Red's Snakes & Ladders - music spotted in the wild!

Chopaholic

Something slightly random here, but I was watching a video guide for one of the dungeons in Final Fantasy 14 the other day and thought I recognised the music in the background, specifically it sounded like the feature music from Red Gaming's Snakes and Ladders. Intrigued, I left a comment on the video and the guy who made the video got back to me :) 

image.thumb.png.f3b841a3abc515204fca6e3473efc267.png

Here's a short unlisted video I made comparing the two side-by-side.

By all accounts Red were using a bit of software called 'EJay's Music Creation Software' which comes with a load of royalty free music that you can arrange for yourself into whatever sort of tracks you want. (It's been around since the year 2000 so could absolutely have been used by Red for machine of their machines!)

I'm inclined to purchase it and see how many other Red machines use music from it!

image.png.83d3ac7669b62164a7e3fcefa6d34f57.png

image.thumb.png.7b31ac66b40a136161c03a0b8bcf7c35.png

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1

Fruit machine emulation content from the artist previously known as Degsy Degworth and the odd new thing here and there too - https://www.youtube.com/c/DegsyDegworth

Good find. Some of the early Red games even credited eJay on the machine, somewhere around the area where the usual 18+ and disclaimer info was placed. I remember a Red machine with a Western theme that had an eJay badge on it. I'd completely forgotten about this until now.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Dougsta said:

Good find. Some of the early Red games even credited eJay on the machine, somewhere around the area where the usual 18+ and disclaimer info was placed. I remember a Red machine with a Western theme that had an eJay badge on it. I'd completely forgotten about this until now.

I don't recall ever seeing that on a Red, although it's possible I saw it back in the day and it never registered as 'something to remember' as it were.

Either way it's nice to have definitive information about where the music came from, I had to do a proper double take when I heard the music in the FF14 guide video 'cause I was like, 'Hang on, that's off a fruit machine!'

Here's the full guide video, this should be a direct timestamped link.

• Like 1

Fruit machine emulation content from the artist previously known as Degsy Degworth and the odd new thing here and there too - https://www.youtube.com/c/DegsyDegworth

I don't know if any of you watched WCW Wrestling back in the 90s but some of the music they used for wrestler's ring entrances are actually the same sound tracks on our fruit machines. The most notable was a wrestler called Chris Benoit. His entrance music in WCW is called Replica which is the same tune used on JPM Hagar when you finished your credits and are about to collect your bank.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Only just seen this thread but thought it was common knowledge. We used this back in school years ago, this is 2006 I believe. No surprise that Red used it. The pitch was all the same and some of the riffs were just like it.

Bellfruit actually did one or two with it too. Tubular Bells definitely.

On 19/08/2021 at 22:54, logopolis said:

I don't know if any of you watched WCW Wrestling back in the 90s but some of the music they used for wrestler's ring entrances are actually the same sound tracks on our fruit machines. The most notable was a wrestler called Chris Benoit. His entrance music in WCW is called Replica which is the same tune used on JPM Hagar when you finished your credits and are about to collect your bank.

#niche

2 hours ago, PekoJPF said:

Only just seen this thread but thought it was common knowledge. We used this back in school years ago, this is 2006 I believe. No surprise that Red used it. The pitch was all the same and some of the riffs were just like it.

Bellfruit actually did one or two with it too. Tubular Bells definitely.

Bell Fruit also had some notable fails, such as using the Vapours' 'Turning Japanese' on the climb for Chinatown 🤦🏻‍♂️

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
2 minutes ago, Ribbo said:

However the add again sound on Rollercoaster is the greatest ever sound effect.

Sadly no, it’s anything from the global range, spotted Dick, how Bigs, screwing around, banging away etc!! They’re pretty much unbeatable 

living the dream