Connecting a Scrolling Dot Matrix to MFME ?

appstrader

10 minutes ago, appstrader said:

I have a dot matrix scrolling display like you might see in a doctors, will mfme play ball with such a device via serial or usb etc ?

I know I can incorporate the display to be used in mame, just wondering if mfme will also use this type of device 

Not that I am aware of.

However - I am wondering if something like a scraper could be written to take the machine name from the .gam file and show that...

image.png.3893102ebc978ecccd82e9ac2a49c57b.png

...just a thought.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Reg said:

Not that I am aware of.

However - I am wondering if something like a scraper could be written to take the machine name from the .gam file and show that...

image.png.3893102ebc978ecccd82e9ac2a49c57b.png

...just a thought.

Thats a fine ideal, it doesn't need to be a scrapper as such my program can just send the info to the display as you scroll through the cabinets so when you play the game the matrix will scroll and roll over to show the game stats, etc never thought about doing that before but certainly worth playing around with.

Thank you Reg, 

• Like 1

1302030681_fruitbarnewlogo.png.b4072d66bdb5dfc556f436340bf9fce5.png 

MFME & MAME Frontend software https://fruitcade.co.uk

I already wrote some code for a scrolling matrix, but I think I did it in php its just a case of moving the code into c++ I know the code I wrote the matrix is networked and you just send the info via the lan but I might look at a usb connection

This is basically how it would work,

You start your machine and the display will show FruitBAR once you navigate in fruitbar the matrix will show the game name, manufacture, etc.

Maybe another letter used similar to N key where you set the stakes but you set what you want the matrix to show.

So the matrix will scroll the name etc until you return back to fruitBar and select another game, 

There might be some other extra's that can be added into this depending on what ideals come up.

1302030681_fruitbarnewlogo.png.b4072d66bdb5dfc556f436340bf9fce5.png 

MFME & MAME Frontend software https://fruitcade.co.uk