DX'Cellent

Untouchable DX - JPM - Impact

Pook

Untouchable is a direct clone of Indiana Jones by JPM, although not as well known as Indy and the theme and sound package is not as good, it's still a good play.

Oddly this one doesn't suffer from the slow downs during Jackpot sequence or boards entry as Indy did.

Thanks to @hitthesix for the classic, @infection & fruityloopy1980 for the photos, @evo1 for testing & @Wizard for MFME.

This is dedicated to Wizard who we lost a year ago, this wouldn't be possible without him and this release is apt as the only way to describe his legacy would be 'Untouchable'

1938274441_UntouchableDX_1.thumb.jpg.21e34d12ed28d91313294adc4d6735f7.jpg

f31.thumb.jpg.1d370b9c6dcc16afd67a5a53ec332a0a.jpg

f32.thumb.jpg.e058c390f9bf37de40e26d49fe9a1280.jpg

f33.thumb.jpg.65af4b6b2bd603efe4351526b0a70763.jpg

f34.thumb.jpg.49eef189b5b13cbd65ed298bdca8339f.jpg

Untouchable DX
Released - 2021
Author - Dave Pook
Manufacturer - JPM
Stake - 20p
Jackpot - £8
Shortcuts...
0 - Enter £1
9 - Enter 20p Token
` - Cancel
1 - Hold/Nudge 1
2/H - Hold/Nudge 2 / Hi
3/L - Hold/Nudge 3 / Lo
C - Collect
E/X - Exchange
Space/G - Start/Gamble
Thanks to..
hitthesix - Classic
Infection - Photos
evo1 - Testing
Wizard - MFME
www.dxcellent.com

Untouchable DX.zip

No Prism Lamp v2.zip

Edited by Pook
  • Like 19
  • Thanks 7
  • Awesome 8

DX Banner.png

24 minutes ago, Multi Retro Man said:

I had the same problem. I moved one of the background layouts from the folder into the game folder and it loaded fine after :D

Hope this helps :)

Anyone else got this issue? I can't see how the backgroud image location would be related.

DX Banner.png

5 minutes ago, Pook said:

Anyone else got this issue? I can't see how the backgroud image location would be related.

i have the same issue, but re opened/loaded the layout approx three times then its fine

yep reloaded layout three times the 3rd finally loaded ok although took slightly longer to open than a normal layout

can't see any "prism" lamps hanging about off screen either

Untitled.png

Edited by vectra666

All three are working fine for me, I cannot explain why people have the issue.

I'll do an alternate layout that uses workaround basic lamps and not prism ones for the people with issues. Inlaws just arrived and are taking up spare room for a couple of days so it'll have to wait till I kick them out.

• Haha 4

DX Banner.png

1 hour ago, Pook said:

I thought I'd suggest it as it may have been a co-incidence that mine worked after I moved one of the files.

Great layout though, :D

Can't you get the inlaws a pack of cards and say you'll join them soon ;) :)

21 minutes ago, wearecity said:

Great stuff and a lovely tribute layout for Wizard.

No loading issues for me at all, I'm pleased to say.

1995 on the cabinet, so must have been one of the first £8 machines.

Looking at it, it appears to be an upgrade from £6, due to the £8 decal in the top feature, looking to be an overprint. So not a native £8, so 1995 for the £6 and sometime after for £8. Also paid out in tokens, not cash.

I stop babbling on now.🤐

Many thanks for this one Pook, nice to have a something bright on this day to focus on and remind us once again of the brilliance of Chris's emulator, and of course the brilliance of layout creators such as yourself :) 

On the loading issue, I've tried this on three different machines, it works fine on two of them but I get the layout error on one of them. (The one that it chucks the error on is my gaming laptop (RTX2070), it's fine on my main PC and on a cheapy laptop with integrated graphics, so it's not a horsepower thing.)

As for the machine itself, not as likeable as Indy and also much rarer out in the real world, I can only remember ever seeing one of them in a pub, I guess it was a tough sell for JPM when Indy was already on the market!

Thanks again for the release!