Inputs

clarkster

Hi, i'm not too sure but i think MFME needs an IPAC 2 for inputs...

this thread may be of help,

but also look at some of the other cabinet building topics especially the ones by @Reg, @No1Stoney, @WibbleWobbleand @uptown47 as they went into alot of detail on how they built their cabinets... good luck! - i want to make one myself when i can find some space to accomodate one! :)

I can get windows to recognise the device as a usb controller but mfme doesn’t seem to pick up any inputs. Will order the ipac anyway along with some buttons as I’m hoping to build a cab eventually. 

thanks for the information I will take a look through the threads you mentioned and see if I can make any progress while I wait for delivery.

You should be able to use your encoder in the mean time. If your encoder can create a key press, then all you have to do is make sure that the buttons you are using in MFME match. You can edit the key presses in MFME for each button. 

Treat every day like your last, because one day it will be!

Fruit Machine <<<My new project! 

These types of encoders will work with MFME.

19 minutes ago, clarkster said:

Whereabouts in mfme is the option for learning/assigning key presses ?

Open the layout you want to edit, click design --> edit mode. then right click each button and assign the shortcut key you want to use.

For ease, I would get your encoder using the typical inputs that each layout uses (1,2,3 for holds, 0 for coin entry, space for start etc etc)

You can use a program called JoytoKey to change what keyboard presses your encoder uses.

On 05/07/2021 at 09:41, No1Stoney said:

These types of encoders will work with MFME.

Open the layout you want to edit, click design --> edit mode. then right click each button and assign the shortcut key you want to use.

For ease, I would get your encoder using the typical inputs that each layout uses (1,2,3 for holds, 0 for coin entry, space for start etc etc)

You can use a program called JoytoKey to change what keyboard presses your encoder uses.

Got it working great. Joytokey was the missing link. Appreciate the help guys been reliving some great memories.

Time to get a shopping list together for a cabinet build now I’ve got the bug 😂.

• Like 1