Club Psycho Cash Beast - Emptiable ROMs

Nice one dougsta, I did have it accepting £2 coins back when I looked into it.  I believe the machine is set to euros.  Could be wrong though.  I expect it has a bespoke euro symbol in place of the dollar sign, mfme won’t have this symbol as default.

I could be wrong about the above.

J

12 hours ago, Big J said:

I'll leave it in your capable hands then fella. There is also a £100 and £200 JP of this too.

The rom's I ripped switch jp and pop. They go down to 5p, 10p, 20p, 25p & 30p and £75 - £250 JP.. % also switches & I added a switch settings in the other thread but not which combinations work. Trial & error...

Think you have to click s door before changing them & try a different combination of it says invalid entry.

Edited by Louie Bee
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, serene02 said:

Nice one dougsta, I did have it accepting £2 coins back when I looked into it.  I believe the machine is set to euros.  Could be wrong though.  I expect it has a bespoke euro symbol in place of the dollar sign, mfme won’t have this symbol as default.

J

I seem to remember reading that the display do not carrying £ symbol in the code. Only bell fruit had £ in the display code, but maybe this applies to early machines.

That's why £ was on the glass, not the display for many machines I believe.

Could be wrong ☺️

15 minutes ago, Louie Bee said:

I seem to remember reading that the display do not carrying £ symbol in the code. Only bell fruit had £ in the display code, but maybe this applies to early machines.

That's why £ was on the glass, not the display for many machines I believe.

Could be wrong ☺️

The alpha display I sure it’s a emulator alpha setting that changes $ to £ in led properties 

not tried any of these “emptier” roms and still wouldn’t have a scooby what to do lol

5 hours ago, serene02 said:

J

The EURO explanation makes sense, and will be why it doesn't accept MPU5 GBP coins. I'll play around with the settings some more this weekend to see if I can get it to accept more than €0.10 at a time.

can't seam to get the £1000 v0.1 running the machine does nowt unless i'm doing summut wrong, does anybody have these preloaded in a existing layout?

No probs sorted it the PIC code was Wrong (PCCC)

Edited by vectra666

there's several coin inputs that work, pluto 5 £1 for instance but only 25C at a time and the meters work with that the one @hitthesix states the  meters dont work

it's only accepting 50Cents at a time due to maybe the euro coin denomination only goes to 50cents? is there a one Euro coin? these imo are ferry roms for the channel crossings

edit to add it also only pays out in 25Cent's at a time

Edited by vectra666

6 minutes ago, Fruity Lew said:

thanks degsy for this, will give it a try.

can anyone tell me how i drag the reels up and down to see above and below? im sure there is a setting somewhere but i cant find it. thnaks

like this 

Untitled.jpg

• Thanks 1

On 28/05/2021 at 19:08, vectra666 said:

the one @hitthesix states the  meters dont work

Yes the meters do work mate, you can only see the meters work when you add 2x 50ps/50 cents

which adds 10 as in 2x 50p or 2x 50 cents.

Untitled.jpg

• Like 2

Thanks for all the info about this guys

I have been having some fun messing around with this method, but still to get a JP out of the setup, I have had yellow bars a number of times now.

I think TommyC's DX is the best DX version of this, and whilst it may not be a higher resolution, I think the lamping effects and attention to detail are much better.

So I have been using TommyC's DX and I have tried added in the reel bands on the side to be dynamic so they help with the setups.

I have shared this below for anyone who is interested.

Psycho Cash Beast Club (Barcrest) [c].rar

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

If you get fed up waiting for the cycles of play in-between getting the £25-£40 cash exchanges and want to practice the nearest win emptier more often then if you poke RAM location FFFF174C with values around 14-19 then hold just a 1 or 2 single number on a reel to get up the cash ladder immediately at those points. (or if the trail is currently held or you have active nudges, both give the same result)

This RAM location is the point at which the machine believes it has got to on the cash trail ladder. 

You enter the address and data value into the Debugger in MFME (Debug / Main Board). You fill in the A field with the address and the D field with the value (try values around 14-19) THEN you press the WRITE button to 'POKE' the value into memory.

