PCP sp.Ace emulations?

woodsy

Is that type of machine one that I can emulate? I don’t have the same knowledge about things or the way it works etc but I’m hoping that I can do it, would have a big dot matrix display and would be a classic only! Think someone said something about the reels being a issue but maybe wrong!?! Thanks 

living the dream

7 minutes ago, vectra666 said:

What you on about? What machine?

Take a look at other similar machines emulated and see what makes them tick!!

I found the roms on planet emu but no idea if they work etc, it’s a game from my childhood but it’s not been done yet.. called oh what a carry on £3 jp there’s a video thread on fe showing a broken one 

https://www.fruit-emu.com/forums/topic/53145-what-a-carry-on-pcp-buttons-gone-crazy/

living the dream

2 minutes ago, woodsy said:

That’s it, I found the roms now and have been creating layouts! Over excited haha.. I’m going to take a look at that now and I hope but fear I remember now

Oh well, got ahead of myself again, what’s mame? Will it work on that? Seems attributed to the site on planet emu but it’s so new to me. Is it Worth trying to load up the roms and see what happens maybe?

living the dream

Wow... That's my "What a Carry on" video up there!

Is there a chance it may finally be a candidate for emulation? (just peeked at the other thread linked in here, hence the excitement!)

I still own this machine, still dont work - keep meaning to rejoin the mecca and see if anyone there would be able to repair it for me and how much it would be... to me it's the best fruit machine i have ever played and will never get rid of it... i can't even open the back as lost the key years ago! :(

I'd love it if someone was able to fix it for me, maybe even change capacitors and whatever else on the board, change bulbs to LEDs and place battery well away from the board so it can never leak onto the board!

• Awesome 1

50 minutes ago, MPU_FIVE said:

Wow... That's my "What a Carry on" video up there!

Is there a chance it may finally be a candidate for emulation? (just peeked at the other thread linked in here, hence the excitement!)

I still own this machine, still dont work - keep meaning to rejoin the mecca and see if anyone there would be able to repair it for me and how much it would be... to me it's the best fruit machine i have ever played and will never get rid of it... i can't even open the back as lost the key years ago! :(

I'd love it if someone was able to fix it for me, maybe even change capacitors and whatever else on the board, change bulbs to LEDs and place battery well away from the board so it can never leak onto the board!

ah man thats the best game from my youth.. boobs!!! hahah please can you upload some really good photos!!! i'll be happy to dx it with the love it deserves.. and pray with me for the result we want eh matey

• Like 1

living the dream

17 minutes ago, MPU_FIVE said:

Yes the reel micro is what's getting in the way of emulation at the moment but this thread seems promising as Andrew96 and Johnparker seem to be doing something with it... hence my excitement!!

JP and Andrew are looking into this?  Is it CHR related?  I don’t think mfme will ever run these as MFME is no longer being updated?  Unless the roms can be modified?

J

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

17 minutes ago, woodsy said:

That will save a headache or two! Please do! Thanks 

Here you go.. Spa did the layout & I think i found some of the buttons... you can put money in, press start youll hear a sound (reels wont spin... and sometimes nudges will come up and you get a bit of sound associated with nudges... also get to see the led display running... :)

What a carry on.png

Carry on (experimental layout).zip

• Like 2