above 100% now and it's going further over percentage every time I play it, and every session I learn something new or see a new way to trap it.

Thanks to all who made it happen, all credits are in the video but particularly to Pootis for the layout, Dougsta for being very patient with me in PMs, and of course to our departed friend Chris for his amazing emulator.

Great video, well done. Glad you stuck with this one as you had some doubts at first, but you've really nailed the method. It's fun to do in the emulator as well, rather than Thunderbird for example, which gets old pretty much immediately.

You didn't do much wrong really (apart from the Hit The Top!) and the video does a great job of showing that the game can be emptied. Very sloppy programming from Barcrest on this one.

There's the one additional trick I mentioned, that comes in handy at times. Hi/Lo Continue will give you a hint on which way to gamble, except when it wants to kill you. Unfortunately in these kill scenarios it seems the machine has already pre-determined the result before the player choose Hi or Lo, so reversing almost always works. Higher than an 11 even works. You can use this to occasionally trap the machine, since the next spin cannot be a Power Check.

Thanks to you for this video, Pootis for the layout, and of course Wizard, without whom none of this would be possible.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Dougsta said:

There's the one additional trick I mentioned, that comes in handy at times. Hi/Lo Continue will give you a hint on which way to gamble, except when it wants to kill you. Unfortunately in these kill scenarios it seems the machine has already pre-determined the result before the player choose Hi or Lo, so reversing almost always works. Higher than an 11 even works. You can use this to occasionally trap the machine, since the next spin cannot be a Power Check.

This actually worked for me last night, without it I'd have lost the hi/lo continue, and I got a barcode on the board instead.

So much weird stuff on this machine, it's like Barcrest let the intern code it and Gladys the tea lady did the testing.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

• 1 month later...