Checkboxes for £1 payout

davep180

So here we go....

following in from this thread

where at the end @Big Jadded a (for me) a really handy hint. I have 10p and £1 hoppers on my cabinet and this tip saved me from 10p hell!

Does anyone else have any checkbox or dipswitch tips that will make machines payout in £1's instead of 10p's or 20p's or 50p's? Any follow ups to this will be greatly received!

Kind regards, Dave

Most machines cant be changed as how they payout is coded into the roms. There will be the odd exception but mostly it can't be done. I have the same 10p/£1 set up in my cab and I get around it by setting up machines that pay 20ps, by using the multiplier x 2 option in the pacdrive settings for the 10p hopper. Unfortunately if you have a machine that wants to pay £1 in 10x10p then you are stuck with it without some serious modifications in your cabinet. 

Edited by No1Stoney
  • Thanks 1

I echo what has been said above but best thing to do is ask for each individual machine (preferably in the same thread). If it is something like Nudge Shuffle, Rat Race or some of those 80s techs it usually is in 10ps as that is how they were programmed, maybe it was the thought process of engineers or manufacturers to let the player think he had won loads with all those coins hitting the tray, fuck knows!

If I find anymore like this I'll sling it up in a "fixes thread" unless someone else beats me to it then it will go there. It is usually older layouts made with v6 and older, things like triac/meter effects, shortcuts not added properly etc.

Zippy🤐

• Thanks 1

I ddn't think that every machine would be doable, as pound coins weren't even around in the early days, and as you say 20p and 50p can be emulated with the multiplyer, it was just a hopeful request that some may be able to be done like the above. I thought that maybe if a machine "thought" it was low on 10ps but had lots of quids, it could be persuaded to pay out the £1s. Something like that. Thanks for your replies.

• Like 1

Stoney is right. Before Pound coins came out there was only 10p, 20p and token tubes, or 10p and 50p tubes on clubbers. Sensors back then only disabled change for 50p when 10ps were low.
When pound coins did come out, things changed regarding sensors on the tubes, but mainly to show that Pound coins were low, and to default to 10p tube payouts.

What your suggestion might be possible with extra hardware + programming. 

• Like 2

Treat every day like your last, because one day it will be!

Fruit Machine <<<My new project! 

Thanks for your input @Amusements i guess that the old 80's clubbers are out. I had Multiplay on my cab setup, but winning £100 in 10p's with the 5x multiplyer means I'll need to get a bucket top to my 10p hopper! I know that, here and there, it was possible to change a 5x20p payout into a £1 payout, so just wondered how many could be changed by checkboxes or dipswitches. Not as many as i originally hoped. The fact I can still play these machines from my youth is one thing, the fact these bad boys are paying out real cash is another. Please do not think any of the request is any way ungrateful, I was just looking for in built options as were provided by @Big Jin the above Pook layout thread.

• Like 2

If you are talking about real life payouts there is a hardware solution to this, or at least used to be. When tokens went all cash there were a number of machines that had no cash roms, some Project Coin machines for example.

These were fitted with a small board that counted the solenoid firing and when 5 token fires were registered it would fire a pound instead. When less than 5 fires (e.g. the 80p in a 4.80) there would be a slight delay, then it would fire the appropriate number of 10p's instead.

I doubt these boards are still available but it wouldn't seem too hard for someone electronically minded to build something similar to count the pulses and therefore "upgrade" old machines to be able to pay in pounds? There would still be long payout delays as the machine "pays" lower coins and these are counted and converted to hopper spins though.

Edited by Retrofruit
  • Thanks 1

I remember the boards that Retrofruit mentioned. My local arcade had one fitted to a Super Jester for the 4.80 jackpot. The long pauses before payout kind of spoiled it. I preferred tokens anyway.

If the machine you are trying to adjust takes a pound, then there will be a tick box for pounds to pay out. Each tech is different, but usually standard per tech. 

List the machines you are trying to alter, and we may have the check box number you want.

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1

Thanks @Amusements I will now play some of the machines on the cabinet and work out which were the ones i thought "I wonder if that'll payout pounds". I didn't write them down as I played and set them up, so it'll take a few days to find some names, but I appreciate your input and help for what seems like the 100th time. :mess_56:

Hi @Amusements I've had a chance to play through a few machines this morning, so if you (or anybody else for that matter) can do anything with the following, that would be amazing. Some may not be doable at all, and the odd one may not be set up correctly by myself, but all input is appreciated.

The following Barcrests: Alphabet, AutoRoute,Cash Matrix, Club Climber.   JPM: Big Buck$, Cash Falls, Drop The Lot, Fast Trak

Finally, Cash Card by Bellfruit.   There will probably more, as I work my way through. Thanks in advance.

Dave

The first ones you mention pay out 20p tokens, 10ps, 20ps and pound coins, so you can only choose pound coins, and multiples of 10p on your set up.
Another option is to have a 10p hopper and a 20p hopper that would cover tokens, 20ps and x5 for pounds.

If you list the all cash ones, that do not have pounds enabled, we can help with them. 

My personal set up uses Hong Kong Dollars in Hopper 2 and 10 Bahts in Hopper 1. So coin values don't matter to me, so long as they pay out the right amount, and credit accordingly.

Regarding a 3rd Hopper.
So far testing 3 hoppers, on 2 Pacdrives, I can only get 2 hoppers (Hopper 1 and a Hopper 2) to work per game. It does however seem that you could add a tube payout for a 3rd coin payout using the triac output. Unfortunately I can not test this properly due to no access to them type of parts, but I do get a pulse off the triac output on the Pacdrive that will fire a relay....So last night I ordered an Arduino Uno board, to see if I can piece together some more code I found on Git Hub. Hopefully that should be able to take the triac payout pulse, and fire a relay to trigger the Adrunio, which in turn should spin the hopper until it detects the OPTO sensor coin out pulse. 

Thanks @Amusements I was basically trying to reduce the number of 10p's in my payouts is all. So for a bank of say £2.40 I was hoping to get a machine to pay two £1 coins and four 10p's, rather than gettting 24 of them. On a bank of £5 or more, that's a lot of 10p's. (The token payout is covered by the 10p hopper and I have basically said to myself that  big token wins are few and far between so live with the 10p's! Most of the ones I wanted to change, were it possible, were the old JPM's like the ones above and  also Hi Roller (original), Hypernote, Moneybelt, Moneygame, Note Exchange and Noteshoot, some of which you can have quite a large amount in the bank. It's not the end of the world, still love playing the oldies, and if none of these machines can be updated then no worries, I'll keep pumping them 10p's back in.

The 3rd hopper and the note acceptor ideas are brilliant, and hope you have success on both fronts. Thank you for passing on your knowledge.