The Immortal 300 DX 1.1.1

(3 reviews)

2 Screenshots

About This File

I'm hoping this works okay. I copied the files into a different directory without the bak files but it wouldn't work, so I have simply zipped the files from the main directory that I created it.

Many thanks for @Matty.n for his superb original classic layout.

Thanks to @infection for his excellent images and @vectra666 for his help and also @Liverpool2008 for his suggestion and help in working out where the DEATH wording goes.

I've left it at the bottom section and hope it looks okay. :)

As always, biggest thanks got to the late, great @Wizard for his amazing emulator, without which, none of these machine layouts would be possible.

Enjoy the game and I don't know how, but one of the icons for the Victory game got deleted so I recreated it.

What's New in Version 1.1.1   See changelog

Released

I had experimented with a larger matrix and didn't think it looked right, but @JRSC01 has kindly taken the time to adjust the surrounding and made it look larger.

It's easier to read but if you look at the screenshot

'the immortal 300 larger matrix'

you'll see whether you like it or not. 

• Like 20
  • Thanks 2

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Thank you for this release, MRM... these newer machines seem very complicated with a ton of things going on... think i'm going to need a PHD in F.M.S  (Fruit Machine Science) to be able to play it lol  🤣

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, MPU_FIVE said:

Thank you for this release, MRM... these newer machines seem very complicated with a ton of things going on... think i'm going to need a PHD in F.M.S  (Fruit Machine Science) to be able to play it lol  🤣

The one thing that I wish I could have made better, but unfortunately I can't, is the display for the credits etc. as to make it fit the machine, it's a bit too small for my liking. I could have put a larger version at the bottom of the machine but felt it would detract too much from the machine.

Once you play it for a while though, it's quite straightfoward as there's not that many buttons to press as the machine seems to do it all for you, if that makes sense?

The best way is to try pressing the buttons and see what they do, if they're lit, and hope for the best :D

• Meow 1

5 hours ago, Coskey Fruits said:

Using v 20.1 for this, just freezes with a mad message on the alpha display, machine goes to load, then freezes won't reset the reels, load or go into attract mode.  I just get a dead wall of death inactive machine.  I don't know why it wont work.  Thank you.

Have you tried Clearing the Ram?

If you're not sure how to do it, click on the Configuration option at the top and on the bottom of the screen is an option to Clear RAM.

image.thumb.png.f97e06b7523a844b115ceaa1b0b23021.png

image.png.b79fd1014bc0d1f7b3ffcc43bde64a00.png

8 hours ago, Coskey Fruits said:

Tried that and it just stays frozen, won't do anything.  Next time I try and load it, I will do a screenshot.  I'm using win 8.1 atm but have 10 installed on a virtual drive on the same disk so can't get to it for now :)

That may be an issue as I seem to recall it requiring Windows 10 (or at least I remember it wouldn't work on Windows 7 and I don't have anything with Windows 8 on).

Hope you manage to get it working. Is this the first machine that doesn't work?

3 hours ago, Coskey Fruits said:

I was running the machine in windows 10, mfme 20.1.  Mfme 20.1 does not work in windows 8.1.  I have both operating systems installed on the same hard disk.  When I visit this site I use win 8.1, to play the games I shut down then load win 10.  Never had any problems with any of the other games.

I'd download the layout again.

Don't do anything with the machine, like resetting the ram or opening doors, just try to load it.

For me, the longest pause is when it has BETNITHP 1.4 on the alpha

• Like 2
  • Do'h 1

On 16/06/2023 at 05:14, wearecity said:

For me, the longest pause is when it has BETNITHP 1.4 on the alpha

Same, looked totally frozen like it had crashed tbf, took around 4-5 min for the rom to finish loading up, once loaded though all good.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, simpleas said:

Same, looked totally frozen like it had crashed tbf, took around 4-5 min for the rom to finish loading up, once loaded though all good.

This is basically replicating the real machine. That's how good the emulation is.

Much older versions of the emulator had a speed up function. That sounds good, but it was removed as it would have caused timing issues with some techs.

Edited by wearecity
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, simpleas said:

Yes it frustrated me when I was first loading the machine to work on it when I was creating it.

Glad it's working for you though :)

• Like 1

On 03/04/2024 at 00:43, LoopyFruits said:

Top stuff @Multi Retro Man Looks amazing!

Ignore my last message, I didn't realise it was on the release thing.

My first week at work and my brain's frazzled lol