Red, White & Blue by Vivid (£15/30p/90%)

No1Stoney

Red, White & Blue by Vivid (£15/30p/90%)

Here we have Red, White & Blue 3 Player - By Vivid, set on £15/30p/90%

I must start by saying a huge thanks to @logopolis for pointing me in the direction of some working ROMs for this that @loo (hopefully the same member from over at the Mecca) originally uploaded! I have been looking for a set of these ROMs for a while, so thank you to all involved in getting these dumped and uploaded.

This layout has (for me) been a pig to work on. From some difficult lamping to some strange quirks that I can't seem to iron out (notice the 2nd topbox digit when on attract mode 🙉). But I think I've done OK without butchering it. Also the topbox amount resets to zero every time the machine takes another credit.

These is a bizarre issue I can't for the life of me fix. And that is that I can't get the topbox to save in the correct size, so every time it loads, its full size even though I've tried everything to get it to save slightly smaller. This simply means you need to resize the topbox each time (slave units should be OK) If anyone can fix this for me, I'd appreciate it and to let me know how?!

I hope you enjoy this layout

Thanks for downloading and playing.

• Like 8
  • Awesome 1

nice release!

had this in my arcade. i used to nudge features away and hold all 3 for setups. a true game if you will is when you hold all 3 , press start and theirs a delay before it gives you nudges and gives you a red feature.

hope that helps.

Thanks for this going by the image it looks great 

I’ll download tomorrow and let you know if anything you’ve mentioned can be sorted/fixed

@No1Stoney

did you read my post about the extra lamps fixed on gold rush and how it’s done, as said if you need a copy of it let us know?

Edited by vectra666

Thanks No1Stoney. This is one I have been looking forward to for a while. Looks like a great layout. 

2 hours ago, nails said:

nice release!

had this in my arcade. i used to nudge features away and hold all 3 for setups. a true game if you will is when you hold all 3 , press start and theirs a delay before it gives you nudges and gives you a red feature.

hope that helps.

The delay means it isn't actually ready to give the red stars but it can give the nudge after holding them all with the red stars 1 away. The longer the delay, the further away the "natural" offer for red stars.

• Like 1

@No1Stoney loaded this up and moved the top box so its central to my screen, and made borderless, one thing i did notice on borderless is there's a lot of white spots this maybe due to the image quality used

when i reopen the game (loading topbox first) it all loads up as i've left it, apart from it reverts back to normal mode as in not borderless.

I've also put all the top box files into a brown file like the slaves are so don't know if that cures the top box off screen fault!

imo the slave parts are far to long, on a small screen like mine i had to resize the length of each to 435 so losing the base off the machine except buttons also as you may see in the image the width of the slave again are too wide 

slaves 1 and 3 fit on the edges of the top box but slaves overlap the others as you can see the buttons missing from them

these are only minor things not had the top box go for a credit break yet 

Untitled.png

Edited by vectra666

The white spots seem to occur when the image is stretched or shrunk from its original size. Cant seem to find a way around that. They seem random too, sometimes they appear, sometimes not. 

I always release as big a DX size as I can, thats for those with big screens to take advantage of, and for those with smaller screens to adjust accordingly.

As for the slave units, goto design mode and crop out the bottom of the boxes if you wish

• Like 1

22 hours ago, logopolis said:

Thanks No1Stoney. This is one I have been looking forward to for a while. Looks like a great layout. 

The delay means it isn't actually ready to give the red stars but it can give the nudge after holding them all with the red stars 1 away. The longer the delay, the further away the "natural" offer for red stars.

Looking at the ROM notes, there is a DIP setting to 'disable forcing of red streak' not sure exactly what it does, but I guess some arcades would use it and you wouldn't know. Its off in this release

10 minutes ago, No1Stoney said:

Looking at the ROM notes, there is a DIP setting to 'disable forcing of red streak' not sure exactly what it does, but I guess some arcades would use it and you wouldn't know. Its off in this release

Yeah switch 1 is apparently used for "anti red streak chaser". Luckily never came across that in the wild! The next program after won't hold over on the stars though. It holds on wins. 

26 minutes ago, No1Stoney said:

Oh just noticed where you were slightly confused about the top box resetting back to zero if a streak takes a credit. Well that's normal, it's what they always did. This video I found on YouTube should prove it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

So glad this is on the better program, pretty sure I requested this as one of my first posts on FE 11 years ago.

This plays so much better when it's on the streak program. Played this so much when it was in my local on £5 jp. Could easily do £50+ streaks. 

1 hour ago, Mazza500 said:

So glad this is on the better program, pretty sure I requested this as one of my first posts on FE 11 years ago.

This plays so much better when it's on the streak program. Played this so much when it was in my local on £5 jp. Could easily do £50+ streaks. 

Thank @logopolis for the heads up here. He gave me an insight to the different programs available and this sounded the best one

• Like 2