JPEMU Conversions

wearecity

1 minute ago, wearecity said:

Genuinely excited to play this again.

I have a lot of memories playing this in two arcades in Reading, with a girl I used to work with, who was nuts about fruit machines as well.

It's a jolly little game that I have a soft spot for, played this a lot back in the day.

• Like 1

I'd forgotten, some of the gameplay on this one. One of those machines, you could walk up to and without any effort be £4 or £5 up, within a quid or two, mixed 7's being £3 very weird to see.

I seem to remember these were released around the National Lottery becoming a thing.

A couple of things about the layout itself, reel 3 need offset to -3 from -2 and I added a checkbox 32 to stop it paying out in 20p's only instead of £1.

9 minutes ago, wearecity said:

I'd forgotten, some of the gameplay on this one. One of those machines, you could walk up to and without any effort be £4 or £5 up, within a quid or two, mixed 7's being £3 very weird to see.

I seem to remember these were released around the National Lottery becoming a thing.

A couple of things about the layout itself, reel 3 need offset to -3 from -2 and I added a checkbox 32 to stop it paying out in 20p's only instead of £1.

The reel 3 issue is because the lamp offset is set to 1, set that to 0 and change the band offset back to -2

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
30 minutes ago, MikeyPosh said:

Hi All,

Long shot, but is Ricochet available as a JPM conversion to MFME?

Yes i converted it  but again not for me to post on here without permission for author but it is over at fruit emu. let me just get you the link

https://www.fruit-emu.com/forums/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_id=24912

Cant get thought on that link????

Here it is with thanks to Fuzion the original author. If Fuzion would like me to take it down, not a problem.

RICOCHETDX.zip

Edited by evo1
  • Thanks 1
  • Awesome 1

31 minutes ago, evo1 said:

Yes i converted it  but again not for me to post on here without permission for author but it is over at fruit emu. let me just get you the link

https://www.fruit-emu.com/forums/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_id=24912

Cant get thought on that link????

Here it is with thanks to Fuzion the original author. If Fuzion would like me to take it down, not a problem.

RICOCHETDX.zip 5.68 MB · 0 downloads  0

Nice one, cheers

had a request to do a YouTube walkthrough on this, all I need now is a day off

It’s fine, no problem here.  I had no plans of converting and re-releasing so thank you ;)

Not sure what else I did in JPMemu.  Think maybe 3 slots.

Ricochet

Big Banker

Arcadia

Anyone is welcome to convert them.  They are low res compared to what we can release now but still great to see there is still a little mileage left in those older layouts ;)

J

• Like 2

Arcadia, has a decent version on MFME done by Vecs, Ricochet we know is converted and Big Banker is converted.

The thread here and the DIY fixes thread over at fruit-emu, contains all the info and conversions. If people go through them, the conversions, can all be downloaded from the threads themselves.

There are only a handful of machines not on MFME, that won't convert because the convertor throws up an error. Again the threads contain comments when I've tried and they have failed to convert.

I'm always up for trying to convert JPEMU stuff, if anyone can find one that hasn't been converted or mentioned it won't convert.

EDIT.........it should also be obvious that if an MFME version exist, a conversion is not required, unless it's something like a DX on Jpemu and only a classic on MFME.

Edited by wearecity

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Wizard expressed an interest in seeing this machine converted in the first page of this thread. One converted, but you could see that the resource work wasn't that great and the converted version, isn't anywhere near up to the standard of a modern day layout.

I wonder if any of our skilled DX'rs, would be able to make something much more respectable, out of the linked image. Best to download it, to see it at full resolution.

Edited by wearecity

• 3 weeks later...