error 12019?

woodsy

• 3 months later...
On 13/06/2021 at 17:51, woodsy said:

keep getting error; querying headers (12019) the handle is in the wrong state for requested operation?????????

what am i doing wrong here please advise?

I think I have found the problem - having it on my cabinet as well.

1. Are you using a Front End ?
  2. Is it mGalaxy ?

It seems that for some reason mGalaxy is having trouble launching a game it creates a phantom entry in MFME.

When I try to launch that game it does not work and all breaks.

I quit mGalaxy and load MFME, there is an entry in the table of recent games under File.  I select that and it breaks again, yet I can browse to the file and it is all fine.

4 minutes ago, Reg said:

I think I have found the problem - having it on my cabinet as well.

1. Are you using a Front End ?
  2. Is it mGalaxy ?

It seems that for some reason mGalaxy is having trouble launching a game it creates a phantom entry in MFME.

When I try to launch that game it does not work and all breaks.

I quit mGalaxy and load MFME, there is an entry in the table of recent games under File.  I select that and it breaks again, yet I can browse to the file and it is all fine.

hey, it's been a long while since i saw this error but at the time i wasn't using a frontend just mfme win10.. i believe it happened as i was using multiple instances of mfme and at some point it crashed until i completely end task and processes etc, it was also in the first few weeks of using 20.1 so i'm afraid i can't help much further than that... if it happens again i'll let you know with a screen etc.. but i can't really help further than that... 

PS your cabinet look bloody awesome the one with the neon fruits perspex on top!! thats a long way off for me but at least i know where my arse and elbows are when it comes to it haha

• Like 1

living the dream

35 minutes ago, Reg said:

Many thanks for the cabinet words - I am so pleased with it.

Ah no worries on the error - that's my findings with it so far - or so I believe at this point.

Swapping front ends to see if the problem goes away.

Can you suggest one for a novice computer user, for a hypothetical friend of course ;) 

living the dream

21 minutes ago, woodsy said:

Can you suggest one for a novice computer user, for a hypothetical friend of course ;) 

I would have suggested mGalaxy until all the troubles today...

...my next step would have been suggesting TouchPlay, that is under review...

...I'll get back to you.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, woodsy said:

I think Touch-Play is going to be my front end of choice.  It's early ( well it was late and now it's early - but I made a post and a demo for you and others ).

• Like 1