Barcrest - Monty Python's Flying Circus - UHD 1.0.1

(12 reviews)

1 Screenshot

About This File

Here it is, I'm pretty happy with how it's come out. If anything is obviously wrong, let me know - I will update it if required!

Only doing a £15 version at the moment, I will consider the £5 version later. 

NOTE - I designed this on my two gaming PCs, this is a UHD layout and does feature a fair few blended lamps so will potentially not run well on lower specced / older machines. I do apologise if that is the case!

Thanks to @Reg for graphical advice and hints, and @Boulderdash for playtesting - do note that I have done some work on this after testing and may have introduced new errors, so again, if you find issues, let me know :)

Notes copied from the layout :

Barcrest 'Monty Python's Flying Circus' AWP - on MPU5 tech.

£15 cash jackpot at 25p play, set to 78% payout as released.

Layout VERSION 1.0.1 designed by SlotsMagic using MFME v20.1

** Version History **

1.0.1 - Corrected window size, corrected layout notes, corrected cabinet type (Genesis).
1.0.0 - Original release.

** Keyboard Shortcuts **

Insert £1 = 0

Start = Spacebar
Hold 1 = 1
Hold 2 / Hi = 2
Hold 3 / Lo = 3
Mr Barcrest = M
Feature Exchange = E
Cancel = ' (above 'TAB' key / left of '1' key)
Collect = C

Take Bonus = B
Take Cash = T
Take Feature = F
Cash Knockout = K
Feature Knockout = L

** Notes **

I've used higher than normal resolution for the reels, and also some more blended lamps and transparency than I might normally use. Slower laptops and PCs might struggle. Sorry for that!

Machine has been created using photographs I took of my own machine. As released it is on £15 Jackpot, I do have a £25 kit (but these ROMs don't support it), and a £5 kit (will release at some point).

I have made this machine for selfish, nostalgic reasons. It isn't the best machine to play but I've many happy memories of playing it with dad and wanted to do it some justice!

** Thanks To **

Johnnyafc for the classic layout I used as the base for this release!
Reg (graphical advice and support) and Boulderdash (playtesting)!
Any issues blame me, not them! I never was good at following advice or instructions!

Christian J Wren a.k.a. Wizard (1965-2020) for MFME itself. 
Cheers for the last 20(ish) years of joy.

Everyone else at DesertIslandFruits.com for putting up with me :D

** Legal bit **

This layout was created by me, for me, and shared amongst the people of DesertIslandFruits.com. If I decide to release it to other forums I will do so, it is not to be shared / hosted elsewhere without my permission, nor to be included in any bundle with or without the emulator(s) or otherwise sold or traded.

Edited by slotsmagic
Updated notes to reflect v1.0.1

What's New in Version 1.0.1   See changelog

Released

1.0.1 - Corrected window size, corrected layout notes, corrected cabinet type (Genesis), removed WIP tag.

• Like 18
  • Thanks 7
  • Awesome 5

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Hi, I downloaded the file this morning, but the game wasn't being found by MFME. I eventually found that the game is filtered as WIP. So I think this is why I couldn't find it. 

It is a fantastic looking layout, and being a fan of python the soundset is superb. You've done an incredible job with the graphics. I really appreciate your hard work.

With my first £1 in I gambled to the jackpot and got a repeat. So I might have to stop at that :)

Thanks.

4 hours ago, depdawg said:

Hi, I downloaded the file this morning, but the game wasn't being found by MFME. I eventually found that the game is filtered as WIP. So I think this is why I couldn't find it. 

It is a fantastic looking layout, and being a fan of python the soundset is superb. You've done an incredible job with the graphics. I really appreciate your hard work.

With my first £1 in I gambled to the jackpot and got a repeat. So I might have to stop at that :)

Thanks.

Many thanks for highlighting the WIP tag, will sort that out now :)

I did release it with a drift (how much the machine owes back to the player) of over £45 so it should do a jackpot and maybe a couple of repeats, and then it'll go back to how it would play 'normally'. It's still only had £150 in from reset so it's a long way off having settled long-term though :)

Edited by slotsmagic

Fantastic re-creation, I remember this one well brought a smile to the face.

Sorry I posted this a a review before not a comment.

Cheers!

Thanks for this, i used to own this machine way back when.. always a bit of fun thanks to the sound bites 

Cheers Andy