HOW TO USE THE FUNCTION KEYS IN MFME?

woodsy

please can someone explain how to use the fnct keys properly as i almost lost all my WIP...

i pressed F3 for full screen playing around but then lost the menu dropdown options and if there wasn't already a auto save on exit i'd of lost my wip,

please list the keys for noobs, and for this massive noobhed please tell me how to get the menu options back after pressing f3? also @Multi Retro Mancan you tell me how to put a background image on the screen that wonb't affect gameplay please?

living the dream

54 minutes ago, wearecity said:

Press esc will take you back out of full screen mode. 

In your MFME installation folder you find a tips.txt file open it, it contains all the shortcut information.

Thanks dude, I’ll try that. What about the .dat files in games folders are they supposed to be notes  I need to read?

living the dream

The .dat file, is an older layout format, that can only be loaded in emulators up to v5.1.

It was replaced by the .fml file format, when v5 was released.

From v6, you can't load them into the emulator.

If you load a .dat file, into v5.1, when you exit and save it will auto convert into a .fml file, but it also leaves the .dat file in the folder.

As long as you have a .fml layout file, then the .dat can be deleted.

Anything created in v20.1, will be saved as a .fml file.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Multi Retro Man said:

You're very welcome :D

Watched it and I get the preferences bit, but how did you add the lab picture? Right click?? Please Can you explain that but to me. I’ve also seen side art which is the game layout itself magnified and the small section you are as are actually lights up with the board too.. do you know how I can try to do that please mate?

living the dream

In answer to the second part of your question, if you create a widescreen version of the image with the machine in the middle (it's a bit of a fiddle to get it in the right place) although I think I tried to work out where the left and right would go by calculating where the image of the machine would go by halving the width of the machine image, so for example

Widescreen width = 1600

Normal image width = 300

The left side would need to be on pixel number 1450 so the right side would be on 1750.

When I did Volcano, I created it as a full screen machine and used lamp numbers from the machine as part of the sides so that they lit up when the the interior light of the volcano game was yellow or red.

Hope that helps a bit.

If you're asking if you can make a widescreen image use lighting when you press F3 to get the fullscreen image, I'm not sure that it can be done that way, I believe you have to use a full screen version.

• Awesome 1

46 minutes ago, Multi Retro Man said:

In answer to the second part of your question, if you create a widescreen version of the image with the machine in the middle (it's a bit of a fiddle to get it in the right place) although I think I tried to work out where the left and right would go by calculating where the image of the machine would go by halving the width of the machine image, so for example

Widescreen width = 1600

Normal image width = 300

The left side would need to be on pixel number 1450 so the right side would be on 1750.

When I did Volcano, I created it as a full screen machine and used lamp numbers from the machine as part of the sides so that they lit up when the the interior light of the volcano game was yellow or red.

Hope that helps a bit.

If you're asking if you can make a widescreen image use lighting when you press F3 to get the fullscreen image, I'm not sure that it can be done that way, I believe you have to use a full screen version.

Thanks so much , my brain isn’t wired up so well for this stuff but the way you’ve taken the time to explain it will enable me to figure it out now!! Thanks loads

• Like 1

living the dream