SR5i to Cabinet Setup

Reg

Firstly, many thanks to @fruitsnappa for the info here with the Technical Manual that I used to work this out.  If it was not for your manual you shared, I'd have not been able to do this.

Ignore the mess after all my patching and temporary wirings to prove it was working - it will be wired nicely when I put it in the machine...

image.thumb.png.dfddb5cde35ca75ae4da74bd358609fe.png

...for everything that is shown as Black Gnd on the chart at the end, I made this custom block to put all the connections into.

image.png.c6be09a41aaa09fb012aef1814a5af1e.png

This was a connector like this...

TruConnect 10 Way Single Row PCB Socket 2.54mm Pitch | Rapid Online

...with a row of solder connecting all pins and black tape wrapped around it.  A quick and easy solution to connect common ground pins together.

The I-Pac was setup as per below, the only connections we wired to for the coin mech are marked in red.  Connections 2SW2 to GND.

image.png.fb53e5ee5adc18eb9c305deed1f0e3b7.png

The 2SW1 connection for keypress 6 was not doing anything useful, that could be the coin mech programming or the fact that I only had a single £2 coin that was not playing ball.  As you should all know not every coins goes through every mech and will register 100% of the time. It did buzz out ok and full end to end connections were in place so I am not that worried.

The following connections were mapped. 

image.png.f2c68e7ba308931d37fece926fc2dc98.png

Complete this to the letter and your SR5i will be working.  Again thank you to @fruitsnappa.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...