DX'Cellent

Fortune Wheel & Wheel Of Fortune DXs - Project - Proconn

Pook

These have been in a WIP state for about 3 years now and have been a constant thorn in my side. There are various issues with these which I'll list, but as I've been asked for these on multiple occasions I figured that they're better out there than collecting dust on my hard drive. 

The machines are very similar but didn't both come in the same cab. I only had art for one machine so edited it to create these dual releases. The button configuration and shortcuts are slightly different on each. Each machine sounds massively different, synth sounds on one makes the biggest difference during gameplay.

I haven't linked these but the option is there, put both machines into the same folder and boot them up. Alt+L will link them so when you open the machine that is active at that time at the time of linking, when opened in the future the other will boot up beside it. Alt+U will unlink if you want to change.

Issues..

• Random 403 & 404 errors on startup, these will clear if left alone, sometimes 10 seconds, sometimes 2 mins. 
  • Wheel only lamps fully on one machine, but doesn't effect feature.
  • Machine sometimes boots with wheel unaligned, this rectifies itself at first feature entry and behaves afterwards.
  • If you get the 50/50 repeat feature, it pays more than if should.

Thanks to..

@captainhaddock for the classics, @evo1 for testing & @Wizard for MFME.

1625476344_FWWOF.thumb.jpg.63899fdd3de48cef2e49966ca2160605.jpg

Fortune Wheel & Wheel of Fortune DXs
Released - 15th August 2021
Author - Dave Pook
Manufacturer - Project
Stake - 20p
Jackpot - £6.00
Shortcuts...
0 - Enter £1
9 - Enter 20p
` - Cancel
C - Collect
1 - Hold/Nudge 1
2 - Hold/Nudge 2
3 - Hold/Nudge 3
F/W - Fortune Wheel
Space - Start
Thanks to...
captainhaddock - Classic
evo1 - Testing
Wizard - MFME
www.dxcellent.com

Fortune Wheel DX.zip Wheel of Fortune DX.zip

Edited by Pook
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 5
  • Awesome 7

DX Banner.png

13 minutes ago, infection said:

Thanks for this @Pook  was this another hidden release??

Yeah I knew I was away today and worried about Internet where I am, so uploaded on Thursday as hidden,  myself and Reg, unhid today.

• Like 2

DX Banner.png

These have a very obvious streak in them, you really can’t miss it.  It will start (usually) with 3 nudges, when streaking the gamble is always active.  Every other credit 3 nudges is awarded, there are usually 5 jackpots.

J

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Usually a win straight in is a streak as well.  There is a way to get it throwing in wins but the machine has to be way behind for it to do that.  Chances are if you played one in the wild and it dropped in a win on the reels is was streaking ;)

J

• Like 1

Got a happy ram for this if anyone wants it as had it sometime and is in the 6 quid version which was called Fortune Wheel, now I am seeing this is not the case as the £4.80 one was called this, talk about confused.com lol

Zippy🤐 from Rainbosays "Still waiting on an apology but I won't hold my breath 😗"

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Zippy said:

Got a happy ram for this if anyone wants it as had it sometime and is in the 6 quid version which was called Fortune Wheel, now I am seeing this is not the case as the £4.80 one was called this, talk about confused.com lol

There was confusion regarding which machine was which, which sound goes with which machine etc. I had conflicting info from different people. Which is why we ended up with the hot mess we have.

Edited by Pook
  • Haha 1

DX Banner.png

37 minutes ago, Pook said:

There was confusion regarding which machine was which, which sound goes with which machine etc. I had conflicting info from different people. Which is why we ended up with the hot mess we have.

Well you have cleared that confusion, thanks Dave and great stuff as per.

Zippy🤐 from Rainbosays "Still waiting on an apology but I won't hold my breath 😗"

Fantastic Dave

Have so looked forward to these.

Had the great pleasure of playing  one of these a few years back in Pompey. Was set 20p/£6

and gave a cracking game.

Never thought I would get to play it again back then, so to see it recreated and am able to play it again and again!-Is a dream come true.

Thanks to everyone involved in the releases.

Jay