Other Locations of interest:

FFFF1725 - Zone Level (01 - 06) (need to press a knockout on the current active level to get it to jump)
FFFF16CF - Knockouts Remaining

I totally appreciate these are just fun RAM hacks, and not anything you could have done for real. It's just a bit of fun to have in the emulator.

image.thumb.png.cc2cf1ff9677dd90f146f2f4e1252dcc.png

Edited by Mort
  • Like 5

40 minutes ago, Mort said:

If you get fed up waiting for the cycles of play in-between getting the £25-£40 cash exchanges and want to practice the nearest win emptier more often then if you poke RAM location FFFF174C with values around 14-19 then hold just a 1 or 2 single number on a reel to get up the cash ladder immediately at those points. (or if the trail is currently held or you have active nudges, both give the same result)

This RAM location is the point at which the machine believes it has got to on the cash ladder.

You enter the address and data value into the Debugger in MFME (Debug / Main Board). You fill in the A field with the address and the D field with the value (try values around 14-19) THEN you press the WRITE button to 'POKE' the value into memory.

FFFF1725 - Zone Level (01 - 06) (need to press a knockout on the current active level to get it to jump)

I totally appreciate these are just fun RAM hacks, and not anything you could have done for real. It's just a bit of fun to have in the emulator.

Awesome, the sort of thing I'm in to :)

Can I be cheeky and ask how you find these things out? I used to do simple 'cheating' on console emulators for example, but it was normally tools built into the emulators to search for strings. Simple things like getting extra / infinite lives by searching and comparing values using a built in 'cheat scanner' to use uneducated language.

Is that the sort of thing that can be done in MFME? I fancy trying to break a few games, even though it's utterly pointless and wouldn't achieve anything, I find tinkering with things like that puts a smile on my face :D

• Like 1

Decal collection photography got sidetracked during my month without internet - will get caught up on it soon! :)

1 hour ago, Mort said:

This RAM location is the point at which the machine believes it has got to on the cash trail ladder. 

Can the coding on roms be hacked to a different stake/ payout?

• Like 1

Zippy🤐 from Rainbosays "Head over to my thread for extra fun and frolics" https://www.desertislandfruits.com/forum/index.php?/topic/2941-emptiers/&tab=comments#comment-19855

2 hours ago, Mort said:

Have you ever managed to find the compensator locations for any games? It would be interesting to watch how these change with money in/out.

And presumably you could poke the comp locations with new values to make games instantly happy?

• Like 1

@slotsmagic Glad you have got some enjoyment from what I am doing here. Honestly I would love to say it's some complicated wizardry that I do to find these locations but in reality it only comes down to patience, determination and time. I just monitor sections of RAM to see locations changing value in line with what you expect. i.e. If I want to look for the amount of nudges remaining I will look for a location decreasing 4/3/2/1 as I take said nudges in normal gameplay. I had only really decided to get to grips with the MFME debugger a few weeks before the great @Wizard passed away, and some of this work was demonstrated by Degsy in the Indiana Jones video. 

I would have loved to have spoken to Wizard about the debugger in much more detail to try and understand how to use it properly but it's such a shame I never had the chance.  I believe he would have really loved for people to take an interest in this section of MFME but was patiently waiting for people to take an interest in it. 

With regard to looking more closely at the code to do things like manipulate the compensator tables and other routines then it really needs someone at the genius level that Wizard provided to assist and provide that insight to us. You see RAM locations are one thing, but working out the routines and monitoring the assembly language and interaction between hardware components is a completely different level altogether.

It really is under-estimated the level of knowledge that Wizard had and in-turn in which he coded into MFME which we all continue to enjoy. 

I'm really glad FME continues to progress here at DIF and I'm sure Wizard would be glad to see the interest continuing also.

Edited by Mort
  • Like 4

19 minutes ago, Mort said:

With regard to looking more closely at the code to do things like manipulate the compensator tables and other routines then it really needs someone at the genius level that Wizard provided to assist and provide that insight to us. You see RAM locations are one thing, but working out the routines and monitoring the assembly language and interaction between hardware components is a completely different level altogether.

It really is under-estimated the level of knowledge that Wizard had and in-turn in which he coded into MFME which we all continue to enjoy. 

I'm really glad FME continues to progress here at DIF and I'm sure Wizard would be glad to see the interest continuing also.

I couldn't agree more, very well said bud.

• Like 2

Zippy🤐 from Rainbosays "Head over to my thread for extra fun and frolics" https://www.desertislandfruits.com/forum/index.php?/topic/2941-emptiers/&tab=comments#comment-19855

• 2 weeks later...