Cabinet Built now help me sort out my buttons

appstrader

I have a hyperspin machine but im going to change it to FruitBar I have just added a number of buttons and want to know the easiest way to set them up with iPAC I also have a coin mech to throw in the cabinet and I have a number of compact hoppers but they are 10p from memory can I just change the yellow inlay to accept £1?

Might even use a £1 and a 10p hopper if anyone can shed some light on this, I can easily setup a change machine using a hopper but want to know from anyone that has thrown this volume of bits into a cabinet. 

So this is my Front end and its going into my cab below,

.favourites.thumb.png.fcaf283d7ed245596cc760fe74d4d7dc.png

fruit.thumb.png.a51a54cbf42eab561755a9b4f1d6a6ed.png

• Like 1

1302030681_fruitbarnewlogo.png.b4072d66bdb5dfc556f436340bf9fce5.png 

MFME & MAME Frontend software https://fruitcade.co.uk

Hi Andrew,

read this first......

There is also lots of useful info in this one........

Do you already have the ipac? Do you want them to flash? If so you'll need a pacdrive too, but you'll need one of those for accepting and paying cash anyway.

The Azkoyen parallel hoppers are very easy to setup (no relays etc). There are wiring diagrams for the ME126 coin mech. Trust me it's easier to do what others have done before. Pete @WibbleWobble helped a lot and got my Money Controls mk4 hopper to work, when I had no clue. His walkthrough (above) was a godsend.

If you get any problems, put up more posts as there are loads of people more qualified than me who can answer!

Just bear in mind that the Pacdrive has to be set to ID# 1 "Special" when you order. Another thing to keep in mind is that if you are planning more than 14 LEDS + 2 hoppers, that you will need to order another Pacdrive and request that it is set to ID #2 before it is sent, as the ID can not be changed afterwards.

Treat every day like your last, because one day it will be!

Fruit Machine <<<My new project! 

So i have my buttons installed with lamps, now i have to figure out how to get the lamps working with my pac unit and make the buttons work,

First of all is this the right pac unit to do lamps and a hopper, buttons?

I have another board i can write code for to accept the button inputs if the pac unit only does the lamps.

I have 16 inputs i believe and two + terminals.

Another question maybe a silly one but im wondering if i can get away with changing the insert on a compact hopper MK2 from green to yellow to go from 10 to pounds but will it need programming ??

pac.thumb.jpg.391ae03fdd6acbd9ad930e9170740a81.jpg

Edited by appstrader

16 hours ago, appstrader said:

im wondering if i can get away with changing the insert on a compact hopper MK2 from green to yellow to go from 10 to pounds but will it need programming ??

You may not even have to change the discs, as 10p and £1 are quite similar in diameter. Just drop a quid in the hole to see if it fits! It won't need any reprogramming as the emulator and pacdrive send the signals. You may have to do a setup with relays on the mkII, I never got them to work myself but I'm as good with electrics as i am with MS Paint!

1 hour ago, appstrader said:

So do I need a lot of pac configuration one for each rom?

In a word yes.
The only constant across FME layouts that I see, are the hold and start buttons. Feature buttons vary, machine to machine.  Games with hopper payouts primarily require Hopper #1 for payouts, but then there are a small handful that are the opposite. Older games use Triacs, which you can freely dictate, depending on your own preference, and so on.

The quickest way to assign bulbs, is to make a template.pac (A copy of all your button/hopper layout settings in PAC Drive config). <Save Template>

When you load a layout and assign each of your buttons in edit mode, you go in to config/pacdrive > Load template, and simply hit [Config] which then fills in all the bulb settings.

As for a stash of settings, that would only work if your buttons are the same layout as someone else's, and even then you would also have to copy all their layout folders, and you could be talking gigs of files.  My working MFME cab folder is 21gig.

Treat every day like your last, because one day it will be!

Fruit Machine <<<My new project! 

3 hours ago, Amusements said:

In a word yes.
The only constant across FME layouts that I see, are the hold and start buttons. Feature buttons vary, machine to machine.  Games with hopper payouts primarily require Hopper #1 for payouts, but then there are a small handful that are the opposite. Older games use Triacs, which you can freely dictate, depending on your own preference, and so on.

The quickest way to assign bulbs, is to make a template.pac (A copy of all your button/hopper layout settings in PAC Drive config). <Save Template>

When you load a layout and assign each of your buttons in edit mode, you go in to config/pacdrive > Load template, and simply hit [Config] which then fills in all the bulb settings.

As for a stash of settings, that would only work if your buttons are the same layout as someone else's, and even then you would also have to copy all their layout folders, and you could be talking gigs of files.  My working MFME cab folder is 21gig.

21 Gig that's impressive,I don't really want to set up every machine I guess if I know the range of lamp number it would be quick to amend a new layout moving lamp numbers around for a layout etc.

I have a compact mk2 hopper is that just a case of telling pac and it will send pulses to the parallel hopper not sure on the wiring just yet so feel free to advise if you know.

Also added a cheap as chips coin mech that I know does pulses, the pac board I believe is for output only from memory its been a while since I looked into this but what with with weather its been a case of pull the cab into the garden and get started.

17 hours ago, Amusements said:

The Pacdrive sends a signal to drive the hopper motor, and the Ipac receives the coin out opto signal (5v).

I did a diagram on how mine is set up a while ago, plus there was other info in that thread that may help?

Many thanks i will look at